GENERAL FEEDBACK

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 14
Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: GENERAL FEEDBACK

Post by Klings » 09 Jul 2016, 23:52

Stavros wrote:Well, you did organise missions, with your own teamates and buddies and ultimately left nothing but breadcrumbs for the rest of us. SHAME ON YOU! Dont accept responsibility if you can't handle it!!!!
Thank you. There has only been one unit what has come forward saying mech command was bad. I talked to platoon commanders, gave missions, and used most of my time trying to keep in contact with them. 4th had their missions, and i did not bother with individual teams and their daily life. Yes i talked to my friends, but since we shared tents it came natural. I belive "my friends" spent most time in camp waiting for missions, since i knew they would be able to handle the waiting ascpect of milsim. Your team leader should have talked to your platoon commander.

Next year, you should be the commander for mech. Since you know how to best do it :D
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 10 Jul 2016, 00:28

So basically the deal between blue helping Dr. Black was made when Dr. Black was in prison (and when the player playing the character was offgame I had the piece of paper representing Dr. Black with me all time) and no one really actually contacted the Dr. Black. As I was the one responsible for visits to Dr. Black and I was not going to let even Wormbyte to see Dr. Black, as I wanted to control the information until it was very late into game when I let people see her (late into saturday). That's for me a pretty clear violation of rules, and atleast violation of good sportmanship.

For me all this is a clear sign that LARP has gone too far in the fighting sides of Berget games and I am most happy I executed Dr. Black character. Dangerous (ingame) people are not to be kept around.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

flix
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by flix » 10 Jul 2016, 02:18

Still think the NAF (blue) side should think a bit more about calling "off game" so often. A vital point that ruins fun for alot of players. Off game/cease fire is for live injuries.

Also: to GM:s. Wednesday night we had a viable plan to poison the NAF water supply with drugs supplied from the Biker gang in the town. It's a shame that you didn't let us do it. BE Crew apparently doesn't support LARPing. Too much scripted "game"/larp.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 10 Jul 2016, 04:54

regarding the double healing.. Interesting to hear it was from some LARP event, would have been nice to know that when we got the info.

In the field it went like this:
"from now on you can be healed by medic twice instead of once"
"really? cool. BE must be thinking of making the fights a bit longer, and the walks shorter. good for them. I assume it's the same for reds?"
'NO,just blue"
"oh shit, so they're kicking our ass so bad BE feels we need unfair advantage? that sucks"
.. morale plummets.

I fully support BE decision to reduce LARP-ing to LARP areas and some other small things. While some of our best memories of missions from Berget were from LARP missions (going undercover as Psyops, HVIU etc), it was also some of our worst, with everyone being some double agent and having some sort of secret objective, which basically meant noone was able to LARP in good faith as it was a given that they will double cross you somehow.

Berget Crew, I have been suggesting this for years now. It might be a touch difficult with so much you guys have to do, but i think it will add alot to immersion for the average player. Make a small bulletin board next to each HQ, where you post a few words about what has happened during the day ( in-game, LARP style).. like a newspaper. So players that are interested about what is happening, can go read stuff. It takes a printer and 30 minutes. doesn't need to be much.. but it could mean alot to many. please consider it. You put so much into building a story, and then maybe 10% of the people know 50% of what happpened. the rest less than 10%. I had no ideea ( still don't.. who Dr Black was for example).

About the killing of NAF CO by blue.. meh. You should resolve frustration by speaking with Berget Events or with the person "offgame". If that doesn't work, then go do your own thing, but only AFTER you try to get it fixed. There are mentally unstable people in the real world, so I guess you have roleplayed that very well, but is that the kind of player you want to be?
It;s easy to have fun at Berget.. follow one simple rule: "take your hits and shoot until orange".
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Helvetica » 10 Jul 2016, 07:54

This was my 3rd Berget, and it was awesome. In a different way, the others were, but still awesome.

Pros
- Our HQ did a really good work!! At Gamestart, we (Echo1) were informed, about our timetable for base-defence! What a good Thing! Fact is, base-defence has to be done, and usually it is done with the Players, who are in base, not playing. This year we had to defend the FAD AND the base, so i think ist ok to use your companys for the defence. Since we knew the times for base-defence, we could plan our other activities around them!

- Leadership: Our companyleader tried to keep us up to all informations as good as possible! N1 Work Paul and friends! Was cool to see, how it works with real leaderpositions (compared to last year, where there was made nothing at the GCT INF)

- Toilets and showers were good and clean!

- Longer opening time for the Kiosk!

- teambalance was quite good!

- fun with reds, while playing! We had a good time, f.e. if we cought some guys in the woods, hunted them down, after that, they werent pissed or anything! And in my Point of view, there were very few cheaters this year!

- Civilians and Town: Good Job guys! Always a pleasure to see, what you set up!

- Härnösand: I like the area, but i would not be sad, if there was something new the next year!

- Weather: We just had reeeally luck with the weather! Like that

Cons:

- The way, BE tried to Balance the Teams; If you want to work with amounts of tickets for each side, dont make them too low in the beginning and then tell Player to book on other side and ask for switching... Was very confusing and not really helpfull

- Setting up new rules is ok! But not so short before the game!! And im not talking about some ingame rules, but about the rules, which require some Action of the Players (f.e. HPA Regulator)

- Chroning was awful and took much too Long

- there were "rules" about to bring weird stuff to the check-in and chrono Station, such as our eye-protection, BB-examples, the deathrag and so on... the only communication was a Piece of paper, hanging at the chrono-station... and some of us went back to base, to get the stuff, but nobody cared about that...

- You said, you will provide an amount of HPA Regulators, for those who cant bring an own... good move.. But 27 euros for this Piece of plasticshit? I could have brougth an orange Piece of plastic too and then fix it to my HPA, no Problem... but you Charge a whole bunch of Money, for a Piece of plastic which broke (in my case) before the gamestart. I fixed it with ductape and hoped, nobody would check it, because some of your crewmembers were a bit overreacting about small things this year (mostly did a good Job, but dont take small things too serious, its a game and we all want to have fun)

- If there are any specific rules for a base (for example marked territory, where we can walk around, but are not allowed to take Wood from ) inform the Players, by placing These informations somewhere (tape it to the BE-Tents or whatever) We first thought, that those are minefields.

- improve your Kiosk-items, time for a good grill. It is crazy, how Long it took to get a burger, even if there were not that many guys waiting. And please, accept coins and Money you use to Hand to us (if you dont want to use coins, make Prices, which do not require coins) About the notes, if you Hand them to us, please accept them back!

Lets move to the ingame-thing:

- Information about the things, Happening during game. For some Players, its a Need to see, whats going on in field. Like somebody just told before, use a flipchart to tell the Players, what happened OR at least, summond it at the Beerparty. It will take 5 Minutes and we all have an idea, how the game went and who "won". For some its important, and some Players will wait for the funny stories (like me) which are more important for them.

- roadsystem: I liked tha fact, that in the beginning, most roads were closed. but we should have had a Chance to clear them, because i think for mechs, this sucked... there werent that much roads available and they just could drive from base to town to other base...

- Spawning: it should be in the rules, how it will be possible to spawn at the CPs (how much you have to control) because on our map, it wasnt clear, which CPs are in the same area... And there should be a way, to inform Players at the CP, if they can spawn or not.

- I think, the 2 hours, UPIR could send some troops into field, before our gamestart, were too much. Its ok, that they can send some earlier, but not that Long. And they should not be able to send troops just infront of the enemys base.

- last day: why has there to be the "big fight" just at the town? why not in another area, which will be easier and will bring more Action at the last day? At the last day, most Players want to have a big fight, and not sitting behind houses, pinned down by a few mgs.

- some of the red Players, shitting in the woods, near their base. I havent seen such a Thing at the blue base but if it happened also, but JUST DONT DO IT!

- Alcohol consume... I dont mind, if some guys drink one or two beers after a hard day of airsoft (even if its against the rules) but some guys were drunk like hell (puked, couldnt even walk)... this is not cool!!

I think the Organisation of our commanders (NAF) was good this year and I have not seen a case, where they gave away "cool missions" to their friends and left crap to the others. We had some missions (usuall stuff, like take this CP, take another CP, defend CP xy) and we had kind of bad luck. We almost had never contact with the reds. Or when there was contact (when we were on basedefence) it was always on the opposite side of the place we were :-( But it wasnt a Problem for us, we did our Job and in our "free time" we went out to look for contact. I cant understand, how Players can complain about their gameplay... Berget is, what you make it. If you dont like the way, the commander works, try to talk to the HQ offgame. If this does not work, just set up your own Thing, or work together with another Company/platoon.

To the civilians: As I said, good Job! But keep in mind, that there are some Players, who are not into LARPing, OR who are not used to LARP but try their best. Try to help the guys, who try to LARP their first time, instead of do your cool hardcoreLARP and scare them away :-) (did not happend that often, but i saw it sometimes)

To the baseatacks: I like them. Keep in mind, Berget isnt a Milsim-Event and there are a lot of Players, just looking for Airsoft-action. These attacks are a good way, to get easy Action and i think at Berget, there will always be Players who wont follow the Story and just have fun! But please, DO NOT, NEVER, EVER, go into tents to wake sleeping guys up and "kill" them... Let those tired guys sleep!! In a big basefight (like BE 12, the Borderpatrol) where during the Day all Players are up, no Problem to "search" tents... But in a big Base like this year, there are always guys resting. If you want to do cool stuff, go inside without a weapon (or just safe it) and place some Cards on the sleeping Players with text like "you have been killed during sleep" of something. Be creative, no Need to take those guys sleep!

Beerparty: Like mentioned before, give a small resume at the End, just for Players who want to know the whole Story and what happened.

To get to an end:

Berget: Information, Information, Information (and dont mess up the booking System). The rest was (most times) good!!

Players: Dont bitch around, do your best and make your game!!

HQ: Continue your good work!

To all: Does somebody have filmed the funny Storys at the beerparty? I messed it up from the beginning to the pizza-Story.

Echo1 Patrick, over and out
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 10 Jul 2016, 10:03

flix wrote:Still think the NAF (blue) side should think a bit more about calling "off game" so often. A vital point that ruins fun for alot of players. Off game/cease fire is for live injuries.
I have on video UPIR doing this as well, i do not think it's something to shame the NAF for. But i agree that it is a bad thing to do.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 10 Jul 2016, 11:15

Rhyn0 wrote:regarding the double healing.. Interesting to hear it was from some LARP event, would have been nice to know that when we got the info.

In the field it went like this:
"from now on you can be healed by medic twice instead of once"
"really? cool. BE must be thinking of making the fights a bit longer, and the walks shorter. good for them. I assume it's the same for reds?"
'NO,just blue"
"oh shit, so they're kicking our ass so bad BE feels we need unfair advantage? that sucks"
.. morale plummets.

I fully support BE decision to reduce LARP-ing to LARP areas and some other small things. While some of our best memories of missions from Berget were from LARP missions (going undercover as Psyops, HVIU etc), it was also some of our worst, with everyone being some double agent and having some sort of secret objective, which basically meant noone was able to LARP in good faith as it was a given that they will double cross you somehow.

Berget Crew, I have been suggesting this for years now. It might be a touch difficult with so much you guys have to do, but i think it will add alot to immersion for the average player. Make a small bulletin board next to each HQ, where you post a few words about what has happened during the day ( in-game, LARP style).. like a newspaper. So players that are interested about what is happening, can go read stuff. It takes a printer and 30 minutes. doesn't need to be much.. but it could mean alot to many. please consider it. You put so much into building a story, and then maybe 10% of the people know 50% of what happpened. the rest less than 10%. I had no ideea ( still don't.. who Dr Black was for example).

About the killing of NAF CO by blue.. meh. You should resolve frustration by speaking with Berget Events or with the person "offgame". If that doesn't work, then go do your own thing, but only AFTER you try to get it fixed. There are mentally unstable people in the real world, so I guess you have roleplayed that very well, but is that the kind of player you want to be?
It;s easy to have fun at Berget.. follow one simple rule: "take your hits and shoot until orange".
Double healing was a reward from a mission NAF successfully completed, and not really a LARP Event ( Collecting Several medical Crates and bringing them back to HQ ),

Regarding your newspaper idea, it was active this year and ran by Civilian players ( http://tammvalley.com ), and its something i completely agree with.

We really listened to previous years feedback, and we did not have a single Undercover agent or anything of the sort this year , except for Blue and red having a person as Civilian ( Non hostile ), and everything that unfolded with blue on blue etc was 100% Player made , and not in any way done by BE, Including Dr Black which was just a normal red player. Every BE LARP Event that happened this year was including Civilians/Outlaws, ( For example Outlaws blowing up the doors to an old military building and finding an haubitz that they ended up selling to UPIR ).

Some people will want to bring LARP into play, but i agree as a personal opinion that one player should not be able to go rogue and shoot up their own HQ, and it would not have been approved if i had been asked, just as Poisoning all of NAF Water supply wasnt approved. But i also know that all HQ personel was quickly healed by medics, so it really wasnt game breaking in any way.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 10 Jul 2016, 11:28

Losolos wrote:im just writing my B14 summary .. so only a few words :)

completly agree with stavros .. when i compare last year red HQ with this year blue HQ its a gentlemens club for sure !

I told your great NAF Intel officer , who by the way had no savety glasses on 3 time when i meet him ( and i told him to put them on), take no care of every ingame content i talked to him .. completly fail !

We brought back medical supplies when red attack town and only two squads NAF left there... 4h later we got double healing because we had medical supplies !? only word we got .. put the chest there and move out of HQ !
Seriously?!

You were in the HQ for one or two brief moments and you think you have it all sussed? I made every effort to ensure we had people to listen to player issues, to keep noise and distractions down to minimum in order to ensure we could get planning complete and players back in the field. Base defence was organised in the fairest way possible. All in all, I think that it was the most organised blue HQ I have ever seen. Not because I was leading, but because we had enough people to cover HQ staff roles, we had a system to flow information through comms officers, intel officers and on to the people that made the decisions, and we had staff that put in 100% effort.

But you want to judge all that great effort negatively because you did not get a pat on the back for bringing back medic supplies? Besides which, we had already received three crates of medical supplies through para drops sometime shortly before.

Perhaps next year you need to be more involved with the HQ operation, because then you might realise that most staff was operating 20 hours a day, with a constant stream of information flowing in, constant challenges to resolve. It was totally intense at times, and very rarely did any of us get a break. I'm not looking for a medal, but players need to know that when they come in to HQ, then maybe the person you speak to has a dozen things they are dealing with at the same time, and they are not able to give you the attention you look for.

I think the guys in the HQ did an absolutely fantastic job. Especially as they are not actually trained in the roles they did, and it was the first time they all worked together in this capacity.

We also had two berget game controllers that were observing from within the HQ for most of the game. They too were delighted with the way the HQ was run.

Gentlemans club? I take insult to such a statement. I have lost count of the number of conversations I have had with top leadership players at Berget only to be disturbed by someone coming in to HQ and wanted to tell us something they felt was mega important. To them it probably was, but in the grand scheme of things the information might be trivial. But the biggest impact it had was to pro-long the decision making conversation that was happening at the time.

This is what I call major distractions in the HQ, which leads to longer than needed mission planning, and mistakes being made due to context switching between conversations. Longer than needed planning, along with potential mistakes will have a poor impact of potentially hundreds of players.

But my word to all of you, if you have something important to raise, on-game or off-game, then ask for someone to come out to speak to you. It is not the biggest HQ room, and its not long before it can get filled up with people. The acoustics are not great in the room as well, so two or three conversations at the same time, tends to generate a lot of noise in that room.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 10 Jul 2016, 12:27

M.Koho wrote:So basically the deal between blue helping Dr. Black was made when Dr. Black was in prison (and when the player playing the character was offgame I had the piece of paper representing Dr. Black with me all time) and no one really actually contacted the Dr. Black. As I was the one responsible for visits to Dr. Black and I was not going to let even Wormbyte to see Dr. Black, as I wanted to control the information until it was very late into game when I let people see her (late into saturday). That's for me a pretty clear violation of rules, and atleast violation of good sportmanship.

For me all this is a clear sign that LARP has gone too far in the fighting sides of Berget games and I am most happy I executed Dr. Black character. Dangerous (ingame) people are not to be kept around.
Well they were going to do it anyways, they just wanted to tell me about it. It was surely not a ''deal'' we made. They told me straight out ''we are going to do this''. They wanted to know when my ingame character was coming back in the morning.
It´s a game after all and not everything is going to be 100% realistic and the way we spoke to each other was in an offgame way. I got the messeges to prove it if you would like to take a look next BE. It was pretty much a chat about me being able to know who he was as I can´t remember faces. Once again they did not contact me in an ingame way, It was offgameish.
They would have gone ahead with their plans without telling me aswell. It wouldn´t have made any difference at all (Probably would been more fun for me though, had I not known).

And how about the rules you guys broke? Taking my deathrag and personal items away from me,
Putting zip ties so tight you could barely remove them (And if you failed to notice it, I was in quite a bit of pain when we had to go elsewhere to create antidote as your people kept pulling my wrists apart), Not providing me any means to take them off myself, Keeping me tied up in a building, Not respecting the full expect of me asking for something offgame.
These things are also against the rules, but in larping some rules are a bit ok to bend.
It made it alot more fun, and I did trust you guys enough to pull me out of there in case of a fire breaking out.
Not respecting offgame request was a bit bad though.... If I ask to do something offgame I expect an ''of course'' and not a ''maybe'' and have to ask again in 10 minutes. And treatening to do something I had called offgame for you guys not to do was also mean. But still, It was OK as you didn´t actually do it :)
Sending a guard to follow and guard me while I walked offgame was also totaly ok, Even if it felt a bit weird that you would feel the need to guard someone using ''ghostmode'' as I would have to return back to the cell before I became ingame again.
Oh and should I mention the clearly marked ''Do not take'' box that was padlocked and chained to a tree? And how you guys cut the chain, brought the box to your base, opened it somehow, checked it tru, fixed it and then put it back where you found it. Yes I am mad about that, but I am also telling myself ''no real harm done''. Other than getting one of my chains ruined and I'll have to buy a new one.

Anyways I'm sorry if our behaviour made you get grumpy and displeased. But the attacks on you and your HQ was not made by me, so please do not put the blame on me. It was not my job to tell Losolos NOT to go ahead with his plan. He wanted to play his way, I let him.
Overall I still had great fun. If you didn´t, Maybe you should have let someone else take over.
I really though we were on good terms after the game, discussing about adding each other on facebook (Or well, whoever it was I was talking to), discussing next berget and everything. I guess I was wrong.

Perhaps BE should simply make Commanders immune from getting killed by friendly units, Would solve alot of problems. Commanders would feel safer, not have to be scared or defensive, Not have to push own units away from HQ.
Might make the game better overall with a HQ that knows they aren´t in risk of getting backstabbed by their own soldiers.
Last edited by Jack Scarecrow on 10 Jul 2016, 14:57, edited 5 times in total.
B12: Border Police - Lonely Medic/Spy.
B13: Hades Police - Dr. Black.
B14: UPIR - Dr. Black and Reaper.
B15: UPIR Psy-Ops - Prison Warden.
B16: NAF CIU - Commander.
B17: TFC MP - Commander.
B18: Cult Of Crows.

Mirana091
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Mirana091 » 10 Jul 2016, 13:19

grasulas wrote:The same goes for that Blue player who owned the car used to infiltrate our base, you find it funny to agree for the enemy to use you`r car and shoot us, how about if next time if I find you in my base I go rogue and shoot you every single time I see you, just for shit and giggles, is allowed by the rules, and you will have to take the hits because of the rules.
I don't understand how you can be so mad at a thing like that. It's not agents the rules or anything and I would had loved to see it happen. But sadly I was in another car being driven back to base after being killed by the very same people who kidnapped the driver and stole the car. So I missed the whole thing :( But at the same time I was running round the base being drugged by an unknown drug who was making me shoot/knifekill my own people. I had 2nd Mech pluton "running" scared. I had a ton of fun. Even tho i got interrogated a few times and in the end i killed our pluton leader 30 mins before we were heading out for the final missing. I had a so much fun.

But I have to say this was my best Berget yet. I had so much fun and the teams were very balanced and I am already looking forward to next year. Tbh I have no bad things to say about this year sure there were some minor issue but it was nothing that was so big that is was game breaking. From Wednesday 21.00 to Saturday 15.00 I had a blast! Thanks for a hell of a game guys and gals!
B12 - Border Police
B13 - GCT Sappers
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 10 Jul 2016, 13:58

Mirana091 wrote: I don't understand how you can be so mad at a thing like that. It's not agents the rules or anything and I would had loved to see it happen. But sadly I was in another car being driven back to base after being killed by the very same people who kidnapped the driver and stole the car. So I missed the whole thing :( But at the same time I was running round the base being drugged by an unknown drug who was making me shoot/knifekill my own people. I had 2nd Mech pluton "running" scared. I had a ton of fun. Even tho i got interrogated a few times and in the end i killed our pluton leader 30 mins before we were heading out for the final missing. I had a so much fun.
Now THAT is messing up the game.... Running around shooting and knifekilling your own team randomly, killing your platoon com 30min before the end mission ruining his last moment of the game?
Why did they even let you keep running free when you were drugged?
Still sounds hillarious though :P For us who actually do larp. But perhaps running around knocking them out would been a bit nicer way to go about with it.

About the car thing I am not sure what to say about it but it sounds like a good idea, it´s withing the rules (as they had BE permission), it´s realistic. It brought some good action for the sides. But at the same time I can see that it´s slightly ''wrong'' as it made them go under the flag of the enemy team. Still seems OK to me though. Atleast as a one time thing.
Or else teams might start bavsing down friendly cars returning to base just to make sure they aren´t enemies...
And that would be bad.
Seems like some people in this thread just want a boring ''game'' where nothing happens other than taking over CPs.

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 10 Jul 2016, 14:56

Jack Scarecrow wrote:
M.Koho wrote:So basically the deal between blue helping Dr. Black was made when Dr. Black was in prison (and when the player playing the character was offgame I had the piece of paper representing Dr. Black with me all time) and no one really actually contacted the Dr. Black. As I was the one responsible for visits to Dr. Black and I was not going to let even Wormbyte to see Dr. Black, as I wanted to control the information until it was very late into game when I let people see her (late into saturday). That's for me a pretty clear violation of rules, and atleast violation of good sportmanship.

Well they were going to do it anyways, they just wanted to tell me about it. It was surely not a ''deal'' we made. They told me straight out ''we are going to do this''. They wanted to know when my ingame character was coming back in the morning.
It´s a game after all and not everything is going to be 100% realistic and the way we spoke to each other was in an offgame way. I got the messeges to prove it if you would like to take a look next BE. It was pretty much a chat about me being able to know who he was as I can´t remember faces. Once again they did not contact me in an ingame way, It was offgameish.
They would have gone ahead with their plans without telling me aswell. It wouldn´t have made any difference at all (Probably would been more fun for me though, had I not known).

And how about the rules you guys broke? Taking my deathrag and personal items away from me,
Putting zip ties so tight you could barely remove them (And if you failed to notice it, I was in quite a bit of pain when we had to go elsewhere to create antidote as your people kept pulling my wrists apart), Not providing me any means to take them off myself, Keeping me tied up in a building, Not respecting the full expect of me asking for something offgame.
These things are also against the rules, but in larping some rules are a bit ok to bend.
It made it alot more fun, and I did trust you guys enough to pull me out of there in case of a fire breaking out.
Not respecting offgame request was a bit bad though.... If I ask to do something offgame I expect an ''of course'' and not a ''maybe'' and have to ask again in 10 minutes. And treatening to do something I had called offgame for you guys not to do was also mean. But still, It was OK as you didn´t actually do it :)
Sending a guard to follow and guard me while I walked offgame was also totaly ok, Even if it felt a bit weird that you would feel the need to guard someone using ''ghostmode'' as I would have to return back to the cell before I became ingame again.
Oh and should I mention the clearly marked ''Do not take'' box that was padlocked and chained to a tree? And how you guys cut the chain, brought the box to your base, opened it somehow, checked it tru, fixed it and then put it back where you found it. Yes I am mad about that, but I am also telling myself ''no real harm done''. Other than getting one of my chains ruined and I'll have to buy a new one.

If no ingame value was transferred on talks, then it's ok.

For other stuff: we stated at the start of your imprisonment that by anytime calling offgame all restraints would be taken off. You were never alone so there was always someone ready take restraints off. Restraints were on pretty tightly as you consistently tried to escape. Personal items were right next to you at all times. They were only away from you when you tried to escape and did not take them with you. When you were brought back you were again with your stuff. Also at all times when you asked something in offgame it was provided for you. About next Berget, I don't know :D Have to wait for the info to come from B15.

About the box: rules state that all objects that are not te be taken should say "Offgame", your box did not so we thought that the text was only a distraction. I am more than happy to compensate financial losses! After all taking the box was my call.

The reason I seem grumpy is that for all this seems a lot of people are exploiting LARP to their own benefit and so worsening everyone else's experience. I'm not trying to point any fingers and you JSC are certainly not one of the exploiters!
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Jack Scarecrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack Scarecrow » 10 Jul 2016, 15:32

Exactly, So it was still fine, Even when it broke the BE rules slightly. For example a player do need his deathrag on him at all times. Had I escaped without my deathrag, trouble could arrive as I would have no means to pull it out if I got shot, resulting in me breaking a major rule.
I tend to avoid calling offgame, and I did my very best to withstand the pain, until the moment I started losing feeling in my left hand and the cuffs had to be taken off. I can say worse things have been done to me at other games :P And I usualy do manage to escape.... You guys made it pretty impossible. Everytime I tried to sew tru the zip ties I got stopped, everytime I picked up anything to use as a tool it got taken away from me.
I only managed to make an escape attemt because your guards clearly invited for it to happen, not having guns anymore, One unarmed at the door and the other with a holstered pistol at the window, And they didn´t stop me when I was pacing around studying them. They clearly wanted me to try escape, they practicly let me knock them out :D
I had also asked one of them for permission to grab his pistol if I had the chance, to which he agreed.
That´s also a BE rule that tends to be overlooked in larp, That you may not take someone elses weapon. Even though I dislike the rule I do try my best to follow it, And I did more of ''slowly reaching'' towards weapons without the actual intent to take them. Until I decided to actually ask for permission. Probably should have done that at the start.
But according to the rules you can pretty much lay a pistol on a table, if the prisoner grabs it, he breaks the rules and can get a warning. Sounds stupid to me :roll:

I can say I bend a few rules aswell in my larping:) I kept people chained up in a tent.
Shots do not count as hits during the larp scanario. Because when I shot a prisoner in the knee my intention was not to make him take it as a hit, I just wanted to make him suffer for not giving me correct answers.
And ''knifekills'' do not cause an instant death, You just stab people to hurt them.

Also killed a prisoner and seeing his reaction to it, offered him to do a time rollback and allow him to live again. But he ended up playing a random red guard and help me out at the lab until another one of the prisoners were let go so they could walk together. It only effect us, so it seems okay.
Also not sure what the rules says about allowing a NAF prisoner to stay at our base during the offgame hours.
We also brought our ingame prisoner offgame to mcdonalds for food.

One rule I do really hate is the one that prisoners who are let go get their weapon back after 5 minutes. How am I supposed to let my prisoners go alive knowing that in 5 minutes, they can just turn and start attacking my team again? They should have to return to base or atleast find friendly units that ''give'' them a weapon!
Now instead I am forced to execute people to make them return to spawn/base because it would cause alot of trouble if they decide to start killing people again 5 minutes after they are let go.

I marked the box in the way BE had said was OK. As it was not offgame, but it also was not ingame items to be taken.
The chain wasn´t really much of a loss. I was more worried about the box itself as I though it had been broken. But it seems to be all fine. Also glad it got put back in place after you guys realised that it wasn´t ingame. Last year I had to go find my stolen items at the blue base myself and carry it back. Which is why I decided to chain it all up this event.
There was loot in the lab at first, but it got taken during the first night already. And as fas as I know that info was given to your HQ as you did have the files. But mistakes happen.

You are always welcome to talk to me privatly here at the forums or at FB if you wish, Because I know I am getting alot blame for things that wasn´t my doing and I do not like that. So if you want to check in more with me what I did or did not do that could probably clear out alot. Even if I pretty much already did that in this thread + the other thread.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 10 Jul 2016, 20:35

Stavros wrote: Klings who was soppoused to be are company commander, practically never gave our plutoon (4th NAF mechanised) any missions. You stated at a point that we shouldn't se you as a commander but more as an organiser. Well, you did organise missions, with your own teamates and buddies and ultimately left nothing but breadcrumbs for the rest of us.
As part of Klings' team: no, you are wrong. We did not get more cool missions than you did. A large part of our game was spent on standby*, and guard duty. We had our turn guarding the FAD too, from early morning/night on saturday, until a few hours before game off, when the FAD was no longer a relevant object and we could finally drive into town and shoot some BB's.
That's simply a reality of playing mech on Berget, especially when there's so few in game roads and as many in game cars as there were this year.

*standby is just waiting, but you have to be ready to go on a few minutes notice, so you can't go down to McDonalds to eat burgers and poop in porcelain.

Being mech at Berget is not for everyone, there's A LOT of waiting and then a bit of driving back and forth without really doing much, and a bit of driving around at walking pace, supporting infantry. And then a little bit of getting BAVS'ed out of nowhere, if things go wrong.
It's very rewarding to those of us who likes it, though.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Helvetica » 10 Jul 2016, 21:24

Hey, guys, this thread is a feedback-thread, not a whining or personal discussion-thread! Please keep this in mind and use PM or open a new thread
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member