The CP points

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 13

What did you think about the new capture point system ?

It was really good!
25
27%
Good, but in need of some improval.
60
64%
It was not god since i did not get login to the map.
9
10%
Dont use this system anymore.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 94

vinni
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 1005
Joined: 26 Feb 2008, 16:25
Location: Belgium

Re: The CP points

Post by vinni » 12 Jul 2015, 14:15

It wouldn't make sense. Because then you're creating a scenario where the defenders would lose ground, even if they manage to retake it.
That's just illogical.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: Yes

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 100
Joined: 16 Dec 2013, 15:54

Re: The CP points

Post by Helvetica » 13 Jul 2015, 02:05

cant really agree with you, but its up to BE to do sth in this case. Otherwise, every year the GCT looses more troops and the moral will go down.. of course it could be possible, that ikaros will get some chance to retake the CP, but i think they will like the idea to get GCT Forces not that far away
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Posts: 160
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 18:28
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: The CP points

Post by M.Koho » 13 Jul 2015, 05:51

GCT morale won't be a matter at next game as usually one storyline lasts for three games only :D.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

vinni
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 1005
Joined: 26 Feb 2008, 16:25
Location: Belgium

Re: The CP points

Post by vinni » 13 Jul 2015, 14:50

Helvetica wrote:cant really agree with you, but its up to BE to do sth in this case. Otherwise, every year the GCT looses more troops and the moral will go down.. of course it could be possible, that ikaros will get some chance to retake the CP, but i think they will like the idea to get GCT Forces not that far away
Seizing all CPs but still have to walk back to base to respawn when GCT can respawn anywhere? I doubt we'd like that.

But hey, let's agree to disagree and, like you said, let BE handle it.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: Yes

Corleone
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 48
Joined: 13 May 2011, 02:31
Location: Tromsø, Norway

Re: The CP points

Post by Corleone » 14 Jul 2015, 02:45

Seems I need to quote myself from this post. You're giving the wrong answers to the right problem Helvetica.
Corleone wrote: Regarding the GCT/old Poldavian base and it's travel distance from town: After seeing how bad it works at B9, B10 and B13, we need a sticky respawn approx. at CP10 that needs to be captured or earned during the first day or two. Make it part of the natural progress of the game! When it's in the hands of the faction, a certain preset area get's taped in by a GM and marked with signs: This area is not allowed to be attacked or captured! This way we avoid spawnrapes. Have a tarp/tent/shack set up pre-game, so that people can store some bags of drytech and a jetboil and have a water tank down at the road. Suddenly we'll see a more lively game, even with half of the blues not showing up for game-on.
B9 Poldavia 3rd Mountaineers - SwissOps
B10 Poldavia 5th Infantry - SwissOps
B11 Ravens Guerilla & Nuke-delivery service
B12 Ravens Infantry - US Baby Seals
B13 Ikaros Infantry - US Baby Seals
B14 UPIR Shadow Seals
B15 Mercs - US Baby Seals
B17 GFM Mech - USBS

User avatar
grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 212
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 14:57
Location: Bucharest / Romania
Contact:

Re: The CP points

Post by grasulas » 14 Jul 2015, 20:29

Corleone wrote:Seems I need to quote myself from this post. You're giving the wrong answers to the right problem Helvetica.
Corleone wrote: Regarding the GCT/old Poldavian base and it's travel distance from town: After seeing how bad it works at B9, B10 and B13, we need a sticky respawn approx. at CP10 that needs to be captured or earned during the first day or two. Make it part of the natural progress of the game! When it's in the hands of the faction, a certain preset area get's taped in by a GM and marked with signs: This area is not allowed to be attacked or captured! This way we avoid spawnrapes. Have a tarp/tent/shack set up pre-game, so that people can store some bags of drytech and a jetboil and have a water tank down at the road. Suddenly we'll see a more lively game, even with half of the blues not showing up for game-on.

Sory bro, can we have some umbrellas and some cocktails, a stripper will do wonders for GTC moral, SARCASM OFF - Personally I come to BERGET for milsim elements starting with game area, duration of the game and finishing with level of roleplay displayed by many friends I had encounter for the last 7 years I had participated to this game.

The day when BC will make special rules for one of the faction because players lack the stamina or combat will to play the game as it is, a MILSIM oriented event, will be the last Berget for me, Speedball events we have everywhere.
_______________________________
Berget Veteran

Corleone
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 48
Joined: 13 May 2011, 02:31
Location: Tromsø, Norway

Re: The CP points

Post by Corleone » 15 Jul 2015, 18:25

grasulas wrote:Sory bro, can we have some umbrellas and some cocktails, a stripper will do wonders for GTC moral, SARCASM OFF - Personally I come to BERGET for milsim elements starting with game area, duration of the game and finishing with level of roleplay displayed by many friends I had encounter for the last 7 years I had participated to this game.

The day when BC will make special rules for one of the faction because players lack the stamina or combat will to play the game as it is, a MILSIM oriented event, will be the last Berget for me, Speedball events we have everywhere.
Luckily you're not the only person attending Berget. There are up to 1799 other individuals there aswell, and their interests and/or needs differ from yours. You can still walk from the main HQ even after a sticky spawn is up... If you can't comprehend that this is a game and that it needs proper balancing, then go hang from an imagined parachute in the forest :P
B9 Poldavia 3rd Mountaineers - SwissOps
B10 Poldavia 5th Infantry - SwissOps
B11 Ravens Guerilla & Nuke-delivery service
B12 Ravens Infantry - US Baby Seals
B13 Ikaros Infantry - US Baby Seals
B14 UPIR Shadow Seals
B15 Mercs - US Baby Seals
B17 GFM Mech - USBS

L4gi
Captain
Captain
Posts: 492
Joined: 26 Jun 2008, 19:19
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: The CP points

Post by L4gi » 15 Jul 2015, 20:07

There was like 1200 people attending this year. I dont know where people keep pulling those numbers from... 1300 paid tickets, usual dropout rate etc. you end up with quite a bit less.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Corleone
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 48
Joined: 13 May 2011, 02:31
Location: Tromsø, Norway

Re: The CP points

Post by Corleone » 15 Jul 2015, 21:23

L4gi wrote:There was like 1200 people attending this year. I dont know where people keep pulling those numbers from... 1300 paid tickets, usual dropout rate etc. you end up with quite a bit less.
Not the point at all, hence me saying "up to" instead of trying to find the exact number. As long as there are noticeable numbers interested in something other than unbalanced milsim, it makes grasulas counter-argument null and void. Game-balance first and foremost. Both teams should have the same walking distance to most CPs and the town (this especially counts in regard to the normal infantry).
B9 Poldavia 3rd Mountaineers - SwissOps
B10 Poldavia 5th Infantry - SwissOps
B11 Ravens Guerilla & Nuke-delivery service
B12 Ravens Infantry - US Baby Seals
B13 Ikaros Infantry - US Baby Seals
B14 UPIR Shadow Seals
B15 Mercs - US Baby Seals
B17 GFM Mech - USBS

vinni
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 1005
Joined: 26 Feb 2008, 16:25
Location: Belgium

Re: The CP points

Post by vinni » 15 Jul 2015, 21:29

Actually...
1872 tickets booked.

Total Civilians: 35
Total GCT 1st Infantry: 472
Total GCT 205th Airborn Infantry: 421
Total Ikaros Corporation: 966
http://berget.ncds.se/list/playerlist.html

Sure, that includes unpaid tickets and dropouts, but I'd be surprised if the few gaps add up to 1/3rd).
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: Yes

L4gi
Captain
Captain
Posts: 492
Joined: 26 Jun 2008, 19:19
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: The CP points

Post by L4gi » 15 Jul 2015, 21:41

There were around 1432 paid tickets total according to the list, and Berget has said they usually have a 15-20% dropout rate every game.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Corleone
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 48
Joined: 13 May 2011, 02:31
Location: Tromsø, Norway

Re: The CP points

Post by Corleone » 15 Jul 2015, 21:50

Actually our beloved Swiss friends almost insisted that they were hardly 500 attendees at the GCT side. It makes we consider swapping sides next year, but not without my friends at HQ!
B9 Poldavia 3rd Mountaineers - SwissOps
B10 Poldavia 5th Infantry - SwissOps
B11 Ravens Guerilla & Nuke-delivery service
B12 Ravens Infantry - US Baby Seals
B13 Ikaros Infantry - US Baby Seals
B14 UPIR Shadow Seals
B15 Mercs - US Baby Seals
B17 GFM Mech - USBS

L4gi
Captain
Captain
Posts: 492
Joined: 26 Jun 2008, 19:19
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: The CP points

Post by L4gi » 15 Jul 2015, 22:20

Yeah its about right, we had a total of just under 600 tickets paid.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

User avatar
grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 212
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 14:57
Location: Bucharest / Romania
Contact:

Re: The CP points

Post by grasulas » 18 Jul 2015, 00:58

Corleone wrote:...

Luckily you're not the only person attending Berget. There are up to 1799 other individuals there aswell, and their interests and/or needs differ from yours. You can still walk from the main HQ even after a sticky spawn is up... If you can't comprehend that this is a game and that it needs proper balancing, then go hang from an imagined parachute in the forest :P

You have no clue, zero experience as GTC player why the faction was so inefficient but you keep proposing things you have no idea if it will work or not, you keep complaining about GTC moral and people, but you are not ready to switch the side because you want a proper HQ ....

You say BERGET is a game, good if is a game why don`t you have the balls to switch sides and help GTC get better, or at least before pointing out solutions ask those with first hand experience what went wrong in GTC, that will be a proper and correct way to do it imo.

Berget Games had always good years and bad years, that is not a reason to lower the standards of the target players. we don`t need more people, we need quality people, people who will show up no matter weather forecast or how outnumber they are. More important we have to improve what is not working, people prefer not to join GTC not because of the uniform or distances they have to walk, is because GTC fail to have a proper working HQ, people need a reason for there efforts, they have to believe in the idea that what they are doing is important for the team and all other team members, and that my friend you can not do it with more respawns, fixed CPs or more speedball players, that is pure leadership, that is HQ work and coordination.
_______________________________
Berget Veteran

Corleone
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 48
Joined: 13 May 2011, 02:31
Location: Tromsø, Norway

Re: The CP points

Post by Corleone » 18 Jul 2015, 12:02

grasulas wrote:You have no clue, zero experience as GTC player why the faction was so inefficient but you keep proposing things you have no idea if it will work or not, you keep complaining about GTC moral and people, but you are not ready to switch the side because you want a proper HQ ....

You say BERGET is a game, good if is a game why don`t you have the balls to switch sides and help GTC get better, or at least before pointing out solutions ask those with first hand experience what went wrong in GTC, that will be a proper and correct way to do it imo.

Berget Games had always good years and bad years, that is not a reason to lower the standards of the target players. we don`t need more people, we need quality people, people who will show up no matter weather forecast or how outnumber they are. More important we have to improve what is not working, people prefer not to join GTC not because of the uniform or distances they have to walk, is because GTC fail to have a proper working HQ, people need a reason for there efforts, they have to believe in the idea that what they are doing is important for the team and all other team members, and that my friend you can not do it with more respawns, fixed CPs or more speedball players, that is pure leadership, that is HQ work and coordination.
Actually I spent two years having my base at the exact same location as you guys had this year, so my experience within the context is absolutely there. I cannot be bothered if you had other things on your mind; we're talking about CPs and handling here, not whatever happened/didn't happen within your HQ...
Anyways BE even had a similar concept with the field hospital at B10. To be honest the idea about sticky spawns is borrowed from a friend, but it's an excellent one if you count up the walking distance to town from both bases. I see that you think adding a sticky spawn point* is purely for making it easier, but as I just stated it's about balancing out differences in pure walking length. It's also, and this is an important point, about relieving BE from having to constantly run a shuttle. I was told they were overworked this year.
Rather than spending all your energy on that big mouth, you could still walk from the main base even if a sticky spawn is added. Problem solved! \^_^/

I challenge you to quote me saying anything about the GCT-morale and players in this thread, cause I can't find anything in my posts here. Maybe you're reading someone else's posts? If so, that would indicate that you're in fact the one who doesn't have a clue ;)

It is my own decisions about staying with a command team, that I feel strongly connected to. I find no basis in reality for anyone else to think they have a saying in this, or reason to challenge my decision. Reading your posts I am not surprised if you cannot comprehend this, as I see a narrow minded and snobby person putting judgement upon others rather than bringing in good arguments like a real man would do.


* Which needs to be earned from and achieved set of missions, bought or similar. This will of course require a lot of effort just to achieve, so do not be fooled by your own thought about this being easy-mode for anyone.
B9 Poldavia 3rd Mountaineers - SwissOps
B10 Poldavia 5th Infantry - SwissOps
B11 Ravens Guerilla & Nuke-delivery service
B12 Ravens Infantry - US Baby Seals
B13 Ikaros Infantry - US Baby Seals
B14 UPIR Shadow Seals
B15 Mercs - US Baby Seals
B17 GFM Mech - USBS

Post Reply