Can the nmy "heal" me if im shoot?.

Topics and things concerning this game.
TENGILL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Can the nmy "heal" me if im shoot?.

Post by TENGILL » 22 May 2007, 18:15

My Q is this.
If i get shoot, can the nmy heal me and take me prisoner?
I hope that this is not the case.
My opinion is that only medics on your team can fix you upp.
This way players must think before fire.
If you are on a mission to cap a nmy for interegation, you can simply shoot down all nmys, the target included, then only heal your target and take him to base, this is not fun imo.
I would like to have the players in that type off senario needing to identify the target and keep it alive.

Now i guess your going to ask me "well what if he kills him self"
I think we should say that you cant do that, as it would be bad sportsmanship

Maby this is how it will be all ready, but i just wanted to make shore.
Its beter to ask one stupid question, then taking the flag to the main safe zone and not your base.
Gl?m inte " T T T".
T?m Tarm och Task.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 22 May 2007, 18:31

This is, in one way, all sound and well. Taking prisoners might be a bit too easy (but then again, being a prisoner won't last the whole game anyways, so...)

But on the other hand, if you try to take a prisoner that person knows that either he fights and gets killed or he's a prisoner. 15 minutes of bleeding + time in safezone (unless he's mercy-knifekilled), or a lot more time as a prisoner. So actually, death sounds a lot better. ;)

So it's all down to good sportsmanship. And if we have to rely on that anyways, why not just ask the players to not take prisoners all the time, just when they feel it's important to do so (say, you've managed to down a SF-group and have their group leader). Besides, having a prisoner isn't all that great. I know that I as a prisoner would try to slow the group down, escape if possible or atleast be very very annoying (not so far as getting killed perhaps, that's bad roleplaying/sportsmanship). I'd keep this up for as long as I would have in RL (which depends on how the group treats me as a prisoner though).

So basically, there is no good way to solve this problem without either setting up a "prisoner quota" so that people avoid prisoners if they don't realy feel it's a good thing, or people just have to be good players.

And besides, few groups will probably enjoy dragging a prisoner along in an assault, or behind enemy lines, or just generally where they are not safe. ;)

TENGILL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TENGILL » 22 May 2007, 18:39

Well i get your point...
But the nmy cant heal me and then drag me to there base?
If im down onlu my sides medics can do that?

Cus if not, then you kill ewrybody, then go find if there is a CO and heal him and drag back to base.

If you are hit you are out of game untill friendly medic heals you?
Gl?m inte " T T T".
T?m Tarm och Task.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 22 May 2007, 18:43

From what I've gathered by the homepage and posts here you can heal anyone you want. But remember, no grade marks will be worn (I guess...not 100% sure) so how do you know it's a CO? Únless you took the time to observe them? Something you'd have to to anyways if you wanted to know who not to shoot... ;)

Besides, who's said that the CO's players aren't prepared to knifekill their CO in a case of emergency? (I guess some won't, some will, all depends on the roleplaying I guess)

TENGILL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TENGILL » 22 May 2007, 18:48

Grade marks will be worn by some ppl on my side (Swedish)
I think that we need to make it so that only your sida can heal you (and any civilians naturally)
No one heals you then move to respawn after the time is up.
Gl?m inte " T T T".
T?m Tarm och Task.

eichenlaub
Newbee
Newbee

Post by eichenlaub » 23 May 2007, 00:41

If the person you want to take prisoner is armed and aware of your presence, the only way to neutralize him is to shoot him. (or to wait for him to run out of ammo...)

I mean if he has a gun he will try to shoot you rather than give up, even when he is totally surrounded, and if you don't want to shoot him, why should he?

No, I think that you'll have to live with the risk of being captured.

TENGILL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TENGILL » 23 May 2007, 06:13

I was hoping to add some realism, cus if you die you die.
But i guess that this is somthing that is hard to do... but now i know the awnser to my question :)
Thank you.
Gl?m inte " T T T".
T?m Tarm och Task.

eichenlaub
Newbee
Newbee

Post by eichenlaub » 23 May 2007, 11:33

TENGILL wrote: if you die you die.
Yes but when you are hit you are not dead, you are wounded.
If everybody died when hit, we wouldn't need any medics on any side, we wound need necromancers to raise peaple from the dead...
:shock:
Zombies!

Edit: Please note that i have no connection with the Berget crew, this is just my opinion as an airsofter.

Punisher

Post by Punisher » 23 May 2007, 11:59

why don't we use std rules for this?
If ure hit. ure wounded. (as has been said.)
And if U want to take someone prisoner.. shoot them, send a medic up and heal him, this way he is now your prisoner.
It works. has always worked.
And it takes no roleplaying.. I see this as an airsoftgame. not an roleplayinggame.
altough it's nice with some rp within ex. civilian groups (if there is such a thing at this event) or maybe in the command tent.. while drinking coffe :wink:

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 23 May 2007, 14:15

WHAT IS nmy? Q?

there is lots of non english people who doesn't understand slang especially with cut words. :evil:

Emher
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Emher » 23 May 2007, 14:27

Pretty sure it's supposed to be "enemy". Not the best slang ever.

Kamuffel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Kamuffel » 23 May 2007, 15:40

As I see it its pretty simple.

1. Shoot the guy
2. Go up and heal him
3. Tell him you are taking him prisoner
4. If he dont want to be taken prisoner, he just whispers "offgame" (same as with Confiscations) and sais he dont want to be taken prisoner.
4.1 If that happends he died from the wounds and he goes to respawn.
4.2 Othervise he will become a prisoner with (hopefully) some fun RolePlay before he is sent home/traded for other prisoners or executed.

If you are taking prisoners remember to give them some RolePlay moments, just to be sitting in a POW-camp half the game is no fun.
Remember that everyone has paid to have a good time.

RRP Taksi

Post by RRP Taksi » 23 May 2007, 16:15

If youre relly evil you heal the prisoner then knock him out and when he wakes up you take him to your base and knife him.. :roll:

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 23 May 2007, 16:55

Your medics CAN heal enemy´s BUT:

quote from rulespage:

- "If you at any time feel uncomfortable, or if you want to break for any reason, simply say ”off-game”. You then cease to exist in-game, and everyone around you continues as if you were not there. This is particularly intended for people who do not wish to be searched or restrained. It may not be used as a loophole to get past guards – it is not an invisibility cloak. If you have used the off-game rule (other than for a search, as above) you should immediately return to your safezone and re-spawn. You can also use it to comment off game, if for instance you simply want the role playing toned down a bit."
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Torak

Post by Torak » 23 May 2007, 16:57

eichenlaub wrote:
TENGILL wrote: if you die you die.
Yes but when you are hit you are not dead, you are wounded.
If everybody died when hit, we wouldn't need any medics on any side, we wound need necromancers to raise peaple from the dead...
:shock:
Zombies!
It's what I've always said, there are too few zombies at Berget.