****Gen Conrad?s Mercs Feedback Thread****

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
Rush
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rush » 01 Jul 2008, 23:24

glad u guys are alright ;)
Berget 5 - French rep - Echo 2.1 leader
Berget 6 - Coy Commander, Conrads Mercs
Berget 7 - Coy Commander, Orlov's Mercs
Berget 8 - Poldavian Mountain goat

Picazzo
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Picazzo » 01 Jul 2008, 23:36

man that could have gone bad :P glad your all ok ^^

tom_sk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tom_sk » 02 Jul 2008, 00:33

few words from me:

positives:

-organization clearly improved comparing to B5, especially in terms of logistic
-great variety of missions
-variety of fighting factions and in-game diplomacy that really mattered (thanks waffelke :) )
- in-game money & other role-playing stuff
-rush who made his best to keep us informed whenever possible and basically run the place most of the time

negatives:

-logistics still lacking (toilet issue and lack of tents mentioned in previous posts)
-not enough missions (I had a feeling we completed all the missions B6 crew had ready too fast. Afterwards the crew did not have any spare ones to offer and we had to wait too long to receive ANY orders/missions)
-PERSONALLY I had a feeling that there were too many less experienced players, players that did not know the rules and players that did not speak/read English good enough in B6. This meant that I experienced much more cheating, violating the rules and misunderstandings than in B5.

Last year I wrote that I had fun at B5 in spite of Berget crew doing everything to ruin the whole thing. This year I can write that in spite of some players doing their best to ruin the event I had even more fun - thanks to other players as well as Berget crew.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the event both to players and crew.
you have already deleted my account twice, thank you!

Ming the Merciless
Private
Private

Post by Ming the Merciless » 02 Jul 2008, 13:00

To be honest, i came out of Berget very 50/50. There were some good moments but our team only saw 1-2 hours of action per day despite being up at 9am till 3am. There was so much wasted time and so many order changes, i can remember waking up at 8am for a special mission and the mission changing so much that we didn't leave the camp until 3pm.

For me the whole thing was about managing expectations of the team and the Berget team managing the event, both of which wasn't done. This ranged from services to missions to objectives to cheating.

Firstly the safe zone was a big walk from the bases. That should have been clarified and was a major factor in wasted effort and dissapointment.

There was only one shower in the safe zone and that was broken:
"We will supply toilets in the main Safe-zone and in all main bases. We will also provide showers in main Safe-zone."

There weren't enough tents. Also there was no admin showing anyone to their tents, so people were put in the wrong place and had to move.

I don't remember even seeing the first General. Then the only time i saw the second General was when he came to apologise. Much more visibility needed there.

Where were the briefings? The whole team needed to be briefed to explain the objectives of the day and where we all fit in - and by the time anyone got a handle on it people had started making their own objectives and completely ruining any organisation we had.

The only meetings that were organised to discuss objectives were organised by Falk after all the palava with the General etc. A big thanks to Falk for all his efforts in what was a very challening situation.

The missions were ok in their own right but they had no masterplan. "we're going to go take this hill from Nato" ... but the big question was why? A lot of the time the response was "just to see some action", rather than for an actual tactical reason.

A colour map with enemy bases and objectives as numbers on was available to the commanders towards the end - why didn't the players receive a copy?! We wasted so many hours looking for bases with mis-quoted co-ordinates on the map.

Barely anyone knew about the new oil field respawn point - this really would have helped our assualts.

We were refused help from a lot of our platoon with vehicle support at the most critical point in the game, getting the virus so we could launch on Nato in the morning - that could have won us the game.

We also had encounter range issues with 3 of our members being shot repeatedly at close range with an M249 even though they were wearing their wounded flags. We got their numbers but it was the last day.

We also had one of our team lying down on the ground with his wounded flag on his head, unarmed- a Nato troop came along and shot him in the face at 2 metres - leading to a bad injury and almost a lost tooth. he would have got the number but he was in too much pain at the time.

There was also a point when we had just been killed by the same dangerous players above, then they came up to the respawn point with signs and tape marking the area and started opening fire with M249's.

All of these could have been prevented with marshalling. I hope these players are banned from further Berget games.

But i won't finish on a negative note. We had some great moments including capturing the virus rocket and (almost!) getting it back down the hill, getting captured by Nato (which was hilarious, especially as i filmed the whole thing on my shoulder camera) and taking the hill on the last day. Again, big tanks to Falk and a shout out to the Danish guys - we (the UK team) had a great time playing and hope to see you again soon.

The verdict? While i would do more international games i won't be doing Berget again, i'm afraid there were just too many issues and i'm just not willing to deal with dangerous play like that. People say that the UK has a lot of non-hit taking but the reality is the UK is very well marshalled and safe.
Last edited by Ming the Merciless on 02 Jul 2008, 16:42, edited 2 times in total.
Ming the Merciless
Defenders of the Earth Airsoft Team
General Conrads Mercenaries

E-mail us: info@doeairsoft.com

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 02 Jul 2008, 13:51

Ming the Merciless wrote: There were some SERIOUS cheating issues. Nato were renowned for not taking hits. SRP used glass bb's to shatter the windscreens of one of the vehicles (yes they were glass, we found them lodged in the windscreen) AND KEPT FIRING AFTER THE WINDOWS HAD BEEN SMASHED.
So now it begins? The game didn't go so well, so everyone was cheating?

Only thing I have to say, that us Finns couldn't use glass BB's. Why? Because we cannot get our hands on them anywhere. We can't buy them anywhere. And why the hell should we? Those are as illegal here in Finland as they were in berget 6. The same rules to the metallic BB's also.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 02 Jul 2008, 14:06

Ming the Merciless wrote: There were some SERIOUS cheating issues. Nato were renowned for not taking hits.
I guess that's why I had to medic almost a whole NATO squad all by myself, that's why we got wiped out so fast in the SRP convoy attack, just to name a few instances. :wink:

Over the whole event, I met only one instance of "not taking" hits - and that was an overexcited red guy whom we had to shoot about 4 times before calling hit. That was my 1st hand experience, and I don't take 2nd hand info and rumors into account. Begginers, unexperienced players are quick to whine (and I met a lot of whiners, won't say from which nation) about cheating, supposed hits, etc. I took a lot of pics and saw no serious issues (except those I mentioned in my short review) or blatant cheating on either sides.

Please, don't generalize.

One time, after calling hit, I was shot 3 more times with a powerful gun, close range, with a huge orange bedsheet on my head, but I won't bitch about it here. Airsoft is a sport where you get shot, get injured, teeth shot out, etc - especially when hundreds of players throwing plastic around. There will be chaos, friendly fire, close range shooting, lots of it. Those who can't take this should look for smaller, more controlled events - or a different hobby, like video games or chess.

As for the steel and glass BB (some said they were transparent plastic BBs) as far as I know they were permitted by the rules. It was stupid rule, no argument about that one, but using them was no cheating, just reckless/dangerous gaming.
Last edited by Trasher-HU on 02 Jul 2008, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

[JH]crazydog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by [JH]crazydog » 02 Jul 2008, 14:09

Hello Mercs,

first I want to thank you for the great time we had.
Details on positives and crap I will handle with the people that concerns.

about the glass-BB we found out later in the night that there are form Bioval the BBBMAX that are looking and behavior like glass.
For the moment I could not give you more details about the true material, but I personally do no longer believe that glass-bb were used.
It were ordinary (regular) BB used by a overtuned gun.
Jarheads never die, they just go to hell to regroup

Berget 10 -
Berget 9 - Freno's XO
Berget 8 - PSYOPS XO
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlov's Mercs HQ-Staff
Berget 6 - Conrad's Mercs XO

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 02 Jul 2008, 16:17

Ming the Merciless wrote:

There were some SERIOUS cheating issues. Nato were renowned for not taking hits. SRP used glass bb's to shatter the windscreens of one of the vehicles (yes they were glass, we found them lodged in the windscreen) AND KEPT FIRING AFTER THE WINDOWS HAD BEEN SMASHED.
I only heard of one broken window, and it broke when the driver shut one of his doors. And we didn't keep shooting after the vehicle had stopped.

Scorpions
Private
Private

Post by Scorpions » 02 Jul 2008, 23:00

Cpt,

I cant say if the driver closed his door so hard that the window broke or not, but I can tell you that there was bullet holes in the red flag on top of the vehicle, as well as the front wind screen and in the body of the car itself.

And that makes it easy to belive that SRP, without meaning it or not, shot and broke the window. You get me? No hard feelings you rushing scary wannabe Russian, but there is easy to start blaiming one another.

Team Scorpions had a lot of fun and sure hope everybody had too.

See you guys next year and remember: Mercs dont die!!!

Erwin
Private
Private

Post by Erwin » 02 Jul 2008, 23:26

To Mind the Merciless.

Dear God.

Bullet hole in a window, cleanly cut trough, without any shattering?

Real bullet hole: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbvi ... shield.jpg

And I bet real bullets fly faster than your imagined ones.
Your "bullets" need to fly in supersonic speeds, with their own-source heating to melt trough the glass, if they are to pass without any shattering.
And the heating needs to be way over 600 degrees celsius. At least.

And for the flag:
To pass trough simple linen cloth, the bullet must fly very fast and be sharp-pointed, or fly amazingly fast, without sharp head.

meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Ok

Post by meathead » 02 Jul 2008, 23:47

Thats enough of this is this topic. End this now! This is a thread about Merc side of game or i will ask the berget crew to close this thread!

Take it up in´the good or bad thread!

/Meathead.
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 03 Jul 2008, 00:15

An old windshield will break very easily due to the fact that they have alot of damages in them that cant be seen by the human eye.

If severeal people shot at a windshield it will start to vibrate like waves after pebbles being thrown into a pond. When these ripples meet the windshield breaks through material dissonance.

I talked to everyone in both windshield incidents and noone had illegal weapons.

As Meathead said there will be no more discussion about any supposed illegal bullets!!!
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 03 Jul 2008, 00:19

Scorpions wrote:I can tell you that there was bullet holes in the red flag on top of the vehicle, as well as the front wind screen and in the body of the car itself.
Are you a bullet hole (or just a bullsh*t) expert? :wink:

A 600fps (3.3 Joule) rifle can't punch through a 0.5mm steel sheet at point-blank (muzzle contact) range, even after repeated shots to the same exact spot.

I saw nice holes in some of the vehicles as the result of rust pitting...

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 03 Jul 2008, 00:36

NIN wrote:An old windshield will break very easily due to the fact that they have alot of damages in them that cant be seen by the human eye.

If severeal people shot at a windshield it will start to vibrate like waves after pebbles being thrown into a pond. When these ripples meet the windshield breaks through material dissonance.

I talked to everyone in both windshield incidents and noone had illegal weapons.

As Meathead said there will be no more discussion about any supposed illegal bullets!!!
Lets call mythbusters!
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 03 Jul 2008, 00:56

:D :lol: Mythbuztahz!!

Modern glued front and back windscreens are mounted at high tension and are thus a bit more brittle than old-school rubbermounted ones.

Sidewindows are rarely laminated and are thus more voulnerable.
If an automotive window is worn it does not take much energy for it to shatter.
Although the energy of an airsoft munition is relatively low the impact surface is small and thus the contact energy can be high.
Add to that 1000rds at the same time in a tight spread and glass will shatter.

Ive seen modern automotive windows shatter from the closing of doors before B6.
As an example older model VW Passat combi with the 1st gen glued rearwindows actually shattered spontaniously from tension.
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3