Booby Traps..?

Topics and things concerning this game.
stoffi
Corporal
Corporal

Booby Traps..?

Post by stoffi » 11 Jun 2007, 13:48

Hi,
I've read the rules, but still have a question regarding booby-traps. I understand that normal players may not construct, nor may they use explosives, but it is not stated in the case of mines (Please note the difference between the two in the rules below). I understand that only engineers may disarm mines, but it does not say whether regular players may apply and arm them or not.

So, I am wondering, may we bring trip-wires such as beepers attached to string, so that enemies will set these off, counting the people within a 3m radius as hit, or perhaps use it as a detection device? May we bring our own beepers and use them in-game, is the main question?

Mines

Mines may be found in the game area, and you will notice if you set one off. Anyone within three meters of a detonating mine is considered hit, and should react accordingly. Only engineers may disarm mines. There are beeping mines, BB-shooting mines and mines with small pyrotechnic effect. All inflict a "hit" injury.??Anti-vehicle mines may also be found; they have an effect in terms of game mechanics only, and simply block a thoroughfare to vehicles. The mines must be cleared before any vehicle can pass. While engineers may disarm these mines, they may be booby-trapped; if one starts bleeping during removal, the engineer is considered hit.

Explosives

Explosives may be used to destroy objects like buildings, radio masts and doors. Only engineers may use explosives. Use of explosives requires a 10 meter safety perimeter, and enforcing this is the engineer’s responsibility. Explosives may only be used against objects, and they may not be thrown; they must be placed carefully. Rigging the charge must take at least two minutes. The charge we use is completely legal and detonates like a small firework.??Note: players may not construct their own explosives; all relevant players (engineers) will be briefed and issued explosives on the day.
B5 NATO, Special Forces
B6 General Conrads Mercenaries
B7 Milos Tigers, Mechanized
B8 NAF, Mechanized

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 11 Jun 2007, 13:55

Special forces have some extra skills that will be disclosed on location by Majk (your gamemaster). Bring beeping mines...
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

stoffi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stoffi » 11 Jun 2007, 20:04

Great! I'll bring 4-5 beeping mines and super-thin fishing line (0,20mm). Awesome. We gonna kick some butty.
B5 NATO, Special Forces
B8 NAF, Mechanized

JJ

Post by JJ » 11 Jun 2007, 20:17

Just make sure you let your friends in the main force know where you placed them.

stoffi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stoffi » 11 Jun 2007, 21:28

:D good idea!
B5 NATO, Special Forces
B8 NAF, Mechanized

Doff

Post by Doff » 11 Jun 2007, 21:39

no dount they have the skills to se them :P