Berget 8 in the newspaper?

Media from previus events
Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Berget 8 in the newspaper?

Post by Eldoriath » 21 Jun 2010, 20:49

I saw that there was an article about B8 in a newspaper, but don't remember which. Can someone say which it was? Or even give a linky to the web-article if there is one.
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Stig
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Stig » 21 Jun 2010, 21:47

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 21 Jun 2010, 22:51

__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 22 Jun 2010, 01:20

Thanks a ton guys =)
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Whosu
Private
Private

Post by Whosu » 22 Jun 2010, 02:05

Could someone make a translation of the newspaper report to english? My swedish is a bit rusty so I couldn't understand the whole report :P
Berget 6, SRP Snake 3
Berget 8, Poldavian 1st Inf, 1st Coy, Hammer 4 Squad leader

diamid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by diamid » 22 Jun 2010, 02:25

I have given it a try, eventhou I'm norwegian :P
There is two more aticals linked in the newspaper. One just statet that Berget it's not useing the old military site, and the other is about protest against the games, due to the animal life. Sine this is the time during the year animals give birth. Some people is therefor afraid that all the noise we make will disrupt them.

The artical:

"In Safezone its magazine out, says AnnaCarin Löfgren, Press officer in Berget 8, the wargame which is currently being fought on Remsleberget of Sollefteå.

FACTS
Berget Events will organise Berget 8, Sweden’s largest Airsoft-events.
Airsoft is a hobby exercised with airsoftweapons.
A shot players must cry out HIT or MEDIC to highlight that he or she has been hit and must then to get to a spawn and wait for 30 minutes in order to play again.
There are no winners or losers. The objective of Berget 8 is to have such a good experience as possible and to have fun.
The game will be held in Sollefteå between Wednesday, 16 th and 19 th June

Artical
The entire event is structured around a scenario where the fictional country Poldavien sells uranium to finance its army. Something NAF (northen Alliance Force) do not accept and war breaks out.

– In total, it is 1 400 persons participating from more than 30 different countries and the taking it very seriously. For us, it takes throughout the year to plan ahead. I would not wish to speculate in how much money it will cost but it is all we draw in we add props. No one earns any money at the event. It is only volunters who works here.

We are approaching a checkpoint. Löfgren show them the Berget-crew card and we get to pass through. The guard gives us a long eye and I show him my little deathrag to show that I am not a spy from the enemy.

– We are now in games now and people take it seriously. This is the largest RPG of this type in Sweden.

A group warrior comes out of a tent. They are out on mission and hopes for a battle.

– This is their world, is now clear that they have given resentment against the enemy!

Gregorg Hoefkens or "Shaggrath" which is his nick in the game has come from France to participate.

– We have been out on patrol in the forest, traced and driven NAF whole days. At night sleep we in tents. It will become three days in the field."
Last edited by diamid on 22 Jun 2010, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
diamid
Proud member of 6MM
Email: diamid@6mm.se

B7: SF Sqd Leader - Yuri Orlovs Mercs
B8: CoyLeader - Sixth Mercs
B11: Batalion XO - Raven Guerillia
B13: Commander - IKAROS Minerva Infantry

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 22 Jun 2010, 02:29

This is a rough translation. Hope it will do!

The war is On!
Sollefteå

In SafeZone it's magazine out says Anna-Carin Lögfren, in charge of press for Berget 8, a war roleplaying game that is currently being fought on Remsleberget in Sollefteå.

The whole event is built up around a scenario where the imaginative country Poldavien is selling uranium in order to finance their army. Something that the NAF (Northern Alliance Force) doesn't accept and war breaks out.

- In total there are 1400 people participating from over 30 different countries and they take this game very seriously. For us it takes the whole year to prepare. I don't want to speculate in how much money it costs, but the money we get in we turn it into scenary. No one is making any money out of this event. There are only people with great passion that works here.

We are nearing a roadblock. Lögfren showes her CrewBadge and gets to pass. The guard on duty gives us a long searching look and I start to wave a little with my orange piece of cloth to show that I'm not a spy from the enemy forces.

- We are now inside the gamearea and people are taking it serious. This is the biggest roleplaying event of this kind in Sweden.

A group of hardend warriors emerges from a tent. They are going out on a mission and wishes for a firefight.

- This is their world, so I can understand why they have a grudge towards the enemyside.

Gregorg Hoefkens or "Shaggrath" that he calls himself in the game, has travelled as far as from France in order to participate.

- We have been out on patrols in the woods, tracking and hunting NAF the whole day. During the night we sleep in our tents. We stay for three days in the field.
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

Whosu
Private
Private

Post by Whosu » 22 Jun 2010, 15:35

Thanks a lot guys, I now got those parts I didn't understand myself.
Berget 6, SRP Snake 3
Berget 8, Poldavian 1st Inf, 1st Coy, Hammer 4 Squad leader

Sfinx
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Sfinx » 23 Jun 2010, 21:01

MrMedic wrote:Swedish televisions report from Arbedid valley
http://svtplay.se/v/2042391/brak_om_kri ... _solleftea

TV4 report:
http://www.tv4play.se/nyheter/lokala_ny ... =1.1685331
I cant belive they actualy used this footage of me... agrrrr...... With all that stage fright in front of camera....

Styx[HU]
Private
Private

Post by Styx[HU] » 23 Jun 2010, 23:48

Sfinx wrote:I cant belive they actualy used this footage of me... agrrrr...... With all that stage fright in front of camera....
I like that footage, you are cute :P :lol:
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B9 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian...

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 24 Jun 2010, 00:43

I mostly liked the fact that a report filmed in 1st inf base got taken over by 3rd mountainers ;) Good job ;)
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 24 Jun 2010, 02:33

Sfinx, you did great!

The 3rd Mtn. was always at the 1st base at the right moment! First we outflanked and mopped up a nice chunk of NAF forces in the forest, then we also stole that interview. :P
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 24 Jun 2010, 03:28

Nice job of infiltrating the interview!
Good show, Sfinx.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Infinity
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Infinity » 24 Jun 2010, 10:54

Yup, Nice interview ;)

Sfinx
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Sfinx » 24 Jun 2010, 14:12

Tiger_1 wrote:I mostly liked the fact that a report filmed in 1st inf base got taken over by 3rd mountainers ;) Good job ;)
We certanly did. We where also recorded for the radio. They needed authentic airsoft sounds.
It was so funny ....
The producer wanted us to shoot and simulate airsoft battle with empty magazines. We explained him, that is no go cause it is bad for gearbox, so we shoot with bbs in mag. As soon as we started shooting in near bushes and screaming I cover you , go... go.. etc.. , some guys (i think Italians from 1st) ran into bushes and look for the enemy. :D One of our guys told them that it is only for the radio, but they didnt get it :)