The minefield

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 12
Makaze
Newbee
Newbee

The minefield

Post by Makaze » 01 Aug 2014, 15:34

We in BP notice that a lot of ppl missed or totally ignored the minefield.
And that when clearing a path, they did not do it according to the rules
I think the rules for clearing the minefield needs a bit more of explaining. Or that ppl need to read the rules better =)

with two yellow bands 1-1,5 meters apart
this i know was ignored by most(everyone?), as we in BP only found starting/ending points with only one band.

When the engineer is on the other side of the minefield two yellow bands must run the whole width of the minefield, showing a clear path through the minefield.
this was also missed by most ppl (including us in BP), It was only mark with one band every 10meter mark. not across the whole minefield. This was a big problem for us in BP when trying to find minesweept areas, as most band were down in the ground only showing a few centimeter.

sorry if there are lots of bad grammar in the text =)
Any other points regarding the minefield ?

Animal Mother

Re: The minefield

Post by Animal Mother » 02 Aug 2014, 22:11

I am also in BP.
The Border-Minefield was crap in the Game. Short, but i think so. :team:

doshch
Private
Private

Post by doshch » 06 Aug 2014, 15:07

My sqad has located en enemy engenears on the mine feld doing their job acording to the rules. We took them out, all as we thoght. But after one of my frends got to close to the MF he was told that he is dead now. He took the HIT whithout any complainings, shit happens. But... in some minutes one of the survivers RUN ALONG!!! (not accross!!!)the feeld, keepeng his had low so we can not see him- Well, sooting of 5 rifles did not stopped him so we mooved out. I did not want to ruine my gane trying to ask him WTF iis he doing. Maybe the path was made along the feld, which does not make sens_ i was thinking and we checked the feld all the way up no the border trying to finde the enter. Nothing. And the qestion is. What a hell peple are thinking when thay are telling to some body about the rules of the mine feeld if thay play themselfs like that?

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 25 Aug 2014, 10:20

this was also missed by most ppl (including us in BP), It was only mark with one band every 10meter mark. not across the whole minefield. This was a big problem for us in BP when trying to find minesweept areas, as most band were down in the ground only showing a few centimeter.
According to regulations stated on the forum, the markings had to be at least 60cm from the ground.

The 'continuous band' did pose a problem, as you'd sometimes run out of tape 10m before the edge of the minefield.
My platoon made 3 or 4 breaches, every time it was tense as all hell, wondering if they were going to make it to the other side with enough tape. :P
I believe the use of separate marks every 10m was allowed by GMs. (Saw it with my own eyes)

As for making it hard to spot clearings, tough shit :P :lol:
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Makaze
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Makaze » 27 Aug 2014, 08:03

According to regulations stated on the forum, the markings had to be at least 60cm from the ground.
this should be in the rules on the website =(