Dangerous animals on the Island?

Topics and things concerning this game.
Hulluhhkosika
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Hulluhhkosika » 23 Jan 2007, 20:06

I'd like to ask, is there Vipers and/or Mites on the island? Nothing to worry about, but it's just nice to know what to prepare for. In Finland both of those are major thing on coastal areas.

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 23 Jan 2007, 20:46

Viper? (Hugorm?) if so probebly yes hard to keep the dam snakes away :)

Mites oyes :)

Crapgame

Post by Crapgame » 23 Jan 2007, 22:44

vipers/snakes may surley exist there but they arent deadly...

ticks/mites? (se the link if you dont get me: http://www.bioresurs.uu.se/myller/skog/ ... naFast.jpg) might occur but isnt likely, they ar not dangerous north of uppsala if i remember correct...in the stockholm region they carry some viruses..

then there are regular wildlife but thats not dangerous, no bears a far as i know :P

BUT for gods sake beware of the mighty sea

:P

Müller

Post by Müller » 24 Jan 2007, 00:03

oh cmon, use anti-bug stuff and you'll stay farely safe...

In the US where I played when i lived there there were ticks all over the place during the summer... once I just happened to look at my arm when i was lying covering an open swamp and what did I see? 4 ticks crawling on my arm... I just took my lighter and burned em (after holding em one by one with my pilers)... not a biggie...

Hammerhead

Post by Hammerhead » 24 Jan 2007, 01:22

Eat garlic before the event to avoid ticks, and use plenty of mosquito repellent on site.
the vipers won't bother you unless you bother them. I've lived all my life in the swedish coastal regions in the north of sweden, and ive never seen one (heard one once though). If they do bite you there might be some nausea and fever (my father was ill for 2 days after being bit, but didnt realise he had been untill a few days later :P)

timpa
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by timpa » 24 Jan 2007, 04:16

locals are known to kidnap tourists in the night and eat them alive.. but that's just a rumor.

mr.mandrake

Post by mr.mandrake » 24 Jan 2007, 08:31

Vipers & moquitos 0 - 1 locals. :)

In the early summer there is less mosquitos, and wasps and other bugs aren´t that aggressive. But as Hammerhead posted use mosquito/bug-repellant to keep them away. Ticks is becoming more and more present, but still quite unusual here in the northern regions. There are bears but they will keep to themselves.

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 24 Jan 2007, 10:02

Only "red side" players :team:

:D

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 24 Jan 2007, 11:19

Mosquito reppelant is suggested if you plan to sleep. Be sure that you are not allergic to mosquitos or wasps. If your are bring medicine and tell your mates and your CO.
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Torak

Post by Torak » 24 Jan 2007, 12:53

There are also some more obscure creatures; notably a variant subspecies of the Australian Drop-bear (Urs Thuddicus) and a three-legged beast, the "Falukorv" (Haggis Scans Assymetris), roughly resembling the Scottish Haggis. Both species are generally harmless, though the Drop-bear can be angered by the colour red; the Falukorv, often found in a crimson colouration, is its standard prey. Attacks are rarely fatal, however, if medical attention is quickly received. (Unfortunately, at B4, we lost a whole squad of SF players to Drop-bears; it seems their camp was hit during the night as the bears homed in on their Guerilla armbands. Most of their bones were found when the snow melted.)

Oh, and not all of this post is necessarily strictly true. Bits of it should certainly be taken with a large pinch of salt. Or perhaps I'm making it all up.

But yes, mosquito repellant is a good idea.

And just to avoid confusion, yes, of course the Drop-bears and Falukorv were a joke. Apart from the mosquito thing, don't believe a word I've just said.

sierrasierranorway
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sierrasierranorway » 24 Jan 2007, 16:09

The only thing that is dangerous is the RED ones, and I`m one of them and belive me we gonna kick some allied asses......... :D
In The scandinavien countries the only thing to be afraid of is the bears and wolfs but they only attack you if you are irritating them/ getting to close to the babys.
If anyone of you son of a bitches call me grandpa I kill you.

6uarq;an

Post by 6uarq;an » 24 Jan 2007, 18:57

Nah there is nothing that wil stand the full allied force! watch out! And I just know about these monsters crawling out the darkness eating triggerhappy idiots:P and holiday rambos

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 24 Jan 2007, 19:04

I'm afraid there will be no more animals on the island after B5.
They'll became food supply for 1200 players......

So, may be it'll be best to add some animals to be hunted down?

JJ

Post by JJ » 24 Jan 2007, 19:32

What's this?! Another taxpayer-funded Delta safari? :!:

6uarq;an

Post by 6uarq;an » 24 Jan 2007, 20:10

Nope, just aimpractise...