What was your best Berget moment?

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 13
Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Re: What was your best Berget moment?

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 01 Jul 2015, 20:54

The truth serum actually never existed so they were just bluffing. I was supposed to be making it but after months of asking berget about it still no info was given and nada ingame. So i just though it did not exist at all. But well it´s kinda anti larp and boring with a truth serum:)

I had several fun moments so i'll share one for now.

I was just walking around randomly in the Krasnovo town when i spotted something that i love to see..... Oohhh, a test subject?! A little blue guy sitting together with Ikaros around the civilian campfire. Ofc i got interested right away asking if he was alive and if i could have him and they said sure since he was in fact a prisoner. *yay* :D

So we dragged him off to my small little house for some fun. Usualy when i had prisoners i got left alone but for some reason Ikaros decided to swarm my house this time to watch, film and take pictures wich got me a bit uncomfortable. I closed my door on them to keep them out so that me and my bodyguard could work a bit more in peace.
We chained the poor GCT guy up to the wall and were about to begin however the guy was such a whimp he started begging for mercy even before we could do anything....
That got me a bit by surprise and i wasn´t sure what to do.
Why would i drug or torture someone who already agreed to talk? Looking at him i could just feel pity....
The GCT guy even promised me loyalty and said he could work for me.
So well i decided i just couldn´t hurt that cute little guy and instead i put him on a leash to get him to our main base so he could talk to our commander.
I left Krasnovo with him on a chain and my personal (very untrustworthy) bodyguard by my side. The GCT guy had gotten to keep his gun since i feelt i could trust him. That was until he started asking questions about how much money and glory he could get from handing me in to the GCT...
I doubt he even knew i was a wanted person but seeing as we were all alone just us 3 in the woods i had to stop and think for a moment before i quickly picked up my roll of red tape and went like ''i'm just gonna take that now....'' while i taped his gun.

Well now when his gun was secured i felt a bit safer and we continued our way to base HQ where he got questioned by commander. Done with that we walked back to Krasnovo where i kept him for a short while till i decided to give him my timed drug in an attemt to make him a spy and then sent him off with the taxi home to GCT base.
Too bad i later found out he actually never swallowed the pill but instead kept it in his mouth, So he didn´t have to return to me for the antidote.
I miss that little guy. He was just like a dog. Imprisoned, chained up but still seemed so very happy for no reason at all..... Why was he so damn happy??? :D Probably the weirdest guy i ever had at my mercy..... Or maybe i was just too soft to resist that smile and those eyes :oops:

Should have kept him as a bodyguard :D

http://s22.postimg.org/h5a4uucxt/image.jpg
http://s13.postimg.org/cnnbklwxz/image.png
http://s12.postimg.org/4868vus19/image.jpg
http://s1.postimg.org/7eznkuygv/image.png
B12: Border Police - Lonely Medic/Spy.
B13: Hades Police - Dr. Black.
B14: UPIR - Dr. Black and Reaper.
B15: UPIR Psy-Ops - Prison Warden.
B16: NAF CIU - Commander.
B17: TFC MP - Commander.
B18: Cult Of Crows.

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 02 Jul 2015, 19:34

For me the most fun part of the game started on friday evening. We at the Rangers decided that it is time to make a move in the game and planned a operation in co-operation with Para HQ. Plan was to get civilians to fight alongside Gct to overthrow Ikaros in the whole country (Krasnovo was stated as the heart of the Ikaros involment, so if we could defeat Ikaros the whole country would do it also.) We estimated that NGF reserves would be around 1-2 million fighters, number based on conscription and population.

At first we needed to get the NGF weapons and gain trust of the civilians. Para infantry (Thank you Lagi) got us the weapons (and thank Freno for the code) while me, some Para inf. Israeli guys (Bar specially!) and Sasha Keea/Flower Girl talked to Hassam/Hamman (sorry forgot your ingame name) about the operation and plans where to give the weapons. We set up a meeting near main safe at saturday 4am. Meanwhile rest of Rangers prepared to delay enemy movement on three different doorsteps, one between the Krasnovo and Ikaros base, other at the main road leaving from Ikaros base and at the road leading to village from the big offgame road. Idea was to together separately with same battleplan.

On 2am detachment of finnish Rangers left to meeting with weapons, we got a lift from the Alamo guys. At the meeting point I met Hamman, Freno, and the Sons Of The Matriarch. We hid the weapons just outside village and waited for dawn. We also prepared to evacuate the village if needed, by the command ”Axios” All Rangers were to cover civilian runaway towards the GCT base and safety. After Axios we were to shout the safest direction to run, for eple: ”Axios north!” Before 9pm rest of the finnish Rangers arrived and started to prepare doorstep number three and one. Golf and Foxtrot detachment did the same at doorstep number two. Precisely at 9am weapons crate was handed to Berget-Events and ta-daa, civilians got their NGF guns from the big shipping container.

Arming of the civilians went good and starting from 9am small number of Rangers (at start three, more by the day, 14 at the tops) started alongside civilians to take the Krasnovo. Civilians didn't go head to head with the enemy. We held pretty much 50-70% of the village from 9am to 12:15-30pm but the main GCT force arrived too late. Before that there were only 14 Rangers with the civilians against Ikaros. After main GCT forces arrived between 12pm and 13pm most of the village was lost and many civilians dead. After scene was too hot evacuate, and I am deeply sorry for not getting the civilians out there. Anyways, the fight was very good! Operation went great at the start but the mainforce arrived too late to have hoped effect. Rangers at doorstep two delayed the enemy greatly. For me this was best part of the game as now for the first time we really got good performance out of the Ranger force. I'll go into details about problems in the first part of our game in a separate wall of text.

Thank you to civilians who helped us to fight for you!
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 07 Jul 2015, 21:15

Two great moment for me was...

1. Having one of the teams play Wagners Ride of the Valkyries as we got dropped in on our first Para Op.

2. Joining three of the Para platoons along with a "special team' clean the town out on the Thursday night under the cover of the GCT attack on the Ikaras base. We went in, got we we went in for, and managed to only lose 7 guys during the firefight. A well executed Op, and a job well done :D

Back to base in time for tea and biscuits and a fooking great big sausage on the the barbecue. You can't beat a big sausage on Thursday....it was "Man Love Thursday" after all! :o

:team:
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 07 Jul 2015, 22:04

My favourite moment was probably the haphazard, but successful, extraction of General Ford from the village clusterfuck Friday evening.

We were standing out the back of the police station when shots started ringing. After a while of staying pinned down, I went inside and found a bunch of guys with their thumbs up their arses standing in the dark because they had blocked the ticket booth with a box.
I moved aside to ask a guy in the street 'Is it safe to cross?'. The guy runs across the road and back unscathed, so he gives me a thumbs up. I then proceed to remove the box from the window sill and climb through, check the safety myself and then go back, shouting to Ford and my men to crawl through the window as well.

Once outside, we start taking fire (presumably the enemy wasn't sitting still either) and we were lucky a few Belgian Iltis jeeps were at the scene. We loaded the general up and drove off under heavy fire and the cover of the two jeeps.
I mean, we hauled ass. We hauled ass like we never hauled ass before!
It was almost like we could feel the sounds of pursuing GCT quads in our bones. But we managed to reach our base without incident. Not our HQ, our base.

Because some fucktard was denying us entry into our own damn base!
I understand the need to follow protocol 'n all that shite, but denying a 5-star general access to his very own base after he had just been extracted under heavy fire, AND keeping him at gunpoint? Never expected to have a mexican standoff with my own base defense.

All in all, it was a successful action, one that I will remember for a long time. :mrgreen:
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 07 Jul 2015, 22:14

haha great story vinni :)
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 07 Jul 2015, 23:07

Ford liked the fact that his own men were keeping him at gun point just a biiiit too much :P

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 08 Jul 2015, 09:43

vinni wrote:Ford liked the fact that his own men were keeping him at gun point just a biiiit too much :P
And you need to keep your head down!
We were protecting Ford with 5 people by keeping him in the middle.
Vinni in the second Iltis, well just standing up ,like a real (little) badass, holding the LMG mounted gun.
Oh, Iltis jeeps have no cover on the side :)

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 08 Jul 2015, 11:10

C'mon, every officer wants a 'General Patton' moment :P

BravoJake
Newbee
Newbee

Post by BravoJake » 08 Jul 2015, 11:50

I was also there, and this was one of my greatest moments too!

the 2 Iltis jeeps were driving a little too fast so me and a couple other Cerberus guys didn't really had the chance to board them. So we ran behind them.

That was f*ckin' intense!
B13 - Cerberus 1st plt, 4th sqd
B14 - ...

Snowman
Private
Private

Post by Snowman » 09 Jul 2015, 16:10

This I must comment on :)

I was the commanding officer on the roadblock in question. This incident with the roadblock was a intense moment.
The look of hatred in my command officer and generals eyes when we discovered their identity. Always fun to be taken to the side by your general and get to recive a stern reprimand for stopping their car.

Next time, my guys will be even harder :)
Play hard, have fun and remember it's only a game :)

B13: Ikaros Minerva CoyCom 4th coy
B14: Upir Security HQ Base officer
B15: Upir Security solutions inc. Inf.

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 09 Jul 2015, 20:59

wormbyte wrote:Two great moment for me was...

1. Having one of the teams play Wagners Ride of the Valkyries as we got dropped in on our first Para Op.

:wink:

Much obliged to have created that moment for you chief, you were a solid company comander throughout
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 09 Jul 2015, 23:04

HerrNilson wrote:
wormbyte wrote:Two great moment for me was...

:wink:

Much obliged to have created that moment for you chief, you were a solid company comander throughout
The lads from 1st platoon were happy to interrupt that as well.
It's after all 'their song' :mrgreen:

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 10 Jul 2015, 07:40

My finns always sing Jodan Viina when we attack...love it!
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

Dolnage
Private
Private

Post by Dolnage » 10 Jul 2015, 09:38

On the last day at the attack against Krasnovo I told some four Ikaros side teammates to shoot at the enemy that was pinning us down. All they did was sit on their asses and took hits from incoming fire without even firing back at the enemy. Oh, one guy shot a couple of rounds with semi auto.

I tried to explain that in war you sometimes have to shoot at people. You don't have to hit them if you don't like it. Just shoot.

Then I demonstrated how you use your gun. I shot a couple of enemies, just in case if my teammates didn't know how to do it.

I asked why they weren't shooting. The answer was:

"I'm French"

:mrgreen:

Dexmann
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Dexmann » 10 Jul 2015, 09:40

Dolnage wrote:On the last day at the attack against Krasnovo I told some four Ikaros side teammates to shoot at the enemy that was pinning us down. All they did was sit on their asses and took hits from incoming fire without even firing back at the enemy. Oh, one guy shot a couple of rounds with semi auto.

I tried to explain that in war you sometimes have to shoot at people. You don't have to hit them if you don't like it. Just shoot.

Then I demonstrated how you use your gun. I shot a couple of enemies, just in case if my teammates didn't know how to do it.

I asked why they weren't shooting. The answer was:

"I'm French"

:mrgreen:
:D
Berget 8 - 1st Poldavian Infantry Battalion 1st Coy, Kettu-4
Berget 9 - The Firm
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard Infantry.
Berget 11 - At home with family (and one year old son)
Berget 12 - Ravens
Berget 13 - Ikaros Corporation