Poldavian C&C AAR

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 13 Jul 2012, 15:37

First off, I don't appreciate the "this is bullshit" tone. My units did not start moving from main base until after 12:00, that is when berget transport for the setup arrived, and the general guy giving a speech finally stopped talking. My point was that your units were in the field, mine were not, at the time berget had set for the scenario to start, they then gave us a meeting point for the missile, (that was not there, and we had units having to search for something berget had not got in place yet), that was already covered by your forward elements. I am aware of the fact that you were on a defend mission, but I still do not agree with the way berget "placed the pieces" for the last battle, no matter what Zan problems there was!
This was the Poldavian AAR, if you as Zanzians see a great difference with yours, provide it, and we will see what does not add up.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 13 Jul 2012, 17:01

If I remember correctly, we were informed that game was again on 1130 on Saturday and that the final battle will start at 1200. At least for me it means that if game is on 1130, you are free to do what you will ingame. Sure, I do not agree with the means BE handled this, but we only acted according to those instructions and what was best to do ATM.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 13 Jul 2012, 17:13

So were we, and given orders from berget to stay in camp for this general to come and have his say. This again just proves my point of berget placing the pieces, by giving us orders and information that did not fit with the overall theme of the game. I am questioning bergets way of setting things up here, not the fighting honor of the fins......But it does not change the fact that Enemy forces were in place covering my mission starting area at go time.

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 13 Jul 2012, 18:07

And I still fail to understand, why that is such a bad thing? The person keeping the talk was probably the old "Mayor" and Poldavian overall commander from B8, and as it was told in pre-game, he had a very severe stomach-flu and could not attend the game, since he was in a hospital.

So, to get him to your base to hold the speach, was probably a bit troublesome affair to organize.

Be it how may, we had VERY little time to set up for defence, I had no time to pre-arrange artillery, or check the positions of our troops at my sector, which are the 2 most basic things you need to do. So if your attack was hap-hasard, so was our defence.

But maybe that was the whole idea, to make it quicker looking at the battle as a whole. This would make it a bit more obvious also, why the ML behaved the way it did.

I do not like timetables and scripting per se, but this fight was pre-arranged, to make sure it would happen properly, it needs some "parental guidance" and thus I understand BE's influence on it.

I do not like the BS attitude either, I didn't mean to bring it out like that myself, just to give you some insight from our perspective, and maybe question the opinions you had on the overall arrangement of the final battle.

I will not continue to "hijack" this thread any longer. I do think all threads on public sections are open for discussion, as long as it stays on topic, which it has done.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

J82
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by J82 » 13 Jul 2012, 21:21

What a hassle. That "attack" was the only offensive action that I saw from Pol troops during the 4 days event. If we dont count in the visit from Pol mech unit, and counter attacks made while in contact whit the enemy.

I mean Zansians marched all the way to your "front/back yard" to fight against heavy Pol resistance whos re-spawns were 100m from the road or had transport at their disbosal. We kept up the fight whit long march and long re-spawns throu the most of thursday.

So if you actually have to attack ONCE during the whole 4 day event...
yeah... I think ive made my point :wink:

Godspeed and good luck to us all on our endevours. Hopefully something can be learned from these events.

And have a nice day

:D

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 13 Jul 2012, 22:11

Wow! Don't know about making your point, but you sure missed a few...

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 14 Jul 2012, 00:37

Haha, not the first time I'm afraid :D
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 14 Jul 2012, 16:39

J82 wrote:What a hassle. That "attack" was the only offensive action that I saw from Pol troops...... bla bla bla
Dont get to cocky now. No pol offencive? We where holding abandond villadge for the longest time. We where also holding old mill, and devils cross close to the amount of time it was in nafs hands. Looking past some great fights at crossroads. At least where i was pressent we where rolling over nearly everything.

On a side note: On berget 9 we lost crossroads this time we stood our ground.

I am not omipotent and i was not everywhere but try not to claim something like that please.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 14 Jul 2012, 18:00

I'm so not into these mobile typing devices so bear any typing mistakes with me pls. I'll comment the launcher running away from sappers during Sat... As it happened when the vehicle was repaired on the road, one poldavian female wrapped in a poly poncho tried to climb it and... Tore off the air bent on the rear tyre. What a fail of rules and uniform that was. Anyways, Spof driving the truck figured it would be best to use the airtime as good as possible. And drove off. Saturday was a great day in fighting and I wish more Sappers would have taken part in it. Maybe next year...
Great review, Tiger!
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 14 Jul 2012, 18:56

Mrfoss wrote: I am not omipotent and i was not everywhere but try not to claim something like that please.
I agree, and this is unfortunately a problem which always arises just before and just after the event.

Some people just are like that, I guess. Please don't take offence or make any hasty opinions about other Zan players according to these comments.

Brujo, thank you for that info on the ML, it clears up the thing alot!
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 14 Jul 2012, 21:27

Agree Jdoe, I know this does not represent everyone. The Zans i talked to ingame where all nice dudes. I am all over very happy with this berget when it comes to fair play and friendliness this year. Had a great time.

Back to topic, Have already done this in the barracks, but i want to thank Tiger and all he's staff for commanding bergest largest "bunch of war mongering berserker horde". It can't be easy. It was a very interesting reading for a grunt.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 15 Jul 2012, 21:06

I see I missed a question in thread, that I was remined of in PM, totalt nr of Poldavian forces. I do not know. The induvidual Bn commanders will have to answere for their units. I know 5th was just over 200, and 3rd was around 300. sappers 70ish, and mec around 70, with a mec platoon with no cars of around 25. C&C was 10, psyops I have no idea, as they made up half the civilans as well I gather. BRF was 50ish, I think I worked with a figure of around 850 men total. that might be a bit high.

Mr.Ghost
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mr.Ghost » 15 Jul 2012, 21:39

3rd was 308.
They have NOT killed Kenny. Bastards! ;-)

J82
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by J82 » 16 Jul 2012, 20:45

So when did it became "illegal" to comment or tell his/hers own story if it is different than what others are writing/have experienced ?

I truly well know where I've been/seen/done during the event and my statement was based on that experience. And for the record I was NOT in a recon group that was doing operations behind enemy lines.

Have no fear my life wont be ruined by this little event here on the boards.

During the games Ive had few laughs whit NAF players and allso friendly chit chat whit Pol wounded/eliminated. So again if i tell my own experience we got someone here that apologies other board readers about my behavior ?
(Juha loppui nyt tuo toisten puolesta puhuminen ja mielistely ).

God all mighty. Well like i said, everybody are entitled to his or hers opinion how things proceeded.

And like allways: Have a nice day.

-Juha-
Last edited by J82 on 16 Jul 2012, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 16 Jul 2012, 21:18

J82 wrote:So when did it became "illegal" to comment or tell his/hers own story if it is different than what others are writing/have experienced ?
Because it's the Pol C&C AAR thread, not the 'comment on Pol actions' thread :P

and it's not illegal, it's just frowned upon ^^
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple