info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

k3nn3th
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: Your best Berget 14 moment!

Post by k3nn3th » 04 Jul 2016, 20:51

My best moment was the base attack against UPIR base.
Drive and die :D :tank:
B 14 - NAF Mech
B 17 - GFM Mech (Balder)

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 05 Jul 2016, 13:29

Probably the moment when I realised my HQ had a slide leading almost perfectly into it.

Yeah, we had an unconventional headquarters :p
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 05 Jul 2016, 13:52

Being told that a civilian got grilled for not being harsh with me on the phone when he was reporting three civilian deaths by NAF personnel. When asked why he did not give me a hard time he response was....."but I couldn't, he was too nice and polite".

The interrogation of the mayor (the second one). Oh boy he got some verbal abuse from at full volume. I even had chairs flying across the room at one point. He role played it very well. After I walked out one of my guys said "well I think he sh*t himself, I know I did!".... lol

Operation Fathom. Those involved know what I am talking about. A well planned joint operation, perfectly executed, and with no casualties. My boys made me a very proud CO.

Seeing the fighting spirit in the faces of the NAF every day.

They are the main ones, but there were many more.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

FatMax
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by FatMax » 05 Jul 2016, 15:04

The walk we did to capture point 8 on Friday followed by a almost successful attack on the red fort right after was very fun.

Operation Fathom. It shouldn't be possible to plan down to minute details in Airsoft but it worked flawlessly. The information flow and collaboration was just beautiful to observe. Proud to have been there.

3rd troop in NAF mechanised. You were a joy to play with!

Fly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fly » 05 Jul 2016, 20:35

Being ordered to bed on friday at 1800.
Woke up at 1820 due to a firefight next to my tent.
Stepped out of the tent and had a NAF soldier running around about 15 meters away.
Another NAF soldier about 30 meters away on top of the ridge.
Two easy kills, even when I just woke up.
Berget 12 - UNISEC DM/Sniper
Berget 13 - CERBERUS RECON & SABOTAGE
Berget 14 - UPIR Shadows (HQ security)
Berget 15 - UPIR Shadows ( cancelled due to personal reasons )
Opa, the combat machine

NumbNuts
Private
Private

Post by NumbNuts » 05 Jul 2016, 22:43

Walking into crossfire, bandaging a fellow civilian and walking out alive. Much fun.

Every time I wandered in the woods and ran into some soldiers whose expression was always pretty much "dafuq?"

Every time I found a ingame flower bush in the middle of no where and thought"who went with the trouble to get these here"

Socializing with both NAF and UPIR command.
B14: Peter Fellman - UN Biologist aka the wandering doctor

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 06 Jul 2016, 08:58

A lot of good moments, but the one that i will remember as the best is this one.

After a long mission (16hours) we came back to base on thursdaynoon for some rest. HQ gave us a small mission to capture CP9, we got shot and back to base. We now thought we could have some rest. But no, somebody from HQ came to us. Are you the belgian guys? Vinni needs you. I went to HQ to ask what was going on.

Vinni had a mission for us, a small one. There will be a parachute drop at CP9 go get it and bring it back. There will be transport to the start at the path up to CP9. The drop will be happening in 30minutes. We geared up as fast as we could. Talked to the transport and got everything sorted out. RSA secured the road and then drove back to get us.

We walked up the path to CP9 to start looking for the drop. We searched and searched, but no parachute drop to be found. We called to HQ, "The drop is still there", they said. So we searched again. But no drop.

We called HQ again. Are you sure about the coordinates, apperently they were not. We ran down the path back to the road because these where the new coordinates they gave us. But again, No drop.

We called HQ again. Then they send us a picture of the map, with the drop still on it.
And yes, it was on top op Spectaberget, so we ran up again to secure the drop.At this point the only thing that mattered was us getting these crates before NAF did. With 2 people we ran up, the rest secured the way down. After some searching we finnaly found the crates, so we speedwalked down, asked help on the radio to carry the crates.

We got by the cars and put the crates in the car. But then there was no room to fit us all, So 2 people ran, from that point to the main road to secure the vehicules. At the road the RSA pick up, picked us up so we drove back to base. Mission succes ... or not ...

Driving on the main road to base, there were people on the road, we got of the vehicules and they start shooting at us. We shouted RED RED RED, and got an other load of bb's at us. Shouting again, REEEEEEED!!
They stopped shooting and said sorry about the misunderstanding. Back in the vehicules and to base. Maybe 100m up the road, PIEWPIEWPIEWPIEW, our first car got hit, everybody out of the car and shoot those guys. Flanking in the woods to find them. Till we got the order to get back on the road. Yes, some REDs shot down the vehicule. We tranfered the cases to one car and left some guys to repair the vehicule. Those cases were the first priority.

Driving to the gate, some bleu mechanised was standing at the gate ready to roll in.
We shouted BLUE's AT THE GATE! we jumped out of the vehicule start hitting the vehicules with my BAVS. Start flanking on the right side to secure the road. There was one guard left next to the road, so asked him is it secure to enter the base. With some hesitation, he said yes. I start running because i knew some mechanised entered the base. So i could check the road and try to clear it. There were bleu forces everywhere, specially in the woods by the kiosk. I shouted to every person i saw that the car that was coming in has a high priorty object on board and it needed to be protected. A lot of reds, got arround the car to secure it. We drove trough, broke trough the bleus and got on a parallel level to the HQ. Still under fire, we took the crates out of the RSA pickup. Thanks for the other vehicule to cover us.

I was carrying the medical crate by my self, and start shouting for help because it was a long way to HQ and the fucker was heavy. Thank god, somebody took the other handle and we started running to HQ.

We got arround our fortified mountain next to HQ, Running in to HQ and delivering it to HQ.

In the crates, there was one AT4 and one field hospital. :)

I was beat, thanks for giving me some water in HQ. A few minutes later i got back on my feet and started to help defending the HQ. It was arround 00u30. We just walked arrouna bit to shake it off, before we got to bed at, because we had to be up at 0600 again.

I just hate the part that my battery of my camera died when we started rolling in and saw the bleu mechanised at the gate.

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 06 Jul 2016, 22:13

NumbNuts wrote: Every time I found a ingame flower bush in the middle of no where and thought"who went with the trouble to get these here"
Hahaha :D I did! Took me 6 Hours with a bike that I dragged through the woods and over all the rocks on the tracks.....
Can say was both drained and silently cursing myself when I got back..... ''Why did you drag the bike up the mountain? You should have known you couldn´t ride it back down!''. ''Why did you walk into a ******* swamp you stupid idiot'' (All wet and muddy, glad i was wearing sandals and shorts. :D Hope whoever picked those loved that swamp as much as I did :P
Got quite a few scratches on my legs walking through all the bushes aswell. The powerline where the tulips were was a hell....
I did choose somewhat easy positions for the flowers, Most of them next to tracks. No one seemed to have picked the Blood Lilies though (Hidden in woods).
Some flowers were supposed to be alot further into NAF territory but well..... Lets just say I just tossed them in at a more convenient location (For me ofc).
Perhaps next year I'll have to do it again! And I would gladly do it :)
B12: Border Police - Lonely Medic/Spy.
B13: Hades Police - Dr. Black.
B14: UPIR - Dr. Black and Reaper.
B15: UPIR Psy-Ops - Prison Warden.
B16: NAF CIU - Commander.
B17: TFC MP - Commander.
B18: Cult Of Crows.

NumbNuts
Private
Private

Post by NumbNuts » 06 Jul 2016, 22:22

Jack Scarecrow wrote: I did choose somewhat easy positions for the flowers, Most of them next to tracks. No one seemed to have picked the Blood Lilies though (Hidden in woods).
I found and picked up 9 different kinds. Blood Lilies I did not stumble upon.
B14: Peter Fellman - UN Biologist aka the wandering doctor

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 06 Jul 2016, 22:39

There were 11 different kinds in total. And yes all Blood lillies were recollected after the game. Those were the hard to find ones, even though their size and colour was supposed to help them be spotted even when out in the woods.
Twin arrows were the hardest to find I think, Small, Hidden. Not sure if any got found.
Alp Lillies were where you could expect them, up on the mountain:)
It got alot of possitive feedback from people :) So probably should be something to concider for next year.
Even NAF had tracked them down and marked out where they were, which they got use for later in the game.
Unfortunely alot flowers got left out there as I did not have time to gather them back. But I can easily get new ones and do the work required to put them into game again. Even though it takes my own money, time and effort.

Kristoffer Robot

Post by Kristoffer Robot » 07 Jul 2016, 19:48

Probably the best moment was when some in golf platoon sat around a fireplace looking around at the mess we made... One guy opend his mouth only to say "Hey.... Perhaps we should clea-" suddenly "CONTACT!" from another direction and we dived to the ground and grabbed our guns. After that attack was done from our base we returned to the fire and sat down and the guy opend his mouth again... "Ok.. As I was saying, perhaps we should clea-" "CONTACT!!!" Again... repeat and then return to the fire... from that night the word 'clean' was banned around the base.....
Berget-14 UPIR infantry
Berget-15 UPIR infantry

k3nn3th
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by k3nn3th » 07 Jul 2016, 21:43

Another funny moment was when one in my team scream "test fire" and shot in to the woods. And suddenly the forrest is shooting back :D So aften that maybe we should have done regular test fire to the woods.
B 14 - NAF Mech
B 17 - GFM Mech (Balder)

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 07 Jul 2016, 22:26

I would say the most fun moment for me was when Dr. Black had just went around the UPIR base and was about to return to his tent, My bodyguard Aksel was sitting in a chair with his back to the road, listening to music in his headphones...... And then NAF mech rolls in 10 meters behind him.... :D I start yelling and he just lift one side of his headphones and goes ''What?''.
To which I scream a reply ''Enemies are right behiiiiinnd youuuu''. He goes ''oh shit'' as he turns his head and I dash up into the treelines away from the enemy.
I'll never forget that sight.....
Also fun when we were hanging out at camp with some prisoners, chatting around when suddenly we hear my bodyguard say ''ops'' as he accidently dropped his grenade..... The reactions were quick as we ran and threw ourselves away from it :D The blue prisoner even helped me to safety.... Lucky enough the grenade did not go off or we would all been dead:)
Sitting in the house of my bandit friends, full of NAF troops outside. I ask loudly ''Does anyone have a grenade?''. Some NAFs look up and I dodge down from the window. Can´t take a joke now can ya :P
https://s32.postimg.org/g07viiv45/2016_07_01_266.jpg

Maja was screaming outside the door for us to surrender.... I aim down my pistol at her head through a large crack in the wall concidering my options for a moment.... Then I just go ''Naaah, Not this time....'' and put my pistol away again:) I know she would be saved right away anyways, but I wouldn´t shot her like that... Maybe next time :wink:

Smuts
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Smuts » 08 Jul 2016, 14:36

I'd say my favorite moment was Friday afternoon/evening just before the rain started pouring down.

Wall of text follows!

Our "rogue" group had decided to venture into the town since we had reports about NAF-forces being in the town/general area.
We came in from the west/northwest and almost immediately encountered a small group of NAF soldiers who were gunned down, since they didn't see us coming.
Being the good guy that i am and they had a long walk back to their respawn i decided to knife-kill them all and send them on their way.
We continued moving towards the town from the west/northwest and when we hear several LMG's combined with cars driving on the road and we decided to hold back a bit and evaluate the situation.
After splitting up into smaller groups we advance upon the vehicles, one sniper took out the gunner in one of the cars which had been abandoned.

At this point we also took sporadic fire from the red container roof at the "parking area" north of town.
Two NAF soldiers were shot by our snipers and a call went out on the radio that the roof was clear, so we advanced.
A bad move it would appear. since mere moments afterwards we took fire yet again from the roof. A third NAF down and one of ours. Medics arrived and dragged our wounded so they could be properly taken care of.

BAM, medic down. More people on the roof. How many can there actually be up there? i thought to myself, and us being in a very bad spot from a defensive perspective since we had reports from our rear LMG squad that NAF soldiers were moving on our location.
At this point i took it upon myself to rush the container roof to check the situation and see exactly how many people were up there. I had gotten sick of the "roof is clear" calls on the radio.

So i dropp my rifle and pull up my trusted sidearm and run into the container. And just before i take the final step upon the roof i whisper into the radio to my squad mates to hold their fire on the roof.
Up i go, and on the roof is not one, not two, not three. but SIX people, including one medic. I shoot the ones that are still alive from the angle i had, and then stepped up and knife'd the wounded so that the roof would actually be cleared.

Adrenaline rushing through my body after that 'operator as --- SPAM !!! ---' moment, we continued into the town from the northeast. Suddenly we take fire from one of the bars(the one with the open upper floor). We get information that it was NAF shooting at us, So the rear LMG squad get into position to pin them down while we start clearing the buildings around us.
First building empty, so we continue towards the bar from where we had taken fire. A standoff occur, we are unsure on how many people are actually inside, if they are NAF or civilian. We decide to play it safe and shoot at everything.
(http://tammvalley.com/?p=324).

Grenades were tossed into the building to no avail. Since we didn't have enough people at that specific moment and all the other squads were spread out across the town doing other things(like putting the police chief and his deputies in jail so we could clear out WTF was actually going on in the town, taking the police's bribe-money and drugs and other stuff)
Eventually we reach critical mass for a proper clearing of the bar, so we stack up and rush the bar. Killing all the people inside(woops). I get wounded and required a medic, so i get patched up and then move myself to the hospital for a quick heal(we had enough cash to cover the entire UPIR base at that point).

Just as i exit the hospital after my 10min break and some friendly talks with the civilians in there about events happening last year in the same bar, a higher up LARP individual comes up to us asking where our leader is.
The platoon leader steps up and apparently the guy had been robbed in the biker bar while trying to spread some goodwill towards the inhabitants of tamm valley due to previous UPIR infantry shenanigans, and he wanted his money back.

After recalling everyone from their defensive positions we laid out plans in the middle of the town.
We ordered the LMG squad to take defensive position on the bar roof for a good field of fire.
While we were getting organised the bikers noticed that something was going on and started arming themselfs.
We marched up to the bar under the guise of "just wanting to talk and getting the money back".
Our plutoon commander goes into the bar alone and shouting and shooting occurs, we force and disarm every single biker. It turned out it was a single NAF soldier coming in from the east and decided to take a shot at one of our guys thinking he was alone. Sadly for the NAF soldier he got sprayed by four LMG's so he was subsequently out of the picture.

After that little snafu everyone was a little on edge and since the bikers refused to leave the bar we ordered the LMG's to open fire into the bar(They should have listened). after about a minute of fire everyone inside is hit and we go in and take back what is ours.

All while this is happening a second mission comes our way, this time in the form of a NAF soldier "being sick of not being trusted by her own command and that she had been sold out by some of the bikers and are looking for spike but needs help finding him" in return for us helping her, she promised to give us alot of intel on the NAF forces.
So suddenly we need the help of the bikers and civilians that we mere moments earlier were shooting at(ain't war complicated?)
There was a lot of tension, but all the civilians took it in good spirit, (they shot first after all! ;))

Unfortunately we didn't find spike, but we found some other bikers that she was looking for that also had sold her out.
She opted not to execute them but told us to do what we wished with them. And since we can't have people we can't trust running around. We opted for execution. (We were kind enough to not shoot directly at them since that would just be rude)

Eventually we extract from the village and return home to base with all the money, drugs and other things we confiscated.

All in all, This years berget was way more fun than last years. The teams was more even, more fights and more things happening in general. Although NAF should probably learn that minefields usually starts at the sign of the minefield and not "two meters in" ;)

My thanks goes out to the Civilians and the lone NAF soldier brave enough to take his shot and everyone involved in making this years Berget!