Feedback - General

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 17
User avatar
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 1979
Joined: 30 Jan 2006, 21:22
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Feedback - General

Post by Berget-events » 29 Jun 2019, 11:39

Please give us your general feedback on this years game.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Ramgeval
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Nov 2018, 13:16

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Ramgeval » 29 Jun 2019, 13:47

Were van i get my refund for the a3 map that we didnt recevid.?

Ike
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Jan 2018, 12:16

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Ike » 29 Jun 2019, 13:55

I also would like to know this. And how could like this go wrong? And why did we have to find this out after being send from place to place to pick them up, when all along they where never there?

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 758
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Arradin » 29 Jun 2019, 14:30

Ike wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 13:55
I also would like to know this. And how could like this go wrong? And why did we have to find this out after being send from place to place to pick them up, when all along they where never there?
Im not aware of the issue, please send an email to payment@berget-events.com and they Will help you with a refund. Sorry about that!
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

V-22
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 11:47
Location: Norway

Re: Feedback - General

Post by V-22 » 30 Jun 2019, 13:53

Berget portal playerlist :
TFC : 911
GFM : 953

This is what the list claim is the correct ammount of players for each side.
There was alot of roumors going around in the TFC camp about those numbers beeing very wrong.
I understand there are people that doesnt show and some change sides when they show up so the numbers isnt 100% correct.

We heard at one point that GFM was closer to 1,200 players and TFC was 700 or less, wich is a 500 player difference. Thats almost 2:1.
I always felt like if we in TFC had 50 players in an attack, GFM showed up with 100 players everytime.
If those numbers are correct i really dont understand why the GFM side were given the armor support.
Those numbers were never actually confirmed but would be nice to get that sort of information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAVS pickup

We spend alot of time waiting in line to get a single 40MM.
Most of it was because of the contract everyone had to sign with all the information was done when it was your turn to sign it out.
Eventually they realized and handed the contacts out to the people in the waiting line so they could fill in before reaching their turn.
Those who has pre-ordered BAVS should get those contracts to sign at the Check-in with their armband and other stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command structure and information sharing

Battalion briefs Company Commanders
Company Commanders brief Platoon Leaders
Platoon Leaders brief Squad Leaders
Squad Leaders brief their soldiers

Everyone gets all the information they need to complete the assigned missions.
Everyone knows what the other units are doing so that there is no confusion.
But what happens when the Commanders doesnt get all the information??? Confusion and a litte chaos.

There is small stuff like knowing the field challenge password.
First night there was alot of TFC yelling BlUE and GFM answering with : YEAH Blue, then shooting when TFC came out.
There even was cases of GFM yelling BLUE and other GFM yealling BLUE back and friendly fire happened.......

The field password was not shared enough and eventually alot of TFC never believed anyone that yelled BLUE in the field and was very confused when they turned out to be TFC that simply didnt know the real password.

It truly isnt nice when you only know your own mission but not what the end goal is for for the rest of TFC forces for the entire day.
B16 - NAF Foxtrot Company Infantry
B17 - TFC Alfa Company Infantry

Chopstyxx
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 19:52
Location: Stavanger, Norway FROM NEW ZEALAND

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Chopstyxx » 30 Jun 2019, 14:06

This is probably the worst berget I have experienced. Being my sixth berget I can say for sure that something has gone wrong somewhere. Not to mention the fucking team "balancing" was non existent. What a cluster --- SPAM !!! ---.

Felt like crew wanted the blues to fail miserably in every aspect. To be honest. It wasnt worth the time or money this year. Not to mention we never got our maps we ordered. I wonder when we will get refunded for the maps. Hell. Should refund us for The game. What a waste of fucking time. If it wasn't for my team mates and friends. I would have left a lot sooner.

I honestly have nothing else to say apart from that this year was fucking shit. Berget sort your shit out fix these fucking issues. Hell. The money you get from tickets should be more than substantial to cover all variables related with the logistics of a game this huge.

If anything will bring me back. It is the 10 year of service patch.... hell probably wont have anymore soon.

Sort your shit out. Please
B12: PMC UNISEC
B13: GCT 205th Airborne, A1 S4
B14: NAF INFANTRY " ALPHA COMPANY " ACE Company Platoon Leader
B15: NAF INFANTRY " ALPHA COMPANY " ACE Company Commander
B16: NAF INFANTRY " ALPHA COMPANY " ACE Company Commander
B17: TFC 110th SIU MP Section Commander OPS

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 758
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Arradin » 30 Jun 2019, 21:34

V-22 wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 13:53
Berget portal playerlist :
TFC : 911
GFM : 953

This is what the list claim is the correct ammount of players for each side.
There was alot of roumors going around in the TFC camp about those numbers beeing very wrong.
I understand there are people that doesnt show and some change sides when they show up so the numbers isnt 100% correct.

We heard at one point that GFM was closer to 1,200 players and TFC was 700 or less, wich is a 500 player difference. Thats almost 2:1.
I always felt like if we in TFC had 50 players in an attack, GFM showed up with 100 players everytime.
If those numbers are correct i really dont understand why the GFM side were given the armor support.
Those numbers were never actually confirmed but would be nice to get that sort of information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAVS pickup

We spend alot of time waiting in line to get a single 40MM.
Most of it was because of the contract everyone had to sign with all the information was done when it was your turn to sign it out.
Eventually they realized and handed the contacts out to the people in the waiting line so they could fill in before reaching their turn.
Those who has pre-ordered BAVS should get those contracts to sign at the Check-in with their armband and other stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command structure and information sharing

Battalion briefs Company Commanders
Company Commanders brief Platoon Leaders
Platoon Leaders brief Squad Leaders
Squad Leaders brief their soldiers

Everyone gets all the information they need to complete the assigned missions.
Everyone knows what the other units are doing so that there is no confusion.
But what happens when the Commanders doesnt get all the information??? Confusion and a litte chaos.

There is small stuff like knowing the field challenge password.
First night there was alot of TFC yelling BlUE and GFM answering with : YEAH Blue, then shooting when TFC came out.
There even was cases of GFM yelling BLUE and other GFM yealling BLUE back and friendly fire happened.......

The field password was not shared enough and eventually alot of TFC never believed anyone that yelled BLUE in the field and was very confused when they turned out to be TFC that simply didnt know the real password.

It truly isnt nice when you only know your own mission but not what the end goal is for for the rest of TFC forces for the entire day.
Thank you for excellent feedback!

The numbers are the correct number of Paid tickets, we only let a few more people beside that play for free ( Both teams HQs for example )
1200 red players is absurd - There were plenty of blue players " visiting " red base that can tell thats not true, and you can also just ask any red player who will say its silly. But rumours are rumours.
I will respond to Balance issue in another post below this.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding the BAVS pickup, thats a good idea!

Regarding command structure, Ace will follow up and comment on this im sure.

Thank you again for constructive feedback!
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 758
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Arradin » 30 Jun 2019, 22:01

Chopstyxx wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 14:06
This is probably the worst berget I have experienced. Being my sixth berget I can say for sure that something has gone wrong somewhere. Not to mention the fucking team "balancing" was non existent. What a cluster --- SPAM !!! ---.

Felt like crew wanted the blues to fail miserably in every aspect. To be honest. It wasnt worth the time or money this year. Not to mention we never got our maps we ordered. I wonder when we will get refunded for the maps. Hell. Should refund us for The game. What a waste of fucking time. If it wasn't for my team mates and friends. I would have left a lot sooner.

I honestly have nothing else to say apart from that this year was fucking shit. Berget sort your shit out fix these fucking issues. Hell. The money you get from tickets should be more than substantial to cover all variables related with the logistics of a game this huge.

If anything will bring me back. It is the 10 year of service patch.... hell probably wont have anymore soon.

Sort your shit out. Please
Hello Chop, Thank you for your feedback!

It's really sad to see that you had such a horrible game, and for people who dont have the entire picture - I can understand that it feels like a game balance issue, but that is FAR from the truth and i will explain why:

The player number and mechanized numbers were extremely even, and the BAVS Units was evenly distributed between the teams.

The red had more heavy ( max level ) Vehicles, but that is out of our control. They are all normal players ( including the tanks ) and we cant and wont force anyone to a specific team. We did that earlier years with the tanks, but that is extremely unfair to Tom who owns and pay for the tanks.
Red also had two rocket launcher BAAS to shoot down drones ( But barely damage vehicles )

But, even with the extremely even player numbers on both sides, we quickly noticed a game imbalance were blue couldnt reach far out on the map, so we threw everything we had to help the blue side:

1) Blue had unlimited access to drone without re-building the required landing strip and get drone fuel. ( This was however completed by blue on day 2 )
2) Red had to get tank fuel to use tanks by completing side missions and then collecting the fuel by airdrops randomly in the field. They put prio on this and completed it several times.
3) We took away red sam site so they didnt have anti air.
4) Blue got unlimited access to Attack helicopters that could not get shot down(!), and it killed tanks ( and other vehicles ) if deployed to a specific grid
5) Blue got 2 mortars with unlimited amount of mortar shots, Red had one mortar but never got any mortar shells thruout the entire game for balance.
6) Blue got Civilian ambulance and field hospital ( Both mobile respawn points ) from start of game. ( Ambulance helped red later because they got backstabbed by blues, and i actually had to force them out of the fights by making shit up, to make it balanced. Sorry Ambulance guys. )
7) Blue got MANY hours head start on some missions whilst red got it 15 minutes before, but both teams had the same deadline and location.
8) Blue got one of our spare(Backup) Rocket launcher that could take out vehicles instead of drones...

Etc.

These were not planned before the game , its something we adjusted as the game went on to make it more balanced.

I know that this seems VERY unfair to red players reading this, if anything we heavily favoured blue team in efforts to make it more balanced.

The balance issue was not game mechanic related, Nor was it player number related.

But i want you to be back, and i would gladly listen to any suggestions on your end how to improve the balance of the game.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

User avatar
Archangel-17
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Jul 2017, 23:13
Location: NLD

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Archangel-17 » 30 Jun 2019, 23:50

I have a complaint. Our SAM-sites were taken away, we didn't got to use our mortars and blue attack helicopters were invincible!

:P
B11-B17

BigDane
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 59
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 21:26
Location: Finland

Re: Feedback - General

Post by BigDane » 01 Jul 2019, 05:42

Overall, worst Berget i’ve been. We were Scorpions, and we supposed to be LARP-unit, but nooooo, we were just a part of infantry with light vehicles. Basically whole game was a war of vehicles!
All missions be like ”go there and hold on for 6hrs”, luckily we detached from our platoon and started to do things our way (larping and messing around on drugs).

Last Berget for me, especially if next is in Sollefteå again.

We want our money back!
We want Härnösand back!
S.R.A.P.E

G-TAC_Noclip
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 Nov 2018, 09:55

Re: Feedback - General

Post by G-TAC_Noclip » 01 Jul 2019, 09:44

I have to agree that the way Scorpions were handeled were not according to pre-game info. From the initial outlook it seemed as if they were going to be a rouge team of ex-mil and pmc. Sort of doing their own thing and taking missions for money and heavy focus on drugs.

Here i have to give a hell of a lot of cred to our leader who did the absolute damn best with what he was given. We had the opportunity to actually play a bit like we first imagined we would and focused on being our own cell within the military. We ofc joined in on every main mission, which were basic infantry stuff. Haha and carrying the barrels up to the fortress was mindblowing, im sure almost everyone had a moment were they wanted to just throw em an ago back to base.

This was our first Berget, and i have to say we had fun. And yes the lack of blue engagement was prolly out of Berget crews control, as it seems. Which for us was the biggest letdown. But please next Berget if you have something like the Scorpions again, make them stand out, make them a rogue force that's being held on a leash by money. Not by loyalty to command and orders. And give more open missions to them so they are distinguished from infantry. I'd love to see more freedom within boundries of actually delivering objectives. We made our own LARP so on that part I think we got what we wanted from the RP side of it.

Oh and give more story after missions, have news sent via an app or do something that keeps it going forward. What happens after all the missions. I'd love to see more feedback (in game). Give troops something for a mission well done! Give them rewards.

However i have to say, the final convoy mission was really amazing. That was an awesome fight. Like i said we had fun, but the lack of fights were sadly the biggest letdown.

seaQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 39
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 18:52

Re: Feedback - General

Post by seaQ » 01 Jul 2019, 11:04

Played as GFM Mech

+++ Armbands! Finally a quality armband, please keep thoose for future events.
+++ Chrono with higher weights and also recording all the information.
+++ Random chrono during (don't know how many of these you did but atleast we had to do it) game to make sure all were still using same setups.
+ Multiple choices in the kiosk and decent prices on the hamburgers.
+ Trash collection, still working flawlessly!
+ Water supply working perfect, although we had lousy pressure the first 2 days in the red base but you fixed that later.
+ Forts at CP4. Its cool to find these buildings in random places. Please build more of them!
+ Radiation mission and all parts of it (Had no part of it except covering the fort and extraction of the barrels, still cool though).
+ Red team command structure was good and communication on telegram was nice. However, bigger orders like the last mission should have been announced on main telegram channel.

+/- Toilets, emptied once a day. Felt like they could have been cleaned more though and more often refilled with paper.

- Balance issues, although reading your response Arradin I feel like there is nothing more Berget Crew could have done.
- Bavs mounting should start when vehicle checkin started. Many of us has also been to Berget enough times to know where and how to mount the recievers, so if you hand the hardware out in the queue togheter with 3 large zipties and 3-5 smaller ones, all could be mounted directly in the queue.
- Booking of BAVS stuff should be announced earlier. Although this time we got lucky and got to rent a 40mm that never got collected.

- Friendly fire rules were a bit strange, if the enemy team shot their teammate by accident they didn't count it as a hit. When talking to "Security" on site they said a hit counts no-matter who it came from. We came across this both on the blue and red side. Perhaps the rule needs clarification.
Berget Games does not have friendly fire, and players are not allowed to purposly act against their own team either directly by shooting or knifekilling player on their own team, or indirectly by giving away information that would give your team an disadvantage.
Last edited by seaQ on 01 Jul 2019, 12:42, edited 3 times in total.
B8 - Civilian
B9 - Civilian
B10 - Civilian
B11 - UA17
B12 - UNISEC Mechanized (Review: http://goo.gl/kMm0lV)
B13 - Ikaros Corp - QRF (Review: http://goo.gl/dc4vQz)
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - UPIR IRON Skulls
B16 - PMC Mechanized
B17 - GFM Mechanized

Panzergraf
Major
Major
Posts: 656
Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:04
Location: Norway

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Panzergraf » 01 Jul 2019, 11:33

+Base logistics were good this year
+Missions were generally good also
+Capture system works great!
+The village and LARP bits seemed like they worked well without being disruptive to the game in general - it never felt like our war game was put on hold because someone wanted to play house.
+Armbands were pretty good, but the velcro on some of them was reversed, so you couldn't attach them to the shoulder-velcro on your uniform. I will still keep mine and re-use it for local games!
+Red team command structure worked well. Thanks to all in the HQ!


-It's a shame about the balance. Why did so few blue players turn up? In the booked player list it was almost even between red and blue.
-There was A LOT of BAVS in play this year, and AFAIK the SAM launchers were highly effective against vehicles also.
-BAVS mounting and vehicle check in - why not combine these?
-BAVS system still has some issues. I would like it if the receiver box had a little green diode or something to tell the vehicle crew that it's on. It's almost impossible to tell if the display is on or not unless you're looking directly at it, and we did experience that the battery had ran out and our BAVS was off without us noticing... The AT4 is also still a bit over-powered, on a clear evening the range is just insane.

---As the guys above me wrote, what the heck was up with those friendly fire rules? A hit is a hit!
----This website! I keep getting errors when trying to log in or post. Did you forget to pay your server host?
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 758
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Arradin » 01 Jul 2019, 12:12

seaQ wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 11:04
Played as GFM Mech

+++ Armbands! Finally a quality armband, please keep thoose for future events.
+++ Chrono with higher weights and also recording all the information.
+++ Random chrono during (don't know how many of these you did but atleast we had to do it) game to make sure all were still using same setups.
+ Multiple choices in the kiosk and decent prices on the hamburgers.
+ Trash collection, still working flawlessly!
+ Water supply working perfect, although we had lousy pressure the first 2 days in the red base but you fixed that later.
+ Forts at CP4. Its cool to find these buildings in random places. Please build more of them!
+ Radiation mission and all parts of it (Had no part of it except covering the fort and extraction of the barrels, still cool though).
+ Red team command structure was good and communication on telegram was nice. However, bigger orders like the last mission should have been announced on main telegram channel.

+/- Toilets, emptied once a day. Felt like they could have been cleaned more though and more often refilled with paper.

- Balance issues, although reading your response Arradin I feel like there is nothing more Berget Crew could have done.
- Bavs mounting should start when vehicle checkin started. Many of us has also been to Berget enough times to know where and how to mount the recievers, so if you hand the hardware out in the queue togheter with 3 large zipties and 3-5 smaller ones, all could be mounted directly in the queue.
- Booking of BAVS stuff should be announced earlier. Although this time we got lucky and got to rent a 40mm that never got collected.

- Friendly fire rules were a bit strange, if the enemy team shot their teammate by accident they didn't count it as a hit. When talking to "Security" on site they said a hit counts no-matter who it came from. We came across this both on the blue and red side. Perhaps the rule needs clarification.
Berget Games does not have friendly fire, and players are not allowed to purposly act against their own team either directly by shooting or knifekilling player on their own team, or indirectly by giving away information that would give your team an disadvantage.
Thank you for excellent constructive feedback, its all being collected and we go thru it all.

Regarding the last mission, that was most likely not your HQs fault. They got the mission with 15 minutes deadline to leave - This was done on purpose for balance reasons, and give blue a chance to fortify ambush positions. It worked well, it seems.

Regarding friendly fire, i went there now to instantly clarify the rule, but it is clarified literally one line under what you quoted with
" NOTE: You must always take your hits regardless where the shot came from, but as always do not argue - Report to a GM if you feel that a rule has been broken and continue playing as normal. " ( ????????????????? ) ;)

Thank you again!
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 758
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Feedback - General

Post by Arradin » 01 Jul 2019, 12:26

Panzergraf wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 11:33
+Base logistics were good this year
+Missions were generally good also
+Capture system works great!
+The village and LARP bits seemed like they worked well without being disruptive to the game in general - it never felt like our war game was put on hold because someone wanted to play house.
+Armbands were pretty good, but the velcro on some of them was reversed, so you couldn't attach them to the shoulder-velcro on your uniform. I will still keep mine and re-use it for local games!
+Red team command structure worked well. Thanks to all in the HQ!


-It's a shame about the balance. Why did so few blue players turn up? In the booked player list it was almost even between red and blue.
-There was A LOT of BAVS in play this year, and AFAIK the SAM launchers were highly effective against vehicles also.
-BAVS mounting and vehicle check in - why not combine these?
-BAVS system still has some issues. I would like it if the receiver box had a little green diode or something to tell the vehicle crew that it's on. It's almost impossible to tell if the display is on or not unless you're looking directly at it, and we did experience that the battery had ran out and our BAVS was off without us noticing... The AT4 is also still a bit over-powered, on a clear evening the range is just insane.

---As the guys above me wrote, what the heck was up with those friendly fire rules? A hit is a hit!
----This website! I keep getting errors when trying to log in or post. Did you forget to pay your server host?
Thank you for excellent feedback, will be compiled and sent on.

Some comments:

" -There was A LOT of BAVS in play this year, and AFAIK the SAM launchers were highly effective against vehicles also. "
They were effective against level 1 vehicles if you shot all 4 shots at them. Each shot did 1/3 of a hitpoint i think.

" -BAVS mounting and vehicle check in - why not combine these? "
Yes. Just yes :)

" -BAVS system still has some issues. I would like it if the receiver box had a little green diode or something to tell the vehicle crew that it's on. It's almost impossible to tell if the display is on or not unless you're looking directly at it, and we did experience that the battery had ran out and our BAVS was off without us noticing... The AT4 is also still a bit over-powered, on a clear evening the range is just insane. "
The system flash red when its on with 20-30 sec inbetween. We wanted to have a constant light, but something was holding that back. Either way, this feedback i agree with ( we all do ) and it has been sent on with the other stuff

Thank you!
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Post Reply