Questions regarding B18 and COVID19.

Discussions, Suggestions and Questions about upcoming Berget 18, June 2021
Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Questions regarding B18 and COVID19.

Post by Switchback » 03 Nov 2020, 17:59

Given at the state the world is currently progressing, there is the very real possibility that COVID19 will not be dealt with by June of 2021. Given Berget has the potential to spread COVID (Sleeping in close proximity in tents, vehicles, etc) I have some questions that hopefully BE has answers to.

- What steps is BE taking to make sure that all attendees are notified if/when the event is cancelled/"Postponed".

- If BE is forced to cancel BE18 in 2021, will it be cancelled or just "postponed" again?

- What will BE be doing to verify people have gotten a Vaccine or are immune to COVID?

- Will BE test people coming to the event?

- In the event of there being positive COVID spread during B18, what is the plan to mitigate it? Is there one?
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18-2020: Team Covid-19
B18-2021: Who knows.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Re: Questions regarding B18 and COVID19.

Post by Panzergraf » 08 Nov 2020, 22:40

Q:
Those of us who still have tickets to this years postponed event get the option to re-confirm the ticket for either 2021 or 2022.
If we confirm our tickets for 2021 and the event has to be postponed again, can we still use those same tickets in 2022?
If the event is not postponed, but we are prevented from attending because of closed borders or other COVID-related restrictions,
can we then still use our tickets in 2022?
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Losolos
Major
Major

Post by Losolos » 09 Nov 2020, 06:42

Good Topic, but i think you can not expect a answer from BE because all answers are written in the
stars at the moment.

Situation change every month and its about 7 month till B18 so very difficult to get a clear view right now.

For the Crows i see no big problem, we sleep in seperate tents .. use common sense and keep more distance than in the other years before
and we can have a relativ save Covid free game. But red and blue are not so easy to manage because of the bigger amount of people !

So keep fingers crossed for a game in 2021 ... CROWS are ready as we was in 2020 !

hope to see you all next year
B5-B17 on duty
B18 yellow Crow

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 09 Nov 2020, 11:49

Switchback wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 17:59
Given at the state the world is currently progressing, there is the very real possibility that COVID19 will not be dealt with by June of 2021. Given Berget has the potential to spread COVID (Sleeping in close proximity in tents, vehicles, etc) I have some questions that hopefully BE has answers to.

- What steps is BE taking to make sure that all attendees are notified if/when the event is cancelled/"Postponed".

- If BE is forced to cancel BE18 in 2021, will it be cancelled or just "postponed" again?

- What will BE be doing to verify people have gotten a Vaccine or are immune to COVID?

- In the event of there being positive COVID spread during B18, what is the plan to mitigate it? Is there one?
Hello Switchback!

I hope you understand that its impossible for anyone of us to give defenite answers to your questions at this time, but i will do my best to answer your quesitons as i understand your concerns

Players are notified by all our channels - Facebook, Homepage, Forums, E-mail as soon as we make the decision.
Such a decision will not be made until the very earliest, the end of Q1, 2021 . This can change at anytime depending on the situation around the world Ofcourse.

I assume you mean " Will we get a refund ", its not possible to answer this as no such decision has been made or will be made this early. Our goal will ofcourse be to hold Berget 18 as soon as possible.

There is no vaccine and also nothing that guarantee that people who have had COVID-19 is immune permanently.
Even if thats not the case by game time, there is no way that we can make sure that people are Vacinated.

No - There is no way for "Civilians" to test others

The incubation period of COVID-19 is 5-14 days before people start showing symptoms and a large percentage show mild/no symptoms. Even in the event of a COVID spread during B18, the game will be over before people start noticing. There is therefor no way to make a plan for this.

We follow the situation in the world closely, and in the end we have to trust our government recommendations. IF its allowed to have gatherings of this size next year, and we can do it in a way thats safe for crew and players we will do so - BUT - in the end its the responsibility of all players and people play on Berget at their own risk.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 14 Nov 2020, 19:48

Hi Arradin, thanks for the responses. My concern is that by the time B18-2021 rolls up COVID will still be a problem and have the potential to disrupt the game/travel.

There is no vaccine and also nothing that guarantee that people who have had COVID-19 is immune permanently.
Even if thats not the case by game time, there is no way that we can make sure that people are Vacinated.

I disagree with this assessment. If there is a vaccine and it has been widely distributed, there has been a lot of discussion within governments about people providing proof of vaccination to avoid any existing quarantine regulations. How this will change pre-game I don't know, but a blanket statement saying there isn't a way to verify vaccination is a bit much.

No - There is no way for "Civilians" to test others
What? Simple things like temperature checks can executed. We stand in line at Chrono, check-in, there's no reason that can't be done. I understand some people are asymptomatic but its a start. Saying "We won't do anything" is a bit reckless.

The incubation period of COVID-19 is 5-14 days before people start showing symptoms and a large percentage show mild/no symptoms. Even in the event of a COVID spread during B18, the game will be over before people start noticing. There is therefor no way to make a plan for this.
What's stopping someone who has COVID with minor symptoms from going to Berget? The logic of "I already paid for this event, screw everyone else I'm going anyway" is concerning.

Basically I understand we are half a year away from Berget, however given the pace at which the world is going COVID19 will not have been eradicated by the time the 2021 game date shows up. Also, Panzergraf's question is a good one.
Q:
Those of us who still have tickets to this years postponed event get the option to re-confirm the ticket for either 2021 or 2022.
If we confirm our tickets for 2021 and the event has to be postponed again, can we still use those same tickets in 2022?
If the event is not postponed, but we are prevented from attending because of closed borders or other COVID-related restrictions,
can we then still use our tickets in 2022?
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18-2020: Team Covid-19
B18-2021: Who knows.