Your MP (KGB)

Topics and things concerning this game.
Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 29 May 2007, 20:43

NKVD or KGB sounds much more cool. I'll stick to either one of those.

mr.mandrake

Post by mr.mandrake » 29 May 2007, 21:27

Call it what you want. KGB,(NKVD - damn old!), or MP. SovietMP -SMP is my favorite, but KGB would also do fine.

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Post by waffelke » 29 May 2007, 21:55

i don't care about the name ,as long they do there thing
but kgb i prefer ,its a cool name
:P
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"
spetsnazcommander berget 5

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 29 May 2007, 23:52

Wildcat wrote:Please, let’s forget words "KGB" and "NKVD".

If you want have MP at Soviet side - use this simple term.

Ok?
+1.

By the way, it's actual name is FSB - "Federalnaya Sluzhba Bezopasnosti" (Federal Sequirity Service)

FSB HQ in Moscow

and in St-Petersburg

http://greenrain2.narod.ru/Photos/SPb-n ... 73-web.jpg

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 30 May 2007, 08:26

Vader, Yes, and no. Well, according to Wikipedia atleast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Se ... ion_of_KGB

I'll cut'n'paste the interesting parts.

"Following the attempted coup of 1991 against Mikhail Gorbachev, the KGB was dismantled and formally ceased to exist after November 1991.[65] Its successor, the FSK (Federalnaya Sluzhba Kontrrazvedki (Федера́льная Слу́жба Контрразве́дки), Federal Counterintelligence Service, which had been known for some time as the Security Ministry of Russia) was reorganized into the FSB by the Federal Law of April 3, 1995, "On the Organs of the Federal Security Service in the Russian Federation", making the new FSB a more powerful organization."

We here see that KGB didn't exist 1993, but neither did FSB, they were still FSK...

Not that I realy do care, as the altered timeline of this event might presumably allow for the KGB to still exist. But as a bit of trivia or material for discussion... ;)

Vader [WG-A.I.M.]

Post by Vader [WG-A.I.M.] » 30 May 2007, 09:19

LoomChild, thank for interesting information. I see I allowed myself to make mistake.
And after reading this i have to INSIST: do not use KGB, or NKVD.
Besides, it sounds quite stupid for me as russian.

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 30 May 2007, 10:45

Gentlemen, why don't we call it "Timur i ego komanda" to make sure everybody is happy? :roll:

IT'S JUST A GAME, therefore it can be called whatever the organisers decide. No need to get offended by such a thing, there is definitely no offense meant to our Russian friends. It would be far more appropriate to get offended by the fact that the Soviet Union is unilaterally invading Sweden... Please devote your energy and attention to more relevant matters.

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 30 May 2007, 11:26

Whiskey, I guess that people (mostly) discuss these things as a matter of interest. I don't care if they use NKVD-units or call them "Russian, like, secret service-type-o-guys". But that doesn't mean I don't take an interest in "what if"-scenarios.

Yes, some people seem to have been offended, and I am sure noone intended that, I'm sure I didn't.

Then on the other hand. If they are to implement KGB-ish people, why not make it "right"? Especially if it's only as much as using the right abbrevation of a name?

But again, as far as I care, call them "MP" or "Shhhh, they are here..." or whatever, as long as they roleplay things real good I'll love it either way. ;)

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 30 May 2007, 12:21

Just to add to the fun here, do we have Party commisars? ;)

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Post by waffelke » 30 May 2007, 12:44

yes we heve theme in the spetsnaz :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 30 May 2007, 13:58

Vader, don't be such a sissy and be offended for anything not totally according to history.
If you want to change the name, you will have to arm-wrestle me :x on Thursday and let the winner decide :wink:

whiskey

Post by whiskey » 30 May 2007, 14:33

I bet 100 EUR on Brujo. Any takers?

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Post by waffelke » 30 May 2007, 14:52

i bet also on the general , 100 euro,
ibring the vodka whit me :D
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"

eichenlaub
Newbee
Newbee

Post by eichenlaub » 06 Jun 2007, 01:58

Looking at the background info, the timeline changes 1983 with relations getting worse between soviet and nato, but Mikhail Gorbachev worked for better relations between soviet and the west.

My conclusion: Mikhail Gorbachev never came to power 1985!
No Gorbachev = No coup = KGB not dismantled.
This would make the rest of the timeline more coherent.

Brujo

Post by Brujo » 06 Jun 2007, 07:35

Guys, put your books aside. We're having KGB with us. Unless Vader wins hehe... I am not quite sure if you all understand that this is a fictional scenario? Russia and Sweden are in fact good friends and slovenians didn't have such good-looking officers in the VDV... 8)