info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

stub
Newbee
Newbee

Re: The logistics

Post by stub » 29 Jun 2015, 22:49

Thursday I fell in the mountains into a small crack and got my leg injured, but moved on till we came to the cross roads where we luckily got in touch with a berget-crew to get transport.
What I missed from the experience was maybe a phone number to berget-crew for some help then waiting to be lucky of them driving by.
Phone number should only be for emergencies and posted so everyone knows. (if it is I haven't seen it)
B9 - UN Forces
B13 - Hades Police
B14 - Mec Naf

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 29 Jun 2015, 23:06

Good, but it was good last year too.

The toilets in the Ikaros base were kept fairly clean. "Pyramids" did start building up inside them, but I never felt they were too unsanitary to use.

There was always water available, and it was cool and tasted fresh.

The Kiosk in our base ran out of French hot dogs before I got a chance to taste one (I was told they were good), and I think they could have used a third pair of hands during peak hours, but mostly it was fine.

Negative:
There were private off-game cars parked at what should have been an in-game parking lot at our base. I understand they were told to move, but that never happened. More and more people parked their cars there during the game, as there were no negative repercussions associated with doing so. We had no major battles up near that parking lot, but if we had I'm sure many of those cars would suffer minor damages and scratched paint.
Did BE provide enough off game parking spaces near the game area?
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Tasgeir
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tasgeir » 29 Jun 2015, 23:12

We did have a pretty long battle up at the ingame parking lot and I know a lot of cars got hit. As this was ingame parking I really dont care if the idiots that parked there got dameged cars as they were toll to move them and did not.
The fact that offgame cars were there ment that the mech units could not park together and were all over the place some in camp and some on the ingame parking.

:cooltank:

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 30 Jun 2015, 00:27

So many CPs all over the place and so few points where you can resupply with water, I remember BERGET 7 with those hot days, you guys had water canisters in all major places ...

Radios got in GTC base after we already left for the first mission.

Cudos for the big military tents, dry wood and "helicopters" :).

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 30 Jun 2015, 18:33

The MGRS on the bought A3 map was unclear or incorrect, had to rely on a copy provided by a team mate. Part of the issue seemed to be falling on the boundary of grid designators, but still a little frustrating.

Otherwise the logitstics felt good, toilets were not as good this year in the GCT camp as the PMC camp last year (but I think that was because the guy who cleaned them last year really took extreme pride in his work, 2014 had the cleanest portable toilets I'd ever encoutnered)
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC

idoaa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by idoaa » 01 Jul 2015, 22:48

everything concerning GCT logistics was awful,
the toilets were not clean for most of the game, there was ONE shower in our camp and even that was only cold water.
in the PARA we got 5 tents for 160 players?? really? i had friends sleeping outside in a makeshift tent we built because of that.
one good thing i can say here is that the food sale inside the base got an upgrade and was better then all three last years.

the last thing that happened again this year is the unbalanced forces - you have all the ways you can think of to really limit and make sure the forces are balanced but you choose to ignore that.
you could have given more BAVS to GCT to counter all the IKAROS mech but you chose not to,
you could have switched the bases to give us a better starting chance but still nothing, from our point of view it looks like you do everything just to keep the reds satisfied (were in my opinion it's stupid cause much of them won't see a good fight this way).
Nickname in Berget - DODO

Berget 10 - 3rd MNT pltCO

Berget 11 - GCT SFODU E-3

Fly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fly » 02 Jul 2015, 08:31

Are People really complaining about showers?
Come on guys, you are playing outdoors and normally no showers are to be found in the outdoors.
Streams and lakes will do the trick there and guess what, they are also cold.
If you want showers, book a trip to a vacation resort.
Berget 12 - UNISEC DM/Sniper
Berget 13 - CERBERUS RECON & SABOTAGE
Berget 14 - UPIR Shadows (HQ security)
Berget 15 - UPIR Shadows ( cancelled due to personal reasons )
Opa, the combat machine

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 02 Jul 2015, 08:57

Little from me.
GCT base:
Toilets were ok, water fine, never tried kiosk food but good that its around. Again - shower(shame that you took compressor away almost immediatly after game ended)
For the awful part - not enough tents. Come on, you had some half a year to plan that. We are not sordines to sleep on eachother - people payed for their places.
There was hard to get water elsewhere than base. Weather was hot, you want players to have dehydration?
Lack of cars offered by BE. I still remember B7 when we moved battalions in one turn, now we had only 4 max.
Beerparty on Harnosand and no Musicpolice band on it? You got soo cheap this time.
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

PDog
Corporal
Corporal

Post by PDog » 02 Jul 2015, 09:52

idoaa wrote: there was ONE shower in our camp and even that was only cold water.
:mrgreen: really, do you need warm showers @ Berget?

soderstr
Private
Private

Post by soderstr » 02 Jul 2015, 12:01

This was my fifth Berget. I think the logistics were on a generally good level.

As most Finns, all members of our team have been serving in Finnish army. Based on this we have learned rely on our own logistics for many things:
- you pack enough water for the planned operation: 3 L + extra bottles depending on the estimated length of the mission
- you bring enough food for the whole game (this year I tried the kiosk for the first time to see how it is)

Also, as we are in "forest mode", we'll go to actual showers only before changing to civilian clothes.

As we are in a large camp, portable toilets are excellent. In smaller camps, we might build our own make-shift toilet (so-called "riuku").

Based on comments, Berget should put more effort to provide enough tent space.

When we arrived at the GCT camp on Tuesday, nobody really knew where we should set our own tents. Everybody was just picking a location where they wanted. This should be organised a bit more.
B9: The Firm/Zansian Black Ops, Charlie
B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion, Bravo
B11: GCT SFODU, Victor
B12: Orlov Mercs, Infantry, Alpha
B13: GCT Sappers & Engineers, 1st Platoon
B14: NAF, Infantry, Bravo
B15: NAF, Mechanized, FinBat, Lynx 1

idoaa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by idoaa » 03 Jul 2015, 13:19

PDog wrote:
idoaa wrote: there was ONE shower in our camp and even that was only cold water.
:mrgreen: really, do you need warm showers @ Berget?
yes, not all players are milsim die hards.
we had one guy that needed a warm shower after he got a bit sick but there was only at ikaros and not the safe zone like years before.

remember that not all players come for the same goal, some will live in the forest and some only want small skirmishes.
Nickname in Berget - DODO

Berget 10 - 3rd MNT pltCO

Berget 11 - GCT SFODU E-3

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 03 Jul 2015, 14:56

I don't know if we had showers at the Ikaros base. When we felt like a shower (our car had a 2h spawn anyway) we went down to the gym/swimmingpool in Härnösand. The pool was closed, but the showers and sauna were open.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 03 Jul 2015, 15:39

Logistics were generally good, although water canisters at key points would have been useful, as well as death transports for players. Unfortunately most BE vehicles were requisitioned for use as GCT helicopters.

Ikaros base had showers, but I've been told the heating and lights broke, though shit. No unit description or rule set promises showers. You're going camping for a week, bring babywipes or camping showers.

In order to facilitate the use of the BACS system, a WiFi connection would have been great. Draining data roaming as a foreigner gets costly.
Also, the kiosk screen showing updates and presumably the BACS districts did not work.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 03 Jul 2015, 20:45

Btw, roaming is a goner next year, so in future events you will pay by the rate you pay back home. Yey!!
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr