Encourage people to simulate getting hit?

Topics and things concerning this game.
Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Encourage people to simulate getting hit?

Post by Cpt » 21 May 2007, 20:41

Do Berget crew encourage players to simulate a hit, and fall to the ground, crying and whimpering and such? I hope you do, I for one will "hide" my "HIT!" in something like "ArhhgHiiiittrgah". And then fall to the ground.

One thing I hope I don't see is someone standing with a raised hand in the air after getting hit. For example like the M249/camera guy in the Operation Irene movie. At least have the balls to lay down and maybe even get some- dear God no- DUST and DIRT on your uniform :cry:

Just my thoughts.

Löwe

Post by Löwe » 21 May 2007, 22:32

I'm gonna scream like hell if I get his, especially if I get hit in the torso.
Hope everyone will do the same. The feeling gets so much highter if
people add a little milsim to the whole game.

Torak

Post by Torak » 21 May 2007, 22:40

From a roleplaying standpoint that's great fun, but there are problems.

First of all, there's the possibility that it will be misinterpreted as a genuine injury, leading to a stop in the game. Secondly, unless "Hit" or "Medic" are clearly heard, it's easy to believe that the person is trying to avoid taking their hits, which can result in long bursts of fire to "make sure", which in turn leads to considerable acrimony.

So the bottom line is this, I suppose: feel free to simulate the wound, and so on, but make sure your hit indication is loud and clear.

Emher
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Emher » 21 May 2007, 23:24

Well I'll probably indicate it by a loud angry "HIT!" followed by cursing like ususal :lol: Also dropping to the deck.

TENGILL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TENGILL » 22 May 2007, 18:22

As some one from the Live Rollplaying community i really hope that ppl rollplay when thay get hit, as this adds to the confusion.

About the part of people geting shoot on the ground when thay are hit, well if you put on your red/orange bright head gear that tells me you are out... guess what, i wont shoot you.

So maby we can do it like this.
1) You get (god forbid) hit by the nmy.
2) You put your hand up and clearly say "HIT".
3) You put your nice Orange head gear on and hit the ground.
4) you start screeming like you just... well... got shoot.

Could this work?
Gl?m inte " T T T".
T?m Tarm och Task.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 22 May 2007, 18:38

Tengill, I'm sure that would work great. But actually, roleplay and think and people will probably know what's going on.

How I've "planned it" so far: If I get hit I will yell "MEDIC!" as loud as possible, roll over to my back or side (non-aggro possition) depending on gear and then just lay there with my hands off of my weapon and groan/scream/call out for our team medic in a "very hurt and painful voice".

If I get hit again...so what. More "MEDIC!"-shouting to make people understand that they're hit. It's not like dead soldiers aren't shot again just because someone new sees them and aren't sure.

Oh, and about mixing up fake and real damage. That is a problem. But if I fall and hurt myself in real life and I am aware enough to think I'd loudly as --- SPAM !!! --- call out "BREAK!!! I'm REALY bleeding here. I need a real doctor, NOW!" and make sure people helped out. And besides, if you've heard someone hurt themselves in real life you know that a fake scream is not the same as the real thing. So if someone screams TOO much...check him/her out.

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 22 May 2007, 19:43

Maybe we could have a safe-word like...dishwasher.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 22 May 2007, 23:10

He he, perhaps. ;) But I guess shouting "BREAK!!!" and bleeding will be enough. ;p

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 22 May 2007, 23:10

In LARP events they use "hold" as to clarify that something really has happened.
I e: HOLD! I think i broke my leg here (mixed with agonized screms of course).

Hold is, AFAIK, commonly used as a safe word on LARP events. Could work here as well.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 22 May 2007, 23:15

Actually, I stoped being lazy and looked, the Rules-page say this:

Game Off
If you at any time feel uncomfortable, or if you want to break for any reason, simply say ”off-game”. You then cease to exist in-game, and everyone around you continues as if you were not there. This is particularly intended for people who do not wish to be searched or restrained. It may not be used as a loophole to get past guards – it is not an invisibility cloak. If you have used the off-game rule (other than for a search, as above) you should immediately return to your safezone and re-spawn. You can also use it to comment off game, if for instance you simply want the role playing toned down a bit.

Game On
If the game is for any reason called "game off", the call to resume is "game on".

So we have an official ruling on it, although "hold", "break" or other such words will probably do. After all, anything like "Oh --- SPAM !!! ---, I think I actually broke my leg" (filled with the screams of agony of course) and a not-so-straight leg will make just about anyone know it's not realy happening. While LARPing I myself have never had any problems. When people do bad things it's usually a "Oh shit, I cut myself for real" and most will understand right away that it's not fake blood due to the way people act (or...not act realy ;).

RRP Taksi

Post by RRP Taksi » 23 May 2007, 16:19

Its always good to be as LOUD as possible to make shure everybody understands your hit..
When a couple of platoons engage it can be hard to distinguish a peeping "hit" from the clatter off full auto and various yelling...

HIT-HIT-HIT F*****G HIT!!! works 4 me.. :D
(Thats what my enemies usually scream anyway..) :P

HTN02

Post by HTN02 » 23 May 2007, 16:44

once, during a skirmish, there would be a suprise element...

i saw someone runing, jumping into an hole and saying. i broke my leg. nothing more just that. (saying, not screaming)

as the platoon's commander, i ordered some support, and i start crawling there.

when i arrived, i put my head over the edge, and the first thing i saw was a piece of bone... sticking out of his leg...

but game-off rule is there, and can be used right?

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: Encourage people to simulate getting hit?

Post by Berget-events » 23 May 2007, 16:51

Cpt wrote:Do Berget crew encourage players to simulate a hit, and fall to the ground, crying and whimpering and such? I hope you do, I for one will "hide" my "HIT!" in something like "ArhhgHiiiittrgah". And then fall to the ground.

One thing I hope I don't see is someone standing with a raised hand in the air after getting hit. For example like the M249/camera guy in the Operation Irene movie. At least have the balls to lay down and maybe even get some- dear God no- DUST and DIRT on your uniform :cry:

Just my thoughts.
We only encourage people to lay down after being hit

Quoute from rules page:

- "We want to emphasize the importance if remaining still after being shot, rather than sauntering around with your weapon on your head to observe the battle. After bleeding out, go to the nearest friendly re-spawn."
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Mercy
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mercy » 25 May 2007, 04:42

I thought of this as I was wrapping up bandages and thinking about all the dramatic and heroic actions I'm gonna perform at B5. When it occrued to me, being a roleplayer, that if you are hit, you should announce where they are hit when a medic is gonna treat them.

"Why?" I hear you ask.
Because the medic don't know where he is hit otherwise! There is no wound, no entry point, no blood or anything to indicate where the poor shmuck has been hit! And I don't wanna ask "Where are you hit?", it just seem stupid. I only want this bacause of the roleplaying factor, I think that it's highly unlikelly that it will take two minutes to tie a bandage to someone. So what to do those 1.5 minutes that remains? You pretend to treat an actual injury. just spend some time calming him down, pretend to administer morfine, do something to keep up the spirit of the game. It's enough if the wounded guy scream;"I'm hit! Oh god, right in my arm!" Or something like that, so that the medic knows.

To break it down:
1. The medic arrives
2. The wounded subtly tells the medic where all the blood and gore is
3. The medic ties a bandage to the arm of the poor guy
4. For the remaining time he pretend to treat the hit area

And that's about it. I guess it's up to you if you want to do this or not. I know I will...
Team Bulletproof Secretary

3:e Pluton - Bas.S?k [Charlie-Sierra] 2:2

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 25 May 2007, 13:31

Don't have much to add to Mercy's post. But such a great post deserves some acknowledgement!

I for one will try to lay down as fast as possible without REALY hurting myself, while screaming "MEDIC!!!! AAAAARGH! MEDIC!!!" and then presumably go on by holding tight onto where I'm hit and, as Mercy said, go something like "Aaaah, my leg, oh f*ck oh f*ck, they hit my leg. Bleeding badly here. MEDIC!!!"

And about the two minutes...the medic will just have to roll the bandage very slowly and carefully. ;p