Feedback - Missions

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 17
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Feedback - Missions

Post by Berget-events » 29 Jun 2019, 11:13

Please give us your feedback on this years missions, and how it can be improved.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

V-22
Newbee
Newbee

Re: Feedback - Missions

Post by V-22 » 30 Jun 2019, 12:51

TFC Infantry
Alfa Company
3rd Platoon

I liked the missions we were assigned this year.
We went through :
- Basic front attacks
- Flanking maneuvers
- Night time harassing of enemy forces
- Fort defense
- Fixed position defense
- Tank assault
- Patrols
- Seaching for civilians(intel)
- Mechanized assault with infantry backup

I like that we got to do alot of different type of missions and i don't really have anything negative to say about that.
The only thing i would comment on would be the levelel of information that the "regulars" get before heading out.
We somtimes realized that even our Company Commander wasnt told the full picture of the plan and that needs to improve.
Information is key to solve missions and reach the goal that Blue/Red side wants to achieve at the end.
B16 - NAF Foxtrot Company Infantry
B17 - TFC Alfa Company Infantry

AceCunow
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by AceCunow » 30 Jun 2019, 16:14

Thanx for the Feedback on missions.
However i am a bit confused here. HQ got order/missions handed to us on a laminated printout. It had all the information needed. This printout was eighter read out loud to all the Unit comanders together. Or to the specific Comander it was ment for. All information we had was at their full disposal. So if some company comander or lower ranked didnt have the full picture it has to be connected to 1. Not being able to read or understand spoken english. 2. Not listening to given order. 3. If not understanding or have questions regarding said order, not stating/asking higher comand or HQ to clarify. 4 all of them togeher.

I do ofc understand that some comanders dont forward all they get or miss points. But our hq is open 24/7 in the blue base. Noone was ever denied entrance there to ask questions. Yet for some reason it seems the questions wherent asked.

I personally stated at the before game on speach that if you for any reason was unhappy/understimulated/wanted something special/ or had questions, it was up to every individual to come to hq and state this. Now its sadly to late.

Ace
Berget 11 - GCT Sidu B20 Platoon Commander
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet Company Commander
Berget 13 - Para infantry Platoon Commander
Berget 14 - NAF Infantry Alfa Company Commander
Berget 15 - NAF ACE Company Path Finders
Berget 16 - NAF CO
Berget 17 - TFC CO

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 03 Jul 2019, 16:58

We, as Scorpions, were LARP/Offensive and the missions we got reflected perfect to that discription.
Wednesday and thursday were more larp, friday and saturday were more offensive.

A bit more larp missions would still be nice. The small smuggle runs were very nice to do.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 03 Jul 2019, 20:53

Verage wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 16:58
We, as Scorpions, were LARP/Offensive and the missions we got reflected perfect to that discription.
Wednesday and thursday were more larp, friday and saturday were more offensive.

A bit more larp missions would still be nice. The small smuggle runs were very nice to do.
Thank you for the feedback!

The drug missions you had could be repeated whenever you wanted. I know that it would be repetative, but Friday were all hands on deck for final fight ( which was planned to be the Biohazard zone ) , but had to be expanded into convoy mission.
This year we tried to do more with the small missions aswell as " hide and seek " with GPS tracker. Those seem all to have been loved, so we will further expand both of those.

Hope you had a great time, even with less LARP missions in the end!
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 04 Jul 2019, 10:04

Arradin wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 20:53

The drug missions you had could be repeated whenever you wanted. I know that it would be repetative, but Friday were all hands on deck for final fight ( which was planned to be the Biohazard zone ) , but had to be expanded into convoy mission.
This year we tried to do more with the small missions aswell as " hide and seek " with GPS tracker. Those seem all to have been loved, so we will further expand both of those.

Hope you had a great time, even with less LARP missions in the end!
Yes, as i said, we were a LARP/offensive group and the mix between larp and offensive was good. We had a constant flow of drugs coming in from the local gang. The undercover guys had so much fun. Stealing things from the police, taking pictures of the police, sending live feed from the town during the convoy mission, ...

It would be fun if the drugs we (scorpions) had to take would be a phsical thing. That we have to take our pills every 4h for example. It would be more of a struggle to keep te drug flow to the Scorpions when they were in the field longer. I missed that.

Nijntje

Post by Nijntje » 08 Jul 2019, 09:51

My compliments to the Berget crew for this year’s story, facilities and overall guidance.

The spreading of the in game events via telegram really helped in getting more involvement in the story, that was a big plus. A nice addition next year might be to set up an similar channel for the journalists where live reports could be shared and the newspaper could be accessible for everyone.

The focus on LARP was a very positive, combined with that the two teams could infiltrate the town to complete missions. This added a lot of extra action and diversity in the interactions. The thing I struggled with in deciding if I would do it again next year is that it now was really a hard choice of doing the larp and not interacting with my friends on the team. A means of having the larping a bit more flexible, or other ways / missions to introduce your character for 50% of the time sounds more appealing to me and would still fill up the town.
Not fighting over the town had a positive effect on the roleplaying and is a big recommendation for next year.
In general the story could be a bit more flexible to allow for unexpected events and progress. If a team does well, roll with it and don’t stonewall them until the other team catches up.

That the blue team was not on the same level as the reds was noticeable on the field, a lot of defending without an attempt to break it gets frustrating. I hope next year there will be a different commander for the blue team that focuses on maximizing the fun for everyone.
Besides that the capture system worked great and allows for improvisation missions which is great in les exiting times.

I had a great time, see you all next year!