****Gen Conrad?s Mercs Feedback Thread****

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

****Gen Conrad´s Mercs Feedback Thread****

Post by meathead » 29 Jun 2008, 15:42

Feedback thread. plz give constructive and thought full feedback.
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

Rush
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rush » 29 Jun 2008, 16:31

Maybe if you show the way, we can follow ;)
Berget 5 - French rep - Echo 2.1 leader
Berget 6 - Coy Commander, Conrads Mercs
Berget 7 - Coy Commander, Orlov's Mercs
Berget 8 - Poldavian Mountain goat

meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

yes

Post by meathead » 29 Jun 2008, 17:17

yes Rush, you are right as always. :D

I´d like to thank all that played on Gen Conrad side. I had a great time with a you all. A special thank to Rush, Crazydog, Lynx for outstanding support before and during the game.

I like to thank a bunch of people but my memory fails me to remember nickname :oops: , but some of got a gold star from me so you know who you are.

I did mistakes and bad calls, i´ll be the first to admit that. Be sure that i´v learned a lot from you guys and from my mistakes.

The few negative thing have experienced has nothing to do with the people i played with. The negative things had to do with Berget Crew. and have started to write them down and will send them to Berget Crew.

THANK YOU ALL FOR B6!

Yours

/meathead
Last edited by meathead on 30 Jun 2008, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

stoffi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stoffi » 30 Jun 2008, 09:48

Rush wrote:Maybe if you show the way, we can follow ;)
Maybe that's something YOU should have done!

Thanks for completely ruining our two first days of gameplay, by ordering a serious amount of us to wait around in the base... We kept begging for action every hour, but all you could muster was to favor your own friends missions and keep the rest of us in the dark, treating us like garbage. Oh, and were did all our salaries go? How come we never knew anything about what was going on, until we meet allies and friends in the field?!

Not until I spoke to Crew about the situation did I understand that your orders were completely bogus and so finally, we took matters into our own hands with the assurance that we weren't breaking any rules by giving you the finger and thus managed to have lots of fun, no thanks to you. We captured officers, took road tolls and bribes in exchange for life, gathered enemy codes and information, located and relayed orders to out-of-contact key personnel in the field, set up an alliance with the UN forces, giving us quarantine rights for anyone infected; completely raped the enemy in numerous firefights, demoralized an entire platoon with our three snipers at 160-, 170- and my own 190+ m/s and ran long reconnaissance missions on foot around and into enemy bases etc., mapping out the area, taking out gun-posts along the way.

You failed to attend to so many players and missed out on the fact that some of us possess the real special forces military knowledge and skills that would have made the difference in our intended joint efforts. Perhaps you're wondering why your base was attacked by your own Mercs on the last day... only thing I can say about that is that I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to overthrow your control myself and that I was on another mission when our base was attacked, because I would have been in the front of that attack, with only one target in sight... —you.

—Great leadership man. You suck.

The RS AK47 we won at the Beerparty has a special purpose... :D

I'm not cross with you on a personal level, but in-game... —watch your back, Baby... we are many.

:team: :team: :team: :team:

Ending on a more joyful note, I had great fun and I am looking forward to another Berget, if they'll have me after this post.

Yours Truly.
B5 NATO, Special Forces
B6 General Conrads Mercenaries
B7 Milos Tigers, Mechanized
B8 NAF, Mechanized

Rush
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rush » 30 Jun 2008, 10:58

wow...

I will take any criticism you have towards me and my way of leading Able COY, but please have the little facts you have, straight. The way you post you make it sound that I was in command from the get go. Gen. Conrad (Meathead) was the top brass. Therefor, many of your questions should be answered by him, not me.

We got one mission from Gen. Conrad by PM a couple of days before game start. That was it. There was 3 Companies wanting missions from the start. Well...unfortunately Conrad showed up "minutes" before game start and what was about to happen then was symtomatic for the remaining of the entire game. Conrad left us for briefing at the main safe for hours. Crazydog (Baker commander), not me, was left in charge as Conrad was not there. That left Lynx (Charlie commander) and me to get the camp up and running.

I was fortunate enough to get the mission the very first night and I chose to go with Able 4 on that mission.

The next couple of days things changed ALOT. Crazydog was not feeling too well and I was more and more taking command of the camp when Meathead was not there, and that was VERY often. This meant I was not able to go on missions that I would have liked and spend time with my friends. Time was spent on administrative tasks in camp which was quite a challange. At first we didnt get missions enough to give to all, but those that came were not properly coordinated with what ever enemy they initially had to interact with. IE. pick up a ammo crate that enemy has hidden - later we found out that they forgot to hide it...Lots of stuff like that. Some missions where successful and happy days - dont forget that MERCS was infront up to Friday evening....then I have the feeling that Berget Events made some changes to make the game more even....... at best.

Its striking that you say that I favored my men, as that was exactly something I tried to avoid as I saw first hand last year at B5 how it is to be "overlooked" by command. I can very well see how it must have looked when I went out on the very first mission, but that was mutual decision from all COYs and ultimately Conrad.

Regarding the "special abilities" some of you have that wasnt used. We asked all plt. com. to report any special status he had in his plt. Of all Able coy players I have maybe 2 who reported in what they had in their platoon. Not alot when looking at the big picture..

I'm sorry that you feel that I let you down. I played the hand I was dealt.
I didnt go to Crew to get more info, I waited for Conrad to provide them...maybe my fault to stay true to the commain chain, but that is how I play. But glad you found your own missions with the OK from Berget Even !

meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

facts

Post by meathead » 30 Jun 2008, 12:34

I have read the post and will try to answer as best i can.

First off, I did send a mission to all coy co asap as a got from Berget crew. Second I tried to get missions ahead and send them to my coy commanders but berget crew did´t give me any and I tried many times. But no luck

Yes I was late thats right, but I had reported that I was gonna be late because of my work, I told Berget crew a week ahead. Thats is not good but that i was what happened.

About the missions, both Rush, Crazy Dog and me tried to deal out the missions as fair as possible. I even asked several times who was had not seen any action and we together tried to see to that they got some actions. The mission did not go as it was written due changes by our enemy and berget crew. I gave whatever info i had as soon i had it.

I now for a fact that RUSH did not favor his own men and that is the end of that.

Yes I took time to get you soldiers out mainly because it took to much time to get back and fourth to main safe ever god damn time Berget wanted talk to me and give me orders. Game off from 03-09. I had to be i main safe at 09 to get the orders. I suggested for the crew that they give out all the mission to me and let me have them to execute the missions as soon it was time for it but they said no to that because sometimes the mission must adjusted due to how the game goes.

When i got back i tried to get hold of my commanders asap and get them the orders.

As Rush said i was gone a lot. Thats true, may by to much. We all commander did what we could with the info and missions we got from the Berget crew.

Last, I was sad to here that Crew gave you permission to free chose to do whatever you wanted. I did not get the info at all during the hole game.

You have as much responsibility as any player to tell me, during the game, what is wrong. If i don't now what is broken i cant fix it!

It is easy to say you suck when you don't have a clue about RUSHs problems with me and the Berget Crew.

/Meathead
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

stoffi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stoffi » 30 Jun 2008, 13:36

To Rush and Meathead,

I understand both of your situations and I am not, nor have I ever implied that I would have done the job better; but you both took your roles; and, as such you must own up to the morale created under your command. I feel that you both do so to a certain extent, but pointing fingers at Crew does not free you from your responsibilities toward your fellow subordinates´ game experience, when they are ordered to stand down and sit on their asses in the base, especially when they continuously try to offer their services.

So many things could have been done to inspire your troops, regardless of the Crews´ mission plans. For instance, you could have sent them out on random missions of your choosing, such as reconnaissance ops on enemy camps and routes. Since there were so many players laying around in the camp in complete boredom, you could have easily spared a squad or two that could have changed in shifts of whatever time-period you would have deemed necessary, since you must have felt that you needed such a large force to defend the base; but you failed to see such a simple solution. What we wanted was the opportunity to enjoy ourselves, or at least the hope of it, but we were given none and were not permitted to seek out the glory for ourselves, until I took the matter up with Crew and spread the word among the players I was in contact with. You created mutiny within your ranks and any good leader should have seen that coming.

In addition, I personally saw Rush roll down the window in the lead car of a convoy on the last day at our roadblock, which again none of us had heard of, nor had been invited to participate in. We never knew anything and a term that we all became so familiar with was: "wait", when repeatedly having asked what was going on. We did not get paid in full and many players did not even know that there was such a thing as Berget Dollars! —Wtf?!

Toward Meathead, you say that I have as much a responsibility to come forward to you as any other player, but how could we do so when you weren't even around to face the music? Rush was left, so it became his command in your absence; and he reportedly said: "I don't wanna listen to this shit" and turned his back on our platoon leader, when he confronted him on this issue and informed him that we were going to start doing our own thing if we weren't going to be given any missions, after much discontent.

I know that from a private's perspective the world must seem small, but remember that all of my information was seen from set view and it was never intended for a player with my role to oversee these matters. I played my role and did not challenge the chain of command until I finally came to the realization that the people above me were not fit to rule our in-game experience, which led me to take matters into my own hands. I wasn't the only one doing this however, since mutiny arose from many other directions aswell. Everyones enjoyment is the main goal of these events, but in this regard as far as I know Rush was the one who failed to allow us to enjoy ourselves, by ordering us to wait all the time in the base for two full days!

Listen, as I said earlier, I'm not in conflict with Rush on a personal level, nor am I with Meathead; but in regard to their efforts in-game, I now have zero respect and an equal amount of confidence in their abilities as leaders. Status: —fail. The Berget Crew, on the other hand, swiftly corrected this issue once notified, which is quite impressive.
B5 NATO, Special Forces
B8 NAF, Mechanized

Rush
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rush » 30 Jun 2008, 13:49

Toward Meathead, you say that I have as much a responsibility to come forward to you as any other player, but how could we do so when you weren't even around to face the music? Rush was left, so it became his command in your absence; and he reportedly said: "I don't wanna listen to this shit" and turned his back on our platoon leader, when he confronted him on this issue and informed him that we were going to start doing our own thing if we weren't going to be given any missions, after much discontent.

That was after a conversation Kurtz, after he informed me that his last 2 missions had been shit, and he wanted more action and if I couldnt provide it, then he would seek it him self. Thats when I said " I dont wanna hear about it"...meaning....if you go, you go - but without my concent. Of couse I was not happy about it. This was exactly what was getting the B5 game out of the hands of the orgas.... players going on their own missions. Anyway....you have made your point, Meathead and I have tried to explain. We dont get any further...
Last edited by Rush on 30 Jun 2008, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

stoffi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stoffi » 30 Jun 2008, 14:03

I agree to disagree.

I'm sure we all have learnt a lot from this experience and again remember that this is all in-game related, but don't be surprised if you feel a BB sting ya´ buttocks, because it might just be from an opposing team of players in some future scenario ; )

Peace.
B5 NATO, Special Forces
B8 NAF, Mechanized

magnet
Private
Private

Post by magnet » 30 Jun 2008, 14:18

Berget 6 impressions:

Good:
-great variation of missions,
-excellent terrain - most of our team enjoyed the walking/climbing/crawling bit as much as the action bit,
-good overall planning which ensured enemy encounters and action on every mission,
-fair share of missions versus guard duty among the companies,
-platoon leaders and coy co's open for feedback and suggestions regarding mission planning,
-freedom to do self-established recons etc,
-good story line/plot

Bad:
-too much waiting and posponing of mission execution time,
-no recharging facilities for the first 24 hours,
-toilets should have been cleaned/replaced when full,
-garbage containers were removed on day two and were not replaced,
-too few tents...should have been a max of 12 persons pr tent instead of 16,
-no structure for camp defence plans,

But imho those organizational glitches were just a small cloud on an otherwise clear and sunny sky.

Our team had a great time and we'll be back for more.
So a big thank you to the berget crew - SUPER EVENT!!!
And a personal thanks to you Rush - fair leadership, good overview, excellent job...

/Jacob,BOPA team,Denmark

meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

stoffi

Post by meathead » 30 Jun 2008, 14:35

I hope that you have read my second post on this topic. I do feel responsibility and have no intention to only blame Berget Crew. I blame myself for a lot of thing that happened. But still try to walk in my shoes for a while and think.

I agree with rush on this.

/meathead
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 30 Jun 2008, 15:56

As XO of Able 1 platoon, as well as commander of Delta Three squad I had a pretty good insight into what was going on at most levels of the command chain.

Yes, the first two days were FUBAR.
No, I dont think Rush could have acted differently to change this.

He did what he could which was give us all the missions that he had, when he had them (they where late, few, and often messed up from the word go, but we did get them)
He did not stop us from creating our own missions. Ok, so he didn't exactly encourage us going off on our own but he most certainly did not stop us.

What I would have liked to see was more overall status briefings, I lacked information such as:
this is what we know, this is what we want, these are who we are friends with, these people we shoot.
Based on such information, and given proper telecommunications equipment for keeping in contact with base some other way than lounging outside our tents we could have ben a lot more effective and had a lot more fun.

The last two days were a blast though. So the overall game experience was very positive, at least for me. The fact that I had the privilege and pleasure of playing together with Able One most certainly helped a lot.

Thanks guys!

//Olsson

freak
Newbee
Newbee

Post by freak » 30 Jun 2008, 15:56

-: Swedish :-

Jag skriver på svenska:

Såhär tycker jag.....idag.
Äntligen får man klaga lite.

Som vanligt är det en massa folk som inte tar träff.
Jag har varit på flera berget spel nu och börjar faktiskt vänja mig vid att folk inte tar träff....det är liksom normalt och jag bryr mig inte så mycket eftersom jag vet att det händer. Det är lite tråkigt bara när man skjuter ett helt magasin på någon och dom lägger sig ner och lossas som dom inte blev träffade.
Nä jag orkar inte ta folks nummer......men nummer var en bra ide.

Vissa spelare har höga förväntningar på andra spelare... ha inte det...många har inte bra kondis och har inte gjort lumpen som kustjägare. Och självklart kommer det att vara struligt i lägret eftersom inte alla kan lyda order och gör lite som dom själv tycker. Synd bara att vissa spelare drar iväg på egna uppdrag när dom får lite att göra ett tag.....det sabbar ju för dom högre cheferna....ja det sabbar ju hela spelet.

Det som stör mig mest är folks vapen vanor. Den person som sköt på en bil med någon slags supertrim och genomskinliga kulor(glas?) så en ruta gick sönder och det blev märken i plåten. Tur det inte var vår bil. Men om den personen hade träffat mig med det trimmet så har jag blivit arg....mycket arg(rasande).
Det spelar ingen roll hur mycket berget crew chronar vapen när folk byter fjäder på några minuter......och fuskar.

Nu var jag ju inte med hela berget spelet….men dom här berget dollarna…..vad fan var det. Man kunde ju tydligen vinna vapen. Min grupp hade nog minst 20.000 dollar men visste inte ens att man kunde vinna en massa gevär. Ni måste informera bättre….men det såg ut som rätt personer vann vapen, TUR.

Sammanfattning

Minus
- Det vanliga fusket med vapen och träffar.
- Dyr öl på avslutsfesten…..50 SEK är för dyrt och alla har inte så mycket pengar.
- Maten på avslutsfesten såg inge god ut…så jag köpte den inte ens.
- För lite vägar att åka på.
- För lite fordon från berget crew….nästan bara egna fordon i vårat läger(conrad).
- Men när det blir så här mycket folk så blir det lite stuligt… Kan det inte vara lite mindre folk nästa år.
- Chronographerna verkar inte va nå bra.
- Berget dollar…..informera mer.

Plus
- Fin skog att spela i.
- Stora safen var bra…mycket bra butiker och priser.
- Roligt att man fick en T-shirt…..skulle va roligt med ett tygmärke med.
- Roliga scenarion...raketer, pengar, oljekällor m.m.
- Spelar nummer....så man kan hitta dom som inte tar träff.

PS: jag tar inte träff när man lobbar in kulor med kulsprutor......ha ha.
Fredrik "FREAK" Gustafsson
Tour of duty:
- Berget 3: Chetnian forces
- Berget 4: Local police force in the village
- Berget 5: Bodygard for swedish commander
- Berget 6: Bodygard for CONRAD

Picazzo
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Picazzo » 30 Jun 2008, 17:11

i really dont see how u intend to get your point trugh when writing in swedish.

First off: expensive beer at 50 sek? man, u must be a student ^^

enough about shit that has nothing to do with the game and towards Game critics.

I saw very little or nothing from Gen. Conrad, sadly i must say that i feel that a general of any force in a game this big should be a GM/berget Crew and possibly not even on location, just available trugh radio contact.

We had Rush as our Coy commander (able two) i was the tall whining guy in tigerstripe ;), and as he knows we got buttfucked on 3 out of 3 missions we went on, no blame to nor rush or Gen.Conrad.

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 30 Jun 2008, 17:14

Freak>>

The accident you're writing about I saw first hand, since it was the platoon that I was part of that shot at the vehicle.

We were guarding a crossroad, all of was was standing on a "Mob förråd" with defences built on top. We hear a vehicle roaring on the road(we can't see it, vehicle that is, since there's a forest in the way). We are around 30 meters from the road on the left side of the road(from the vehicles point of view). Now to the bad things and rule breaking that the vehicle committed:

*Speeding. Around 50km/h did the he drive at least.
*Not enough marking that he was out(he had a small dead rag dangling on the right side of the car) Mind you we were on the left and it was impossible to see it.

The car had earlier raced head on at the same crossroad so that a photographer could get some nice pictures. He the left the area with his vehicle. The incident occured around 2,5-3hrs later. He had no business what so ever to drive up that road. He KNEW that it was an SRP area and it was a dead end road. Yet still he's there? Why?

When the vehicle then enters the open area we identify it as a MERC car and our platoon commander yells fire! Everyone opens up. When the car finally stops we all cease fire.

The driver then gets out and yells all kinds of threats and calls us names. Some how the door behind the drivers is open and in anger, the driver slams the door shut, thus breaking his own window.

Our platoon commander then walks down and tries to talk to the guy and a GM is called in.

After some talking with the GM back and forth. And us giving him pictures of how the car looked(our commander took a dead rag and placed in in the windshield after the incident to show how you mark a vehicle).

The GM decides that no rules has been broken and no warnings are handed out, since the driver has clearly broken some rules and has not marked his car properly.

Our weapons chronoed in the range of 70-140m/s.

If you take your car to a airsoft game, you must realize the risks and that things MIGHT get broken.

No. We did not use glass BBs that some rumours had circling around stated.