Ukraine & Berget Events

Discussions, Suggestions and Questions about upcoming Berget 18, June 2022
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Ukraine & Berget Events

Post by Arradin » 06 Mar 2022, 15:39

We strongly condemn all real conflict and war! Berget stands for friendship between nations, individual freedom, democracy, and peace. As such, we will not sit idly by but instead do what we can to help and try to make a difference here and now.

We have decided to work together with UNHCR & the Red cross and are offering to send our 60 large Berget-tents to help shelter refugees in the transit zones of the Ukraine borders. This will provide some manner of comfort for around 2000 people while they wait for further transport.

This means that we will unfortunately not have a full set of tents for this year's Berget, and that each player will have to bring his own or make other sleeping arrangements. We hope that you all will understand our decision in this matter and help us do what we all can for peace and unity in the name of our common hobby.

If you still need help with tents and can not bring your own, just drop us a email with topic “Tents” and we will sort it out.

With hope for a better world!

// Berget crew
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Gibspark

Re: Ukraine & Berget Events

Post by Gibspark » 07 Mar 2022, 13:36

Does that mean eveeyone can bring their own tents?
And the current rules for tent size etc, are not applied? So a team of 10 could bring 10 tents?

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 07 Mar 2022, 17:18

Gibspark wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 13:36
Does that mean eveeyone can bring their own tents?
And the current rules for tent size etc, are not applied? So a team of 10 could bring 10 tents?
Do your best to stay within the rules :)

Söderström
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Söderström » 07 Mar 2022, 18:41

Might be a good idea to e-mail this info to all participants. At the very least, I haven't received a mail, and I just happened to check the forum today after not being here for weeks. Just to give people appropriate time to make arrangements.

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 09 Mar 2022, 03:16

Söderström wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 18:41
Might be a good idea to e-mail this info to all participants. At the very least, I haven't received a mail, and I just happened to check the forum today after not being here for weeks. Just to give people appropriate time to make arrangements.
100% Agree with this. Not everyone checks the forums and bringing your own tent is a pretty drastic change of pace.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 09 Mar 2022, 14:03

Switchback wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 03:16
Söderström wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 18:41
100% Agree with this. Not everyone checks the forums and bringing your own tent is a pretty drastic change of pace.
Great comment, Thanks you guys ill pass it on

Noud

Post by Noud » 21 Mar 2022, 19:25

Is it already 100% sure that UNCHR will accept your tents? Or is it still just an offer from Berget events?
Anyway, completely support the decision, just want to know if I have to bring a tent or not.

Cheers,

Slaaibak
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Slaaibak » 20 Jun 2022, 23:08

What is the final on the tent situation?