*** NATO feedback thread ***

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 01 Jul 2008, 10:58

When Brujo asked me a few months back to lead a platoon at Berget 6, I jumped at the chance. But then as time went by and it was getting closer to the event I found apprehension and worry setting in. I had only led a squad a couple times during my airsoft experience and never been to a Berget event. In fact, I had never been to an event overseas before. Plus on top of that I was going to be commanding a group of nearly 30 lads that I have never met in my entire life. But anyone that knows me will know that I love nothing more than to grab a challenge by the balls and run with it.

My intent as a platoon commander for 1st Platoon of India Company was simply. I wanted to make the platoon the pride of the NATO force.

Well, India 1, you made your platoon commander bloody proud. I have never had the privilege with working with so many hardworking, motivating and decent guys (and girls) in all my time playing the sport. It was an honour to command the platoon. Thank you to everyone in the platoon for making my job an easy one.

The Israeli’s were a wonderful bunch of lads, and thank you guys for the lift back to Stockholm. It was great spending 24hrs in Stockholm with you; it was just a shame that my voice was trashed and thus preventing us from going out on the town and having a bloody good old social. The Irish, well the Irish were the Irish. You guys may have initially lacked experience due to the fact that Airsoft was only made legal in your country a couple of years ago, but you listened to my guidance and learnt quickly due to your complete and utter enthusiasm. When it came to a fire-fight ... well, you gave the enemy hell. The good old Irish spirit shone through and you kicked arse. But most of all I loved airsofting with you guys because you were all nut cases and you made me nearly piss myself through laughter on more than one occasion. In fact the voice of Kev the medic running to his wounded platoon commander shouting … “I’m coming for you sir, I am coming for you” made me laugh so much and will stay with me forever.

But let’s not forget the Danish, the Finnish, the Americans (all the way from bloody Alaska!!!) and the Slovenian (the platoon sharp shooter). It was a joy to work with you all. A big thanks must go to the Danish for bringing the jeep, that was a very handy asset to have within the platoon. And Dennis, you my friend are completely off your head!!! But you always put the smile back on the platoons faces again and you knew your military stuff like no other.

We as a platoon had some very memorable moments but the one that stood out by far was when we assisted the SRP with the defence of their bunker. That was the battle that demonstrated just how much India 1 had bonded like a band of brothers over the previous 4 days. We took the fight to the enemy big time. The only thing that can possibly describe it was MFV (maximum f**king violence)!!! I am positive that the enemy must have thought we were a company not a single platoon. We dominated the area around the bunker and held it for 3 or 4 hours before NATO reinforcements arrived. A big thank you has to go to Bravo company for their support and it was a pleasure fighting along side the SRP (you Finnish players are a real good bunch of lads).

So big thank you to my section commanders, Or, Thomas and Alex, and thanks to every member of India 1.

Brujo: You had a tough time mate, a bloody tough time, but you did not loose the plot and you kept on top of everything. In my mind you gave the event your absolute all, even though you were giving far much more to do than just commanding a NATO force. That takes guts, determination and leadership, and you had them all.

On to event….

I personally had a great time during the event (with the exception of Saturday, which I will not go in to here).

Yes there were administration issues, but as organiser from the UK and one that organises one of the more known events from the UK, I can honestly say that I take my hat off to ANYONE who has the balls to take on an event of this size.

I will pass on all my comments to the organisers via email.

On a final note, thank you to everyone in NATO. There was a real good friendly vibe around the base and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The whole experience made my first overseas game a positive one.
Last edited by wormbyte on 01 Jul 2008, 15:50, edited 2 times in total.

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 01 Jul 2008, 12:37

Wormbyte>>
U and your guys are welcome to fight beside me anytime.
I was at the x-rds watching and i was impressed.
GG!

Regrettably i could not stay for the entire party so i missed the opportunity to chatter more..

Nxt year!
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 01 Jul 2008, 13:05

Salvador wrote:
Ober-Lix wrote:
Salvador wrote:For now the only thing which I wish to share is:............messhole.
I very rarely lose my rag ! The situation you are refering to were beginning to run out of hand an shouting and screeming: " Lets go and kill them all!" or " never mind the bastards, we finish them off !" Had nothing to do with the mission you were supposed to execute. Running around like wild animals does not reflect very good behaviour and in no way a soldiers. I have called no one in particular a pig but I am not having anyone running nuts. On top of that came BE constandly changing their mind and informations.
You were unhappy ? What about me ?

Ober-Lix
Ober-Lix I would like to settle this with you by email: and I hope we (golf coy) just got a bad start. In the end you are the one who was an OP command with the power to change things. Of course I can understand you were unhappy. But I also understand all the reasons causing that unhappiness and I am not sure if considering the facts, it would be a legitimate excuse for what happened here. Again in the end you are the one who was an OP command with the power to change things one way or another.

By the way: not everybody was yelling and doing (and what they were shouting was a direct and specific order on the mission by OP Command).

Most of us sacrificed their game time and did stay on their watchposts as ordered. Me and Bloodhound non-stop for 14 hours at the second day -alone at main gate without backup or explanation -, also -of whom I can tell from experience- the rest of 1st Golf Coy did a great job.

So generalizing is never good thing to do. If some people of Golf coy behaved bad, why punish the whole coy for it.. If you lost your temper, which you would not expect from a commander but ok, understandable in certain situations. again; "it does not reflect very good behaviour and in no way a commanders."

But hey, I am not that short sighted so apologies are accepted, when given.... But I guess this is where the whole problem lies.

And please don't go calling the whole Golf coy unexperienced milsimmers, cause we talked 1 minute, we met you 1 time, so please do tell me......
On what are these conclusions based!?????? Cause it is so easy to classify someone as bad, but what are the real motivations. Tell us, it is facts we want not personal grunts as we expect are the ones now in play..

From the minute we arrived we helped building and defending the base (far in advance from official game time). so I am really really curious and with me far more people.

And to end my post; I do not bother walking miles and miles or have guard duty, hell that's part of the job I come here for. But note the word PART!
Imagine you get back to Italy, Denmark or where-ever you travelled thousands of miles from and have to reply on the question how the Berget experience was... "We'll we stood guard the whole time...". How would you feel?

Golf coy, 1st plt; my sincere respect for not deserting and staying until (almost) the end and taking over the guard duties of other (absence) coys!
Salvador, I truly sorry for losing my rag, but you have no idea what Brujo and I had to cope with. If you wish to discuss the matter with me further via e-Mail, ok here is my e-Mail address: miriblosto@aol.com.
To all other participants I send my greatest thanks and best reagards for all they did to help making Berget 6 work.
Basically I need to get over the upset that I am experieced. You know what it is like driving a car with the handbrakes on ?

Ober-Lix
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

chaplain
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by chaplain » 01 Jul 2008, 14:18

hey

i was a member of golf coy and i like to say a few things.

i think BE did a fantastic job, anyone who says otherwise, try and organise and event of the same magnitute and then ull have the right to bitch about BE.

all the people who whine about the WC, yes its true there werent that many. ( and u always could have assaulted the red base and use theres just like i did :D )
but i think BE has learned a lot from this game.

now about the nato forces,

my first experience with the commanders was rather bad ( actually worse then bad) let me explain.

as we ( grishkas platoon ) arrived we set up camp and started to make fortifications on the 3 o'clock gate ( acces route). all of the sudden Timo ( or wathever his name is, the german dude in charge of defense) comes running up and starts bitching and moaning about us not building well enough fortifications and that he with his 15 years of MP experience would guide us to build the fortifications the next day. he also said that we would et the help of about 80 men. so under his pressure we stopped building the fortifications.
and guess what there never were 80 men and at the start of the game the were no fortifications on the 3 o'clock gate except for the ones "grishka's" platoon had build. so the start for me went rather bad.
timo should never be put in charge of anything again.

next thing the rotations shedules timo said he was going to enforce never came and we ended up doing the base defence for the most of the first night.
i have no problem with defending just stick to the damn shedules.

second thing that brunjo should of done,

instead of making kick ass elements he should of mixed them abit so that we could learn from each other.
i mean was it so hard to devide the swedish in to smaller elements that could guide the rest of the platoons?
i think that by doing that we would of had a conclusive victory and not a small one like we had now.
also by creating a "newbie "platoon u should of forseen that there would be acts of mutiny ( im ashamed that it actually did happen though and im even more ashamed that the guys who were behind it came from my country).

the tasks that were given to platoon grishka were carried out to the letter and were in some cases very entertaining.
i must also mention that when golf coy was on guard duty no enemy got close to the base but on the otherhand when the other coy's where on guard dude, i sometimes found reds in the middle of the base.

about ober-linx going apeshit bonkers i have no idea what that was about so i will not comment on that issue.

guys just remember thats its a game and that winning is cool but participating in that game is much cooler and i think thats something command had forgotten.

all in all i had a great time and i am defenatly coming back next year.
also a big thanks to michiel for getting that kickass protection mission.

3 cheers for BE.

chaplain

bravo squad
2nd platoon
golf coy.

J. Maels
Newbee
Newbee

Post by J. Maels » 01 Jul 2008, 15:19

samson wrote:And as I recall, we retalliated in a few minutes and after 15/30 minutes all the more then 150 reds were kicked out.
bugaga, there was only 50-70 reds, not more :D
Rangers Lead The Way!
Врешь! не возмешь!

Stalker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Stalker » 01 Jul 2008, 16:59

Hi,everyone
I am Stalker from Fox 4!First of all I want to thank the Slovenian team and the Portuguese team for showing us how it suposed to be!They are friends around the camp fire and real soldiers in battle.

As Fox 4 we needed more experienced squad leader.No hard feelings at all.I hope next time we will see each other as good friends and brothers in arms.

We fox 4 were good soldiers - 18 hours ready for missions.It was more like a job to us.The job must be done,no matter what it is and feels like.

I realy missed the morning briefings -just to know the situation and changes in it.I think that its important-to know how the storygoes.Thesecret missions
are secret but the rest can be shared with troops.

I hope the Berget crue will learn from this game because there were a lot of gaps and mistakes.Cant you see that the serious players are ready for everything just to make it better no matter what happens-you must be
thankfull for all of us that didnot ruin the game and didnot quit.

And we want better toilets

I hope to see you all at Berget 7
8)

diomede
Corporal
Corporal

Post by diomede » 01 Jul 2008, 17:36

Hi,everyone,
at first i want to say thanks to Brujo, Ober-Lix and the crew, longtime we spent at the top of a mountain waiting Mercs, but no one arrive...this is not a problem for us because we love milsim and the great thing is stay there, not a problem if we don't shoot.
We think that Berget 6 was like a beautiful picture inside a great picture frame.
Thanks to Basetta, Sven and all players.
Next year will be there!!!!Thanks and bye from ITALY. Grazie.

Patria est ubicumque est bene (La patria è dovunque si stia bene)

Diomede
-India 2-
Band of Brothers soft air team
Last edited by diomede on 01 Jul 2008, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
WWW.BANDOFBROTHERS-SOFTAIR.IT
B6: NATO India Company - Squad Leader
B7: NATO Lima Company - Platoon Leader
B8 NAF 5th Infantry - 2nd Battallion Commander

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 01 Jul 2008, 17:46

Oh yeah, thanks for the great company up at Lima 21 to the Italians, was a really nice scenery out there, and really nice to get some rest before we had to move down and bail out India 1-0 at the base of the mountain. :P

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 01 Jul 2008, 17:59

Tystnad wrote:before we had to move down and bail out India 1-0 at the base of the mountain. :P
:lol: You cheeky bugger. I thought I would bring you down off the mountain because you might be getting bored and needed a bit of company. Plus it was not fair for India One to hog all the action. :P

But the extra support was appreciated. :)

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 01 Jul 2008, 18:25

Thanks For everrything lads.
Lookin' forward to working with all of you on a later game.

I'll post a more detailed feedback lateron,

But Softers , have to learn how to hold your water ;) I'll never forget Ian's face when he came over to us on the left flank " Your bloody, fu***ing nuts! It's water, and you ain't jesus!"
K638

"Speak trough action"

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 01 Jul 2008, 18:42

My dear friends of Berget 6,
I thank you all for trying to make a location with so much promisses work. Still my friends I am very upset because I could not work the way I should have. Specially Ian from India Coy I like to make a special compliment. He is a guy I would gladly go to war with on my side. I don´t want to start complaining about things that run wrong at Berget but never the less, it is time to show my gratitude to all who were with me and tryied to make the best of it. I blame myself for not being able to do more but the stones in the road were to big and the support from you know who were unfortunately very poor.
Again I say thank you to all of you for putting the trust in me and I would have liked to shake each and everybodies hand but I am so upset that things did not go the way they have should gone.

Ober-Lix
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

Bloodhound
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bloodhound » 01 Jul 2008, 19:33

I agree with you on that part oberlix. I never spoke to Ian personally but I liked his spicy style at the briefings.

I think he could be our next Nato commander. He has got a great getting things done mentality.
-----Berget 6 - NATO Forces - Golf 1------

-----DARKWORLD AIRSOFT SQUAD-------

--------Royal Dutch Navy Reserve---------

mr longbow
Newbee
Newbee

Post by mr longbow » 01 Jul 2008, 20:11

big thanks from all 11 guys of 1st squad, india 1, this was our 1st big event and our 1st sample of milsim, so we had no idea what to expect!
lets just say that we will be going back to ireland with a whole new concept of gaming and how it should be done right

there is only one person we can thank for this , and that of course would have to be Ian(wormbyte)
he taught us how to move as a squad and use the buddy system to maximum advantage
if it were not for Ian pulling missions out of the commanders pockets and leading the way, we would have definately come home with a different opinion of berget

we were tabbing for several hours daily with some firefights lasting only half that at the end of the day, but this was the good point of milsim which we all enjoyed
even base defense was a good example of milsim when we breaking contact and forming perimiters at the 3 o clock point of the nato base at the early hours of sat morn
also thanks to viking and norman for running us ragged :o for 20 minutes after we finished base defense at 3 o clock on sat morn just as we were meant to go to bed :D

a good experience was had by all, and Ian , you inspired confidence in us and made being in command look second nature

c u next year

Al
squad leader
1st squad
india 1
Nato

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 01 Jul 2008, 21:07

wormbyte>>

You were to older gentleman that I explained the situation for at the crossroads? :x

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 01 Jul 2008, 21:22

What crossroads would that be Cpt?