Russian uniform

Topics and things concerning this game.
Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 15 Jan 2007, 17:16

there will be english translation soon.
Now you can see unifrorm for Russian Strikeball Army (RSA) that we all will dress upon ourselfs

http://nevskyrekses.xost.ru/Uniform/Uniform.html

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 23 Jan 2007, 19:18

As you may know there will be only uniform for whole russian team (*RSA*) - it's name "Flora".

We are going to equip ourselfs with this. So if anyone wants the same
we could help anyone to get russian camo.
In this way welcome to Russian section:
viewtopic.php?t=718

There you may post in english.

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 23 Jan 2007, 19:51

Vader [WG-A.I.M.] wrote:As you may know there will be only uniform for whole russian team (*RSA*) - it's name "Flora".

We are going to equip ourselfs with this. So if anyone wants the same
we could help anyone to get russian camo.
In this way welcome to Russian section:
viewtopic.php?t=718

There you may post in english.
Would you supply webbing and helmet to? Or just the uniform? How much would it all cost, roughly?

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 24 Jan 2007, 18:59

Webbing we will look for.
Helmets will not be sent due it's military only thing still in use. so it could be delivered with us, only.

The prices will be here soon.

Pépé Muerte

Post by Pépé Muerte » 15 Feb 2007, 18:56

Hi all,

Some news about webbing Vader ?
Personally i search a gunner chest rig to bring my RPK drum magazines.

tyke

Post by tyke » 16 Feb 2007, 09:54

I spoke to my team about getting some Russian gear, but since most are students, they cannot afford any extra expenses. Especially for a gear that would be used only once. We will be using our DPM and play as mercenary's.
We will wear our red armbands proudly...

Tyke/ Team HEKOS

sierrasierranorway
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sierrasierranorway » 16 Feb 2007, 10:33

I belieeve that if you play in jeans with a sivilian jacket would work grat, skip uniforms unless you dont have a russian one, and mix something, try to awoid complete alled uniforms are my adwise.
If anyone of you son of a bitches call me grandpa I kill you.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 16 Feb 2007, 10:59

I've started to wonder. I can understand that one might not play in allied uniforms if one wants to live (if I do, it's a risk I'll take).

But many people here has said "use civilian clothes". In a way, that kind of works I guess. But when I think of it, wouldn't it be the defence that would be having militia-type units? I mean, if Mother Russia sends out troops they would be in full uniform. If mercs join they would be professional soldiers and the, although VERY few, I've talked to never wore civvie clothes.

So if there would be civilian clothes I'm sure it would be on the militia on the NATO side...

And personally, I'd rather have a 100% allied uniform than light blue jeans and a one-tone jacket. I'd rather get some friendly fire than being seen miles and miles away by the enemy. ;) And besides, some people seem to say that an armband will be hard to see, others say that it will be a "beacon for enemy fire". I myself usually don't have any problems with seeing a red armband. And if people come in civilian clothes and hide their armband. Russian mercs or NATO-side militia?

Although as I see how many mercs and how very few russian solders there seems to be...I will reconsider my camo.

This is just food for thought and nothing else. Not trying to force anyone to wear anything special (how can I, in my planned flecktarn? ;).

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 16 Feb 2007, 14:33

There is lots of good discussion here, all with valid points of view;

The two core issues seem to be;
- Keeping in theme as milsim players
- Friendly Fire

With the milsim aspect, I totally support this point of view, it would be nice if everyone could afford all the right gear, but I accept that this is just not realistic. I am sure people will make whatever efforts they can to keep in theme.

When we talk about friendly fire, well, to be totally honest, I don't think uniform really matters at all. My reason why touches on the milsim aspect, as well as what I have seen at previous berget events. Firstly, if we talk "real world", WWII had 16% friendly fire casualties, Vietnam had 14%, the first Gulf War had 23%.... Blue on blue happens. And its allot more to do with situational awareness, then it is to do with mistaking uniforms.

At berget 4, I was commanding a company of guys, I had radio contact with "Sunray" the UN base (as well as each of the other company commanders), and on a separate channel I had contact with my 2IC and each of my 4 platoon commanders. The platoon commanders in turn had "eyes on" contact with each of their 4 squads.

We knew where we were, and via the UN command net, I was in constant communication with the other companies, so we knew (or could find out quickly), where they were. We had multiple daily briefings, and as far as I know, my company had zero blue-on-blue. This got seriously put to the test when a "bomb" took out the UN command tent, but even then, we managed to keep up decent communication.

This is not a weekend quick game, where we just run around shooting at whatever moves in front of us. We had rules of engagement, and a proper chain of command with its corresponding communication. This is part of what makes berget (and similar big games) fun for me, and I am seriously hoping that b5 can be an even better experience.

Yes it would be nice if we all fit the theme, but really, if things go the way they should, then you won't have to worry about friendly fire.

Torak

Post by Torak » 17 Feb 2007, 21:12

Not much to add there, really - Kris has it spot on.

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 19 Feb 2007, 15:32

Even though it is an extra expense, i plan to get a flora or flecktarn uniform. I know a place here in umeå (sweden) that sells many different patterned uniforms (used and new). The used ones is in good shape and a complete uniform comes in around 500-600 SEK (should translate into 60-80 Euros/US dollars very roughly.)
Though i will not put out the money to get complete russian style gear, that's to much of an expense.

Those who live nearby might know of them, Military shopen, or formerly known as Militära överskotts bolaget.

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 13 May 2007, 22:26

Eldoriath wrote:Even though it is an extra expense, i plan to get a flora or flecktarn uniform. I know a place here in umeå (sweden) that sells many different patterned uniforms (used and new). The used ones is in good shape and a complete uniform comes in around 500-600 SEK (should translate into 60-80 Euros/US dollars very roughly.)
Though i will not put out the money to get complete russian style gear, that's to much of an expense.

Those who live nearby might know of them, Military shopen, or formerly known as Militära överskotts bolaget.
The Exactly name is "Army Shopen", at Götgatan 3 in Umeå.
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

meister
Corporal
Corporal

Post by meister » 13 May 2007, 23:12

My team will play in flecktarn and consider our selves loyal to mother Russia.

Story is simply that we sided with Russia when the time come and due to logistical problems or just no need for it our new commander have not given us any new gear.

Hopefully you other players can accept that som units have decided to leave their former masters for the glory of the Red army.
Berget 3 - Special Forces
Berget 4 - UN Squad leader
Berget 5 - Russian, Platoon commander Vodka, Dimitri company.
Berget 6 - Glorius Leader of the Bandits (or just a refugee).

HardCoil
Private
Private

Post by HardCoil » 15 May 2007, 11:11

Oh my. I think my team also had some communication wires crossed. Somebody apparently told us that we could use any uniform as long as we used the red armbands, so the plan right now is that we turn up in CadPat. Is this totally unacceptable?

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 15 May 2007, 11:41

HardCoil wrote:Oh my. I think my team also had some communication wires crossed. Somebody apparently told us that we could use any uniform as long as we used the red armbands, so the plan right now is that we turn up in CadPat. Is this totally unacceptable?
you can wear spiderman blue pyjamas, as long as you have the red armband on.