Info for Berget 17?

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17
User avatar
Bilbo
Berget Crew
Berget Crew
Posts: 26
Joined: 11 Mar 2007, 23:23
Location: Örnsköldsvik

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Bilbo » 22 Oct 2018, 15:56

Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:49
The description for mech and the rules are contradicting each other.
We don't, in this case, rules are general, in the team requirements we can be more specific. As you pointed out, class 1 vehicles in the Scorpions has other descriptions.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 730
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arradin » 22 Oct 2018, 15:57

Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:49
Arradin wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:37
Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 15:20


So, in theory this mean that you force people that have a car but no weapon on it to play as Scorpions even though they don’t want to LARP?
" Civ/Light vehicles/Technical: Can have mounted weapon. If mounted weapon, "

We approve vehicles with no mounted weapon, but it MUST look like a military vehicle. No rented station wagon in light blue.
To clarify: A vehicle without a weapon will Always only be class 1.
Then why does it say “Players need to mount their cars with turrets and roof mounted weapons like machine guns m249, M60, M2HB or MK-19 or TOW. Contact BE for more info.” The description for mech and the rules are contradicting each other.
You have attended atleast 3 Berget games, and the rules have Always been the same... Im not sure what is so unclear.

We have had years where there are a ton of " civilian " vehicles used as ingame vehicles because people are lazy. It looks horrible, doesnt fit it, breaks immersion and a ton more reasons. If you book a ticket to a mechanized unit, we assume that you want to play as a mechanized unit - Not an infantry unit with a transport vehicle.

If you make effort to make it look armored, we will approve it even without a weapon, but the norm is to have a weapon.

If this is in any way unclear, get back to me :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 19:55
Location: Stockholm

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arginj » 22 Oct 2018, 16:03

Yes, I have attended three Berget before. Not that I see why that matters since the rules, the team description and your explanations are not making sense (see below).

In the rules it says that weapons in class 1 vehicles are optional, which I am used to. However, in the description for Mech it clearly says that players MUST have a weapon on the car. And then you say it is not mandatory to have a weapon on the car even if you play as a Mech (even though the description of the team says otherwise). That is very confusing.

And I know that the car must look military, that is not what this is about.
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

Panzergraf
Major
Major
Posts: 647
Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:04
Location: Norway

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Panzergraf » 22 Oct 2018, 17:08

I think you misunderstand. A vehicle without a weapon will always be class 1, but that doesn't mean class 1 vehicles can't have weapons.

The rules for the civilian faction states that their vehicles must be class 1 and can't be armed. For the military mech factions, both red and blue, they MUST be armed, and can be any class.
Last edited by Panzergraf on 22 Oct 2018, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Veteran of 11 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B17 - Red Mech

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 19:55
Location: Stockholm

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arginj » 22 Oct 2018, 17:26

Panzergraf wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 17:08
I think you misunderstand. A vehicle without a weapon will always be class 1, but that doesn't mean class 1 vehicles can't have weapons.

The rules for the civilian faction states that their vehicles must be class 1 and can't be armed. For the military mech factions, both red and blue, they MUST be armed, and can be any class.
Yes, it might of course be a misunderstanding. But when the team description under the title “special rules” states that the cars must have a mounted weapon I get confused.

And yes; I interpret it the same way as you do. The mech for “red” and “blue” must have weapons regarding class. But Berget Crew says otherwise in this thread. For example on page 2 where they say you’ll be allowed to play as mech without a weapon on the car as long as it looks military.

Do you understand my confusion? :) The special rules states one thing (must be armed), but crew says other stuff.
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Apr 2016, 19:55
Location: Stockholm

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arginj » 22 Oct 2018, 18:17

And just to add why I wrote this: my team won’t have a mounted weapon on our car this year (which we’ve had precious years) and we intend to play as red mech as usual (the car still looks “military”, but lacks a weapon) - i.e. a “class 1” vehicle. Earlier years it’s been ok to have an unarmed class 1 vehicle in the mech units, but this year it seems like it has to be armed according to the special rules section for that unit.

It’s this I’m raising concerns about. If this is true, it mean that we have two choices - either mount a weapon on our car (which still will be class 1), or join Scorpions (which we’re not sure about yet since we have to consider whether we want to LARP or not).

I do not question whether a class 1 vehicle should have a weapon or not. I know that it is optional. But for mech troops it seems like it’s mandatory to have a weapon this year - and I wonder why?
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 730
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arradin » 22 Oct 2018, 19:52

Arginj wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 18:17
And just to add why I wrote this: my team won’t have a mounted weapon on our car this year (which we’ve had precious years) and we intend to play as red mech as usual (the car still looks “military”, but lacks a weapon) - i.e. a “class 1” vehicle. Earlier years it’s been ok to have an unarmed class 1 vehicle in the mech units, but this year it seems like it has to be armed according to the special rules section for that unit.

It’s this I’m raising concerns about. If this is true, it mean that we have two choices - either mount a weapon on our car (which still will be class 1), or join Scorpions (which we’re not sure about yet since we have to consider whether we want to LARP or not).

I do not question whether a class 1 vehicle should have a weapon or not. I know that it is optional. But for mech troops it seems like it’s mandatory to have a weapon this year - and I wonder why?
As stated several times, the rules have not changed. I know this, because i personally copy pasted unit requirement from last years teams ( Requirements, Colors and Camos ).

To play in a mechanized unit, you need a mechanized vehicle. This is based on feedback from previous years where Mechanized commanders feel that half of the vehicles cant fight due to lack of turret. And we have a limit on vehicles at Berget games, most of them need to be able to fight as intended.

As stated, we make exceptions. If you come to us and say that you will want to come without a turret, then we look at each case.

Make sure you email to info@berget-events.com to get your vehicle approved if it doesnt fit within specificed requirements.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 55
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 21:26
Location: Finland

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by BigDane » 22 Oct 2018, 20:29

Arradin pls reply about m05/91 and Finbat -question.
S.R.A.P.E

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 730
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arradin » 22 Oct 2018, 21:00

BigDane wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 20:29
Arradin pls reply about m05/91 and Finbat -question.
I already did.
Feedback recieved about finbat and we are reviewing it over the next week
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Herr.Nilsson
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 3
Joined: 05 May 2018, 22:16

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Herr.Nilsson » 23 Oct 2018, 09:10

I think we need a clear statement, it is a quite large economical question for us. We want to know before we buy tickets and build a new car that we will be able to use it. You talk about immersion, a large part of that immersion is based on the notion that we are willing to buy/outfit/transport our own vehicles and use these cars. The team have been a part of this immersion for the last three years, last year we had two cars with turrets.. This year we have decided that it is too expensive to run multiple cars.

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 55
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 21:26
Location: Finland

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by BigDane » 23 Oct 2018, 09:16

Arradin wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 21:00
BigDane wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 20:29
Arradin pls reply about m05/91 and Finbat -question.
I already did.
Feedback recieved about finbat and we are reviewing it over the next week
No you didn't answer to this question;

"Pls make decision about m05/m91 before ticket release and dont change it afterwards! There are lot of teams that dont want to play with Finbat!"
S.R.A.P.E

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 730
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Arradin » 23 Oct 2018, 10:31

BigDane wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 09:16

No you didn't answer to this question;

"Pls make decision about m05/m91 before ticket release and dont change it afterwards! There are lot of teams that dont want to play with Finbat!"
Thats not a question.
Herr.Nilsson wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 09:10
I think we need a clear statement, it is a quite large economical question for us. We want to know before we buy tickets and build a new car that we will be able to use it. You talk about immersion, a large part of that immersion is based on the notion that we are willing to buy/outfit/transport our own vehicles and use these cars. The team have been a part of this immersion for the last three years, last year we had two cars with turrets.. This year we have decided that it is too expensive to run multiple cars.
In order to play as a Mechanized unit, you need to have a mechanized vehicle or a seat in one. A vehicle has different rules depending on which team you want to play in. Please see your desired team information for any special rules about vehicles. If you have a vehicle that you are unsure fits the criteria to join the team, please send information and Pictures of the car to info@berget-events.com
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 55
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 21:26
Location: Finland

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by BigDane » 23 Oct 2018, 11:27

Arradin, you think you´re funny?
Thats not a joke, there are lot of players that dont want to play with Finbat (for various reasons) and thats why it is very important to decide their side before ticket release and not change it afterwards!
S.R.A.P.E

User avatar
Windi^
Captain
Captain
Posts: 382
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:46
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Windi^ » 24 Oct 2018, 07:12

BigDane wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 11:27
Arradin, you think you´re funny?
Thats not a joke, there are lot of players that dont want to play with Finbat (for various reasons) and thats why it is very important to decide their side before ticket release and not change it afterwards!
I have never played with finbat, but it's kind a sad that it turns so bad feelings in you that only way to decide which side to play is to know where FinBat would be playing. If there is even a FinBat this year.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

User avatar
Windi^
Captain
Captain
Posts: 382
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:46
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Info for Berget 17?

Post by Windi^ » 24 Oct 2018, 08:44

Ok. There is really nothing else worth saying in this case. Have a good one.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Locked