Standard bearers?

Topics and things concerning this game.
Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Standard bearers?

Post by Cpt » 06 Feb 2007, 18:01

Will there be standards on the Soviet side?

A Soviet flag, supplied by the organizers, or personally. To inspire the russian infantry when they charge! Anyone can pick one up and carry it, but you may only use their sidearm when holding it.

Even tough a standard bearer would be totally obsolete in the battefield during the 90's, Berget 5 is set in another "dimension", so a standard bearer could have survived.

I think it would be a very nice addtion, just not for the dramatic effects, but also practical, for example to inform the commanding officer when an attack is a succes. E.g when a building has been stormed and the Soviet flag is seen on the roof :)

Finarvas

Post by Finarvas » 06 Feb 2007, 20:55

We will probably bring flags yes...

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 06 Feb 2007, 21:30

Ahh, I see :)

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 06 Feb 2007, 22:22

Flags would be a nice thing, yes. But I would say that it's not realy useful to inform the CO that a building has been stormed. First of all, the CO just might not be within visual range. Secondly, I don't want to go up on the roof of a building unless the other buildings are taken too (especially not with a huge red marker saying "SHOOT HERE". ;p ). And thirdly, if the CO is going to be informed that a building is taken I'll rather use a radio than a flag.

So. I'd love to see a flag used to show "this base/building/whatever now belongs to the russians" so that the pesky allied forces will know. But I don't believe in it as a signaling device in a strategic manner.

So lets put some flags over those buildings people!!!

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 06 Feb 2007, 23:10

LoomChild wrote:Flags would be a nice thing, yes. But I would say that it's not realy useful to inform the CO that a building has been stormed. First of all, the CO just might not be within visual range. Secondly, I don't want to go up on the roof of a building unless the other buildings are taken too (especially not with a huge red marker saying "SHOOT HERE". ;p ). And thirdly, if the CO is going to be informed that a building is taken I'll rather use a radio than a flag.

So. I'd love to see a flag used to show "this base/building/whatever now belongs to the russians" so that the pesky allied forces will know. But I don't believe in it as a signaling device in a strategic manner.

So lets put some flags over those buildings people!!!
Well okay, If you wanna do it the boring modern way :P

soljarka
Corporal
Corporal

Post by soljarka » 07 Feb 2007, 11:13

Flags of soviet republics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_t ... _Republics
Maybe this will be useful for teams from former soviet rebublics.

Pépé Muerte

Post by Pépé Muerte » 07 Feb 2007, 17:53

We certainly came with soviet flag ...
It will be useful or we can stand it in the base camp :)

nbIBACuK

Post by nbIBACuK » 11 Feb 2007, 16:17

Latvian players will be with flag of Latvian SSR

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 12 Feb 2007, 14:23

We would love to bring our slovenian flag, but... IT WAS STOLEN BY (drunk) RUSSIANS this weekend in Warsaw, hehe.

Vader, I expect it back at Berget. :twisted:

Tomy

Post by Tomy » 12 Feb 2007, 18:06

Brujo wrote:We would love to bring our slovenian flag, but... IT WAS STOLEN BY (drunk) RUSSIANS this weekend in Warsaw, hehe.

Vader, I expect it back at Berget. :twisted:
heheh AKS managed to have their flag stolen...hehe and even drunks could pull that off...hehe :D

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 12 Feb 2007, 18:32

STOLEN????????????????????

I'm realy confused :roll:
How you sure it was stolen by russians, exactly?
pls contact in PM.

xxxFENCExxx

Post by xxxFENCExxx » 12 Feb 2007, 22:25

Captured maybe? :D

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 12 Feb 2007, 23:13

xxxFENCExxx wrote:Captured maybe? :D
I'd say the Slovenians lost the drinking competition in Warsaw and the winning russians took their flag as a trophy :P

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 13 Feb 2007, 08:03

All smartasses huh? Thing is we beat them in armwrestling 3:1 and while we were afk with Bravo Coy they nicked our flag off our HQ door... while the guard on post was puking in the toilet :oops:

Stil, had a good time, but like I said... Vader, get me the flag back or else...
How do I know it was Russians? They tried to pull off Latvian flag aswel (seen them do it) but Latvians know better and taped it to the door really hard hehe.

Drinking contest... there was one? I think russians won already when they arrived, hehe. No normal person can drink that much :?

wyga
Newbee
Newbee

Post by wyga » 13 Feb 2007, 08:53

Brujo wrote:All smartasses huh? Thing is we beat them in armwrestling 3:1 and while we were afk with Bravo Coy they nicked our flag off our HQ door... while the guard on post was puking in the toilet :oops:

Stil, had a good time, but like I said... Vader, get me the flag back or else...
How do I know it was Russians? They tried to pull off Latvian flag aswel (seen them do it) but Latvians know better and taped it to the door really hard hehe.

Drinking contest... there was one? I think russians won already when they arrived, hehe. No normal person can drink that much :?
Hi Brujo,
There were no Latvians in Warsaw this weekend, we are from Lithuania :)