Tents and sleeping in-game

Topics and things concerning this game.
Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Tents and sleeping in-game

Post by Eldoriath » 13 Mar 2007, 18:06

Hi ya'll. Was wondering if there is any group that will bring a tent model bigger that has room for another two players. Me and my pal would like to sleep in-game and feels it can be kind of reduntant to bring own tents if there is a group out there that has room for us.

Oh, and we're willing to pay a reasonable sum for the sleeping space of course.

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 13 Mar 2007, 23:30

This is a good point, the less tents we have ingame, the better ;) And dont bring the bright red ones ;)

Finarvas

Post by Finarvas » 14 Mar 2007, 03:05

If the weather is as good as last berget, I won't bother bringing a tent, maybe just set up a tarp shelter.

sierrasierranorway
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sierrasierranorway » 14 Mar 2007, 07:36

I`m bringing my lavo with room enough for 12 peoble 8)
If anyone of you son of a bitches call me grandpa I kill you.

whiskey

Re: Tents and sleeping in-game

Post by whiskey » 14 Mar 2007, 09:44

Eldoriath wrote:Hi ya'll. Was wondering if there is any group that will bring a tent model bigger that has room for another two players. Me and my pal would like to sleep in-game and feels it can be kind of reduntant to bring own tents if there is a group out there that has room for us.

if you want to sleep in-game, don't bring tents, bring bivvie bags like the British Army issue ones. Used one at B4 and was VERY happy with it!!!

Berggren
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Berggren » 14 Mar 2007, 12:39

Yes, mabe the tent is not such a good idea. The thing is that we want something that will protect us from people shooting if there was some time during th night that someone would take their glasses off. Of if they fell of while sleeping. But with most tents the bullets fly right through making the tent unusable in rain. So we thought about bringing a durable peace of plastic (pressening) to use as a windbreaker for my squad. It will be durable, easy to get out of and not that hot as sleeping in full gear in a big black tent.

Tomy

Re: Tents and sleeping in-game

Post by Tomy » 14 Mar 2007, 16:59

whiskey wrote:
Eldoriath wrote:Hi ya'll. Was wondering if there is any group that will bring a tent model bigger that has room for another two players. Me and my pal would like to sleep in-game and feels it can be kind of reduntant to bring own tents if there is a group out there that has room for us.

if you want to sleep in-game, don't bring tents, bring bivvie bags like the British Army issue ones. Used one at B4 and was VERY happy with it!!!

hehehe yes you were so comfortable that you got knifekilled sleeping...you forgot to mention that...

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 14 Mar 2007, 17:55

I'm not worried about AEGs making the tent into swisser-cheese. Have once fired upon a tent with my P90 at point blank with no damage at all, but then i do admit it goes around 300-310fps. But anyways, if something goes harder than that the player ain't allowed to fire at pointblank and must keep a safetydistans.
Safety is to sleep with some kind of protection for eyes/face while sleeping and keep the door closed. That way the responsible player will either sneak into the tent and knife-kill people or bang-kill them or they will simply sit outside and guard the exist firing at those exiting.

sierrasierranorway
If there is room over in your tent me and my pal would be glad to take two spaces. And perhaps, if you and your pals don't mind, we might team up with you making one unit, if possible. We play medic respectivily engineer, privates.

sierrasierranorway
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sierrasierranorway » 14 Mar 2007, 21:46

No space in my team I belive, we are already 9 in our Sqwad. but a place in the big tipi I can fix. :D
If anyone of you son of a bitches call me grandpa I kill you.

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 14 Mar 2007, 22:37

Okay, we'll settle for that. Better than nothing ;)
The proposion(sp?) was that it would be simpler for us, and for you perhaps, if we all were in the same group. Just a convinience thing thoguh =)

Tiger_1

Post by Tiger_1 » 15 Mar 2007, 16:30

well, I think until the platoon/squad structure is set up, getting bunkspace in tents is NOT the best thing. AS soon as you know what platoon you are in, get in on a tent there. having a platoon splitt all over camp will NOT be a good idea. And as our commander has said, platoons will probaly be made up of people who speak the same language. As far as that is possible. If you end up in our platoon, you are of course welcome to bunk down with us...

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 15 Mar 2007, 17:07

Well, if it is first based on language we seem to have no problem with that ;)

Yeah, i know it's a bad idea to spread a unit/platoon all over, hence my convience question before. It's just that none else has answered on this post about having spare space, so i will rather "secure" a place with some folks that seems nice enough and then when arriving trying to find a better (location-wise) bunk-space.

Oh, and i will bring my small 2-man tent just in case, just that it's more comfortable to sleep in a big tent.

Element
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Element » 05 Jun 2007, 00:32

Perhaps I am wrong, but isnt a tent mandatory?

From the "Game Info":

"All participants must bring their own tents if not sleeping in hotels.
Those who are sleeping in-game will be assigned a place to set up their tents within their team’s camp. All facilities will be pre-built; all you need to do is pitch your tent. Those who do not have green, dark blue or black tents are kindly requested to bring green tarpaulins to avoid ruining the atmosphere with non-military tents.
There will be some provision for off-game camping."

So can I ditch the tent or must I take one with me? :?

fixed

Post by fixed » 06 Jun 2007, 16:12

What about old russian tents, the big cloth ones?`

I know that our team is bringing 2, would they have to be covered with a green tarp or?

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 06 Jun 2007, 20:53

Your base is diveded into spots for each companys tents. Bring your tents if you want to sleep.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com