POLL: What kind of Missions do you want?

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17

What kind of missions do you prefer

Specific missions to find objects or persons
37%
General missions such as holding a sertain area
12%
Military missions with LARP Elements (Missions in larp enviroments)
30%
LARP Missions ( Missions that require Civilian people )
17%
Missions? Capture Point system is all we need.
2%
I dont care, i just want to shoot as much as i can.
2%
Other - I will make a reply with Another option.
No votes

Total votes: 84

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

POLL: What kind of Missions do you want?

Post by Arradin » 20 Nov 2018, 11:23

Hello!

We want to know what kind of missions you want, do you want more or less of sertain missions etc.

Feel free to commend on this thread with ideas and suggestions!

Thanks

// Berget Events
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Re: POLL: What kind of Missions do you want?

Post by L4gi » 20 Nov 2018, 18:30

Good ones! :lol:
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 20 Nov 2018, 21:49

I voted "Specific missions to find objects or persons", but I want to add a little bit. Quite often people from Rangers/Shadows/Cobra units are sent to hunt for SAMs. Usually they are hidden places that don't make any sense militarily ie. not on the high round, not near roads as one would transport missiles with vehicle etc. Making the location of the missiles make more sense in a military way make these missions less frustrating.

But if I may hope, just get rid of these kind of "cold" missions where at the end of the rainbow there are no people/action at all. An by action I don't necessarily mean shooting, but something more productive than just take a photo and report back.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 21 Nov 2018, 00:48

Honestly, I think the missions just need to be more Storyline oriented. Sure, its great to have a "Go kill X Y and Z, and hold this point" but there needs to be more reason for it in-lore. Something I've found lacking at Berget is a sense of purpose. By that I mean great, our mech platoon is being sent to go hit a certain point of the map. But why? What does this do to help the storyline? I understand there isn't always a overarching goal, but one thing missing last berget was a sense of "why".

I realize that in real life grunts generally don't know/care why they are doing something, but having some overall info ingame would be great at least from a morale point of view. Having a team website thats putting a positive spin on the game (Even if that team is loosing badly) would be kind of cool.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)

DRZoidberg
Private
Private

Post by DRZoidberg » 04 Dec 2018, 02:21

Right now there are 23 Police and 11 thugs. A litle bit of balanced. But i guess you fix it, or Local gang will run zigg zagg between police. :-) Or maybe you will send Police to other camps?

Last time i was civilian, there was little to zero larping whit read or blue. Maybe give them more larp kind of missions? Maybe send unarmed, or lo armed platoons in to "town" just to "shop" and get to know civilians?

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 04 Dec 2018, 15:22

DRZoidberg wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 02:21
Right now there are 23 Police and 11 thugs. A litle bit of balanced. But i guess you fix it, or Local gang will run zigg zagg between police. :-) Or maybe you will send Police to other camps?

Last time i was civilian, there was little to zero larping whit read or blue. Maybe give them more larp kind of missions? Maybe send unarmed, or lo armed platoons in to "town" just to "shop" and get to know civilians?
As i read it, there will be more focus on LARP next year.
We did not see the village this year and only contact with police was "Shoot on sight" order from HQ...
So really looking forward to next year!

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 04 Dec 2018, 19:14

DRZoidberg wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 02:21

Actually its perfect right now. Police need to outman criminals 2:1 for balance pursposes. Consider this: A bank robbery with 5 criminals.. How many police would turn up? ;)

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 04 Dec 2018, 22:15

Please don’t give missions like “one platoon from Golf company is to go to town unarmed to interact with the civilians” this will appear idiotic to a group of players that was in a heavy firefight just down the road on their last mission. Instead try to give intentions, give an objective for something to be done in town, let the commander and his staff (working with their contacts and intel guys) figure out what would be the smart way to carry that out, keeping in mind their current standing with the civilians and the situation. Don’t micro manage missions with illogical requirements, it pisses people off!
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 05 Dec 2018, 11:32

Tiger_1 wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 22:15
Please don’t give missions like “one platoon from Golf company is to go to town unarmed to interact with the civilians” this will appear idiotic to a group of players that was in a heavy firefight just down the road on their last mission. Instead try to give intentions, give an objective for something to be done in town, let the commander and his staff (working with their contacts and intel guys) figure out what would be the smart way to carry that out, keeping in mind their current standing with the civilians and the situation. Don’t micro manage missions with illogical requirements, it pisses people off!
We have not created such missions for many years, if you have experienced any in the last years it has been from your commander.
I completely agree that such missions are dumb, and it wont happen :)

DRZoidberg
Private
Private

Post by DRZoidberg » 05 Jan 2019, 12:25

Tiger_1 wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 22:15

I agree, it was badly formulated by me. I have read up on the story and intentions for Berget 17. And it locks so much beter this year. Really locking forwards to be a part of civilians this year.

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 18 Feb 2019, 22:26

Like my predecessors outline it, we need missions with a story line, those missions are the most compelling for average airsoft players. All so I love the missions who make me interact with others "characters" in the story each one with his own objective.. Make the missions challenging not just go there capture X and bring it home ... make missions who cant be achieved only with "fire power", who needs team play.

Dutchman
Private
Private

Post by Dutchman » 19 Feb 2019, 15:12

Something like:
Civilian X has info on the location of a bomb, take out his guards, grab him and interrogate him fo 30 minutes in the closest capture point. Upon asaulting the 'mansion' of the civilian, the other side gets a request for support.

story - objective - ensuing battle

Good for the 2 factions, good for the larpers, good for those seeking combat

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 20 Feb 2019, 10:36

Excellent feedback and opinions, keep them coming! :)