What radio will we rent on B5?

Topics and things concerning this game.
LoomChild

What radio will we rent on B5?

Post by LoomChild » 11 Jan 2007, 09:22

As I am about to order some equipment for B5 soon I was thinking that it might be good to know what type of radio it is that we can rent from Berget (for squad-to-base-coms). Basically because if I know that I can make sure I have a good radio pouch that will fit.

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 12 Jan 2007, 00:53

It is a Motorola high output radio (the same as we used at Berget 4), we will get back with details soon.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 01 Jun 2007, 11:37

Going to bump this one now... BUMP.

Still awaiting the information, getting rather close to B5 and, well, knowing what the heck I'm supposed to use would be good. Both because I think that reading the manual a couple of times _before_ I'm in the middle of a forrest is a good thing and because, well, if they don't come with any good "carrying equipment" that might be a good thing to fix too.

So, what radio is it and if they aren't realy water-/rainproof, do they come with good pouches? + any answers you have to questions I just forgot to ask but is obvious (yes, I'm an "information whore". ;) )

Thinker
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Thinker » 01 Jun 2007, 20:16

According to a post in the swedish army forum, this is what you rent.

1 x Motorola GP340 16ch with ¼-wave antenna.
3 x Batterys
1 x Monofone with a 3.5mm connector to an earpiece.
1 x Earpice.
1 x Charger.
No battery clips.
No radio pouch.

The radio will be preprogrammed to the frequencies of the force you're in.

The radio isnt waterproof, its IP54, a few drops of rain wont hurt the radio, especially in a pocket, but if it gets drenched in rainwater its not good.

Reading the manual wont really be a problem, since it doesnt have much options and buttons you can mess with. Its programmed to specifik channels. If youre used a radio before I think youll do fine.

This space intentionally left blank

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 01 Jun 2007, 20:49

Ser ut som en fin "kanal, volym, PTT"-radio. Njo, torde jag nog klara av. Tackar för informationen. :)

EDIT: As I for some reason wrote this in Swedish (never type things while at work when on the phone) here goes in the correct language:

Looks like a nice "channel, volume, PTT"-radio. Well, I should manage that. Thanks for the information.

And sorry for the language mixup!
Last edited by LoomChild on 02 Jun 2007, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

Thinker
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Thinker » 01 Jun 2007, 23:58

Yeah, it seems pretty much as turn on volume, turn to correct channel on the dail and listen. Press button to talk. Not exactly rocket sience. But hey, KISS is always preferable.

Oh, btw, main forum = english.
This space intentionally left blank

wulfhere
Private
Private

Post by wulfhere » 02 Jun 2007, 06:51

rent? i tought we were to be equipped with radios?