WW2 Reenactor Statement

Topics and things concerning this game.
Kakashi

WW2 Reenactor Statement

Post by Kakashi » 19 Jun 2007, 19:46

Hello guys

First off I`d like to thank you for the great event, us Swiss really enjoyed our stay in Sweden.

However, one of the Soviets (maybe their commander, I`m not sure) came to me while I was in the main safe zone and informed me that some players felt uncomfortable about my appearance and that I should give a statement at the Russian Base later on.

However, this did not happen since the game was over a few hours later and I couldn`t find the guy who talked to me anymore, so I though it would be appropriate to give at least a statement on the forum.

My reenactment of the German army from the second world war serves no political or ideological purposes, I solely do reenactment out of an historical interest and I feel really sorry if someone felt offended by this.

I completely stopped playing after the Soviet Commander talked to me and if I should participate in next years Berget event I will leave my German equipment at home.

Greetings

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 19 Jun 2007, 20:16

Wasn't me talking to you... must have been someone else.

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Post by waffelke » 19 Jun 2007, 20:25

no was not me to so ,but i did see you walking ,verry nice ,dont t leave it home
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"
spetsnazcommander berget 5

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 19 Jun 2007, 20:46

Well, I am the guy who talked to you way earlier in game (was getting my toe fixed after an accident), and MY personal opinion as a fellow re-enactor is that the gear certainly did not fit the game theme. Yet, I don't think anyone should get offended by it, since all the military uniforms and gear have similar meaning to some other group of people. So... perhaps you should leave it home if it doesn't fit the theme, but you certainly shouldn't do it because someone felt he got offended (and didn't come to talk about it...?)

Anyways, here are some pictures of my re-enactment gear to a fellow re-enactor :)

Gefreiter Bauer after a firefight, tired yet happy

In middle of a firefight in a WW2 airsoft scenario

Serving tabacco to a american prisoner

From a filming of a new finnish war movie, to be released 6.12.2007

A bit outdated photo showing some of the gear I used in a airsoft-game

Re-enacting a SS-Schütze of a Machinegun group, retreating somewhere in eastern front

And as said above, it's purely non-political stuff that we do, re-enacting germans is just one part of what we do. ;)

Kakashi

Post by Kakashi » 19 Jun 2007, 21:21

@Roska:

Thanks for the feedback. Of course the political issue isn`t the only reason I`ll leave my gear at home but also the fact that I was about the only person with that kind of equipment, it really didn`t fit in with any of the rest...