OOB and commandstructure

Topics and things concerning this game.
Tiger_1

OOB and commandstructure

Post by Tiger_1 » 28 Feb 2007, 12:55

Will this be posted on the forum? So we can start to see how we can structure our forces?

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 28 Feb 2007, 15:27

We are in the middle of the process of recruiting all the commanders, this willl be posted once it is done.
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 28 Feb 2007, 16:05

Nice :) thanks

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 23 May 2007, 15:47

Instead of starting a new one, I will keep it all in here.
Is there a tent plan for the mainbase? With this I mean keeping companys, platoons and squads together in the base area. Is there a base defence plan? Will this run on a "one company at a time on defence role" or will each company have it's sector of the camp to defend? Guardpost? ROE's?

Berggren
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Berggren » 23 May 2007, 16:14

That would be a problem as some of the players are planning on sleeping "of game". Do you have any list for the players who will live on/off game?

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 23 May 2007, 17:01

Tiger_1 wrote:Instead of starting a new one, I will keep it all in here.
Is there a tent plan for the mainbase? With this I mean keeping companys, platoons and squads together in the base area. Is there a base defence plan? Will this run on a "one company at a time on defence role" or will each company have it's sector of the camp to defend? Guardpost? ROE's?
Each company will have their own "spot" in the base where they can put up their tents. About the rest, talk to your coy commander or Brujo.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 23 May 2007, 18:56

I thought I just did ;)

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 23 May 2007, 21:03

Base guarding will be shift-rotating, while performing guarding duty players will not be allowed to sleep and will have to perform 100%. The only difference is, that this will be a low-intensity operation and players will actually be able to rest.

Concerning sleeping, I still need to make a time-schedule and verify with organizers whether my plan would fit with their distributing of missions.

Just so you know, sleeping is mandatory for a company that is supposed to be resting, we will also monitor base with KGB officers. Yes, sleeping is an important part of this operation and those who will disobey will pose a threat and danger to their mates on serious missions.

Sleeping in a safezone is weak imo. Most of us will sleep in-game.

What needs to be understood, HQ will be partially mobile and enemy will have through their roleplay very little interest in raiding our base as there will be nothing useful for them there. So do not expect more than isolated groups of SF looking for ranking oficers or maps... it is us that will be doing base-busting and raiding!

B.

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 24 May 2007, 16:51

when on base defence, unless there is an attack iminent, people should be allowed to sleep, eat, make good repairs, as long as a guard is mounted and the whole force is at a few min notice to man their fighting pos (based on a threat level of course). You cant expect a whole company on base defence to be staring into the forest wating for an attack that might not come. 1-2 guards pr squad, covering 360 degrees of the base perimiter, with fightting pos for all units pr planned should be a good solution.

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 24 May 2007, 18:21

Hehe Tiger, how long have you been in airsoft?

If you give the chairsofters go for sleeping or putting off their gear... they will not be back battle ready in an hour.
I have evaluated this option aswel, but trust me, 3/4 of the company on guard would cook meals, take a swim, grab a burger in SZ or just observe with interest while resting during an allied raid. I have seen this before and there is no way I will allow them to put down weapons.

The way I see it, 1 platoon will perform outer base defense, 1 platoon will R&R with weapons, 1 platoon will take defensive positions and will actually BE there, stare in the forest and chat with their mates.

I am open for improvements and optimisations of the guarding alone, but definately not for the ooption of sleeping.

We will have a schedule anyhow, and from 0300 to 0900 is planned sleeping, there will be no missions given at that time so one company on guard duty and specnaz on a mission will be all activity. Everyone else will rest these 6 hours. Because this is all the sleeping you will be allowed.

sierrasierranorway
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sierrasierranorway » 24 May 2007, 18:46

Then you dont now the norwegian people which you are going to command, :D ewery norwegian who is attending this game is not an chairsofter, YES we have them in norway to but none of them are traveling so far for a game like this. The Dicipline in the Norwegian platoon (corrrect me if Iàm wrong) is wery high. If we are sleepin and the alarm sounds you bet that this gang will be on there feet in less than 2 min. We do as our officers tell us to do. ewen eat our socks if told so. :D
And Brujo, Tiger have been in this game a long time so he now how things are working, And Mixmaster nows this to. :P
If anyone of you son of a bitches call me grandpa I kill you.

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 24 May 2007, 19:05

Rifle at an arms length reach, always.

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 24 May 2007, 20:53

Like I said, norwegian or a martian :wink: , no sleep while on watch duty.
Since you are that tough, this shouldn't be a problem, right?

crimson
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by crimson » 24 May 2007, 21:29

something else

can you arrange some alarm system, like whistles or airhorn

because what to do when the guard spot the enemy, shouting everybody awake?

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 24 May 2007, 21:35

crimson wrote:something else

can you arrange some alarm system, like whistles or airhorn

because what to do when the guard spot the enemy, shouting everybody awake?
When/if an allied raid is upon you... you will know it... trust me :)
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com