The grand CAMO thread!

General information about our next game summer 2016.
Arginj
Corporal
Corporal

Re: The grand CAMO thread!

Post by Arginj » 29 Oct 2016, 14:40

Another question: in which faction would the tropentarn camo be placed?
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 29 Oct 2016, 18:16

Arginj

Q 1. As long as the Uniform is in the Teams allowed camo you gear can be whatever colour/camo you like (but you put it on at your own risk of blue on blue.)

Q 2. Tropentarn would go with the Flecktarn/Upir in my Opinion.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

taipan
Newbee
Newbee

Post by taipan » 30 Oct 2016, 19:44

ok so this is my first time going i have a hand made ghillie and gun wrap does it mater what we wear under our ghillies as noone is going to see the uniform
swift and bold

i coy sniper plt

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 30 Oct 2016, 19:45

Yes it does. there are multiple scenarios where it is important, so stick to the teams approved camos.
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

taipan
Newbee
Newbee

Post by taipan » 30 Oct 2016, 19:48

ty so when wearing ghillie dont strip down my camo
swift and bold

i coy sniper plt

Waicheun
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Waicheun » 31 Oct 2016, 08:19

hey all,

just some minor questions.

My team is planning to come to Berget and I read about the camouflage rules. Now most of us have the same team uniform but not all. Aka how big of an issue is it if some of us dont have the correct camo for a certain army division?
(lets say 50% has the uniforms for UPIR and the other have 50% for NAF, cant imagine half the team has to buy new
gear?)

And then there is another issue the camo most of us have is a brand new SURPAT patern which i cannot find at all in any of the teams

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/ ... /image.png

So any of you know in which team we ''should'' be and how strict are the rules? I imagine you identify your targets mostly
by armband?

thx !

pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by pekezu » 31 Oct 2016, 08:36

Waicheun wrote:hey all,

just some minor questions.

My team is planning to come to Berget and I read about the camouflage rules. Now most of us have the same team uniform but not all. Aka how big of an issue is it if some of us dont have the correct camo for a certain army division?
(lets say 50% has the uniforms for UPIR and the other have 50% for NAF, cant imagine half the team has to buy new
gear?)

And then there is another issue the camo most of us have is a brand new SURPAT patern which i cannot find at all in any of the teams

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/ ... /image.png
So any of you know in which team we ''should'' be and how strict are the rules? I imagine you identify your targets mostly
by armband?

thx !
I don't see any reason why the camo rules wouldn't be strict. You cannot play on UPIR with NAF camo and vice versa. I suggest you and your team make an investment to a camo which will let you play on the same team. There are some common (and affordable) camouflages which are respectively mentioned in either of the factions camo lists so if you are looking forward to attend in more than one Berget I suggest you get a camo that will work in future too.

Yes there are armbands and armbands are probably the first way to recognize your enemies. But still there is strict camo lists for either factions so I don't see a reason to make an exception to this.

About the surpat I can't really say, I would think if its going to some side it would be on NAF since they have digital camos already but as I mentioned I don't represent BE so it's a pure guess.
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?

Waicheun
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Waicheun » 31 Oct 2016, 08:38

hehe, hence i was asking, I think it would be kinda a no-go for most of us if SURPAT is not allowed. (or in this case if it falls under NAF we are also erm...in trouble since its sold out lol)

I will email berget for clear rules, thx for replying:)

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Arginj » 31 Oct 2016, 10:59

Crapgame, thanks for your answers. Nice to know that we only have to buy new uniforms and not entire new gear lineups.

Regarding the tropentarn; so it is the nationality of the pattern that decide which faction it belongs to and not the actual camo pattern itself? Tropentarn is a very bright/light camo pattern, like for example multicam, and since many of the patterns on the UPIR side are dark I think tropentarn would fit better at the NAF side. It would also be great if tropentarn is accepted on the NAF side since we are playing as Germans so it would be much better for us to purchase new uniforms in that pattern rather than multicam or something else from another country.

Could this decision perhaps be revised so that we can use tropentarn when playing as NAF? Then it would be flecktarn (dark) on the UPIR side and tropentarn (light) on the NAF side and people playing as Germans can chose a German camo pattern regardless of the side they are playing on.
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by pekezu » 31 Oct 2016, 13:35

Arginj wrote:Crapgame, thanks for your answers. Nice to know that we only have to buy new uniforms and not entire new gear lineups.

Regarding the tropentarn; so it is the nationality of the pattern that decide which faction it belongs to and not the actual camo pattern itself? Tropentarn is a very bright/light camo pattern, like for example multicam, and since many of the patterns on the UPIR side are dark I think tropentarn would fit better at the NAF side. It would also be great if tropentarn is accepted on the NAF side since we are playing as Germans so it would be much better for us to purchase new uniforms in that pattern rather than multicam or something else from another country.

Could this decision perhaps be revised so that we can use tropentarn when playing as NAF? Then it would be flecktarn (dark) on the UPIR side and tropentarn (light) on the NAF side and people playing as Germans can chose a German camo pattern regardless of the side they are playing on.
Stick in the camos mentioned in the lists. That is the best way. If you have to buy new camo why don't just buy something that fits the rules and if you are willing to play in german gear why don't you play on UPIR with Flecktarn?

TBH I didn't get this camo-discussion last year and don't get it this year either. BE has stated quite strict rules about the camouflage things. Why not to stick with them?
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 31 Oct 2016, 13:43

Waicheun wrote:hehe, hence i was asking, I think it would be kinda a no-go for most of us if SURPAT is not allowed. (or in this case if it falls under NAF we are also erm...in trouble since its sold out lol)

I will email berget for clear rules, thx for replying:)

You have to use a uniform which is allowed for a certain side, f.ex. you cant use multicam on UPIR, or woodland on NAF.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 31 Oct 2016, 16:38

pekezu wrote: Stick in the camos mentioned in the lists. That is the best way. If you have to buy new camo why don't just buy something that fits the rules and if you are willing to play in german gear why don't you play on UPIR with Flecktarn?
Because they obviously want to play as NAF, maybe they have some friends from another team playing there?

I was in the same situation last year, and asked the same question too, wanting to use 3-farb flecktarn (tropentarn) on NAF. I did argue that it would fit in well with NAF, and look much better and be more visually distinct than just combining our flecktarn vests/headgear with marpat, which is what BE suggested we should do, but it fell for deaf ears and we were denied. We ended up buying Multicam uniforms and combining them with our flecktarn gear (as a kinda-sorta-KSK-look) to play as NAF.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by pekezu » 31 Oct 2016, 16:47

Panzergraf wrote:
pekezu wrote: Stick in the camos mentioned in the lists. That is the best way. If you have to buy new camo why don't just buy something that fits the rules and if you are willing to play in german gear why don't you play on UPIR with Flecktarn?
Because they obviously want to play as NAF, maybe they have some friends from another team playing there?

I was in the same situation last year, and asked the same question too, wanting to use 3-farb flecktarn (tropentarn) on NAF. I did argue that it would fit in well with NAF, and look much better and be more visually distinct than just combining our flecktarn vests/headgear with marpat, which is what BE suggested we should do, but it fell for deaf ears and we were denied. We ended up buying Multicam uniforms and combining them with our flecktarn gear (as a kinda-sorta-KSK-look) to play as NAF.
In your situation if I didn't have Multicam I would have probably done the same thing and buy it. There is a huge price range so everyone should have a possibility to buy decent MC or MTP stuff. And it is also more and more common around the world and probably will be listed in every possible airsoft game in the future so that wise it is something that I would consider to buy.
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 31 Oct 2016, 17:48

For game purposes the camos SURPAT and Tropentarn (desert flecktarn) are approved for UPIR

Ghille suits, 3d Leaf suits/ Leshy suits, Viperhood, sniper veils. full body, top or bottom all fall under the rule of ghillie suit for game purposes.
What you wear under the ghillie/Veil should be appropriate to team camo rules unless special agreement is made with BE staff.

Having split/mixed uniforms are ok within your own BE team rules, NO mix between Upir and Naf camo.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Waicheun
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Waicheun » 31 Oct 2016, 18:10

oh thank you very much for allowing SURPAT. This saves us alot of hassle and money:D