IMPORTANT: Changes to Chrono and Weapon classes

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17
L4gi
Captain
Captain

Re: IMPORTANT: Changes to Chrono and Weapon classes

Post by L4gi » 24 May 2019, 20:50

- For Class 4, 5 & 6 your gun must look like a sniper rifle with scope, no mp5/uzi/m4/ak47 etc with scope is allowed as sniper.

Should be ok. If its a DMR rifle in real life I dont see how Berget could say no. Recce rifles should also be in this area. Knowing how the chrono staff handles the issue, as long as you have it locked on semi, you should be ok.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

hvitsten
Newbee
Newbee

Post by hvitsten » 24 May 2019, 21:08

L4gi wrote:
24 May 2019, 20:50
- For Class 4, 5 & 6 your gun must look like a sniper rifle with scope, no mp5/uzi/m4/ak47 etc with scope is allowed as sniper.

Should be ok. If its a DMR rifle in real life I dont see how Berget could say no. Recce rifles should also be in this area. Knowing how the chrono staff handles the issue, as long as you have it locked on semi, you should be ok.
I know that it is not a problem this year, but as Majk from berget crew has commented earlier here they are gonna change the rules for next year and he wrote about full stock and long barrels. So my post was mostly written to air some toughts i have for them before they decide about the new rules for next year :)
Team S.R.O.G
-----‐----------------
B13:Hades Police - Mechanized: top gunner
B14:NAF - Mechanized: top gunner
B15:Mercenaries - Mechanized: top gunner
B16:NAF - Mechanized: Engineer
B17:TFC - Mechanized: Driver
B18:GCT - Mechanized: Driver

GhostNL
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by GhostNL » 24 May 2019, 22:09

L4gi wrote:
24 May 2019, 20:50

Yeah they can, and yeah they do it allready.

After the bonkers conclusion to allow m249`s to be heavy supports, but m249 para`s not. :?: :?:
And leaving all the other light supports with folding stocks as heavy support in the same group....

I understand that there are rules for safetyand yeah sometimes it’s hard to draw a line.
But in this case, the decision maker(s) must has/have been living under a rock for the last couple of years.....
Or maybe drunk because drawing the line straight was way to difficult :P
Berget 16 - NAF infantry, squad leader
Berget 17 - TFC infantry, platoon commander.

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 24 May 2019, 22:43

I mean I've had an M4 PTW been allowed as DMR after it chroned 139ms, only needed to block it from going full auto which took 5 minutes. The chrono crew does their own decisions quite often. Unless Berget officially states it isnt allowed, you should go to the chrono and explain that you technically abide by the rules. Its one of the problems of having "generic" rules in place. :(
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

Söderström
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Söderström » 20 Nov 2023, 21:30

Kinda a necro, but as it my question touches on this subject...

A m249 with bipod and drummag is considered a support weapon, and is allowed to be tuned up to support class (as long as it got full length barrel and stock). The rules quite explicably says a support gun NEEDS a drum mag or equivalent.

But... there is nothing stopping anyone from... not tuning a support weapon to support class, is there? Like... if I have an M249, and only tune it to assault class... it should still be allowed to have the drum mag... but it should be nothing stopping it from being considered an assault weapon either, right? I mean, some moron could go around the whole game, using an m249 as an Assault weapon.

Which means as long as it is an support weapon which is only tuned to assault... you should be free to chose between assault class mags, like 100rd m4 mags, or 3000-5000 round box mags?

Mostly thinking that... while on the move, an M4 mag is a whole lot friendlier to moving through bush, while it is nice to be able to slap in a box when you reach an area where there will be combat. And the Assault MED is more conducive to engaging hiding enemies in nearby bushes than the support MED.

Tl;dr support weapons tuned to assault limits, are they okey with using both support limit mags (3000-5000) and assault limit mags (100)?