Player evaluation + & -

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Player evaluation + & -

Post by Cpt » 29 Jun 2008, 22:02

Good

- SRP! Very good and effective fighting force with a strong command.
- Good level of action. Not to much and not to little.
- Overall good game. Trustee and number system is very good.

Anus

- The beerparty. 100SEK for that piece of garbage food?! Not even a
restaurant would charge that much! Some cold potatoes, sauce and salad with a medium hot and poorly spiced piece of meat??? And I guess that the non alcoholic beverage were those 33cl cans of soda...for 20SEK? My god! You've must have made a fortune on the beer party!

Last year the food was great! Really great! You could eat as much as you wanted and there was good beer. But this year? What a let down after a great game.

My team finished half our plates and left after 30 minutes and ended up at the pub "Bittens" having fun with some Portuguese players and other Swedes. Oh, and the drinks were hell of a lot cheaper than at the beerparty.

sveija
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

re

Post by sveija » 30 Jun 2008, 10:44

true what he said about the beer party.

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 30 Jun 2008, 12:00

About the food and stuff:
I took up the issue with the berget crew at place and was informed that the ones fixing the food was another company and they didn't have anything to do with them in any way really. Well, other then that they were allowed to be there and serve their overpriced food. I was at the party after berget 5 as well and it was much better.

Me and my mates went to a pizzeria and bought us a pizza each after that dissapointing meal which we thought we could get more of without having to pay more. You were not even close to being satisfied by that little that you got.

So, i don't want to moan to berget crew about that, but i advise them to take a look at what their food partner will serve and at which price. If i had known what i was going to get before i paid, i would at tops paid 60 SEK for the meal and the soda. Seriusly, it was all cheap ingredients and the meat was of the low quality sort, not a fine meat or anything. 120 SEK was simply a total rip-off and i would like berget crew to forward my complaint to the company and not to allow them to fix the food next year.

By the way, who was it that fixed the food? I think i might go on a principal block on them.
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 30 Jun 2008, 12:43

GOOD:

-SRP was very well organized and I have no regrets on the decisions made during the game. Big thanks to the whole of SRP! Tack Taksi, CPT och alla andra!
-MERCS, NATO and UN were all a great sport. I personally wouldn't want to see any posts about people not taking their hits because I got the feeling every side complained just as much as the other one :) I felt everybody enjoyed their time and had fun shooting at people from foreign countries.
-Civillians really got into their roles. I guess they had LARPing experience of some sort at least, a big kudos to them! Especially the downed pilot, ms Välivaara! :D

BAD:

-The overpriced meal at the beerparty. It's pretty much all said above but what I thought was also a bit unreasonable from the provider was that 20 eur was held equal to 160 kronor(really something closer to 220 kr). That means for the meal you actually payed 14 euros. Just myself to blame I guess for not changing enough money at the start of the trip but I'm sure a lot of people from other parts of europe used euros too. For 14 euros you'd actually get some three large pizzas that would certainly have been more satisfying than the meal served at the party.
Well, nobody started the trip with the intention of saving money I guess so a few euros won't kill anybody. Just left a slightly bad taste of the party to most of us Finns at least. A few bears on the way back made it all go away so no greater harm done there :)

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 30 Jun 2008, 12:45

Good:

- SRP: Never fails to amaze me how well the guys from Finland play.
- Berget Events: Really made an effort to improve things from B5. Bravo.

Not so good

- The terrain is great, but we use so little of it, and all the walking generates the most issues. Obviously not an easy one to solve, but a balance needs to be found.
- The beer party was much more fun after b5.
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

soljarka
Corporal
Corporal

Post by soljarka » 30 Jun 2008, 12:48

Good:
my squad,
my platoon,
my company,
some good and tough battles,
great international party,
rule with a numer on an armband,
showers in the safe zone,
tv for football

Bad:
We have paid the same amount of money for this game, but the supplies for base camps were different.
Slow and weak reaction of game masters on accidents and rule breaking.
Stupid puppet theater with faulty missions, which breaked most of fun for many players. Thanks to our coy commander Lynx we were relatively free to choose, what to do. Guys, in this case next time just don't listen to any orders from those puppet masters, who worry only about a "scenario". Just be active, agile and deadly, act with reason and have fun.

Maybe more bads/goods later.

Pahapaavali
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Pahapaavali » 30 Jun 2008, 14:32

Thx to everyone for a great game!

Bad:
- the bomb didn't go off at the right time when we (SRP) attacked NATO convoy
- the last battle, if our opposition was 300+ players, where were they?

Good:
- SRP, we were great, never hesitated to obey any order and did our best to do even the most boring duty as best as we could. We acted as a coherent group and didn't break up into small bands going rogue.
- 2 toilets at our camp :) didn't have any at the swamp last year :)
- Game area and very beautiful scenery.
- Plus many many things which would take hellava lot space to write down
- Berget Crew for lessons learned from berget 5.
.:FFOIF:.

beast
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by beast » 30 Jun 2008, 15:42

Good

In my personal experience I've found the game in general really good. Of course there have been problems but for what concern INDIA 2 we really had great time.

Bad

Lack of Hygenical infrasctures, war is war ok, but I think Berget should garantee at least some hot water in some hours of the day's game. Icy opened showers in a windy land are really hard to digest.
No comments about the "Toilettes", fortunally the wood was a great alternative.

The Marshalls were ghosts, when Mercs have moved a mass attack against Nato base, there where plenty of death Mercs that were standing in the line of fire, talking and kidding, instead of proceed to their respawn point. In general I've experienced a very bad attitude of Mercs players, the most of them wasn't able to make them understand in English and they didn't respesct some basics rules such respawning and healing (they didn't apply white bands but they simply touch to heal).
When I start asking why they didn't proceed to respawn they told me:"Because is far away". In reality their respawn point was quite close to Nato Base. In any case they were cheating.
The marshalls were simply standing behind the corners and I had to call them to see.
I think there must be at least one marshall in each base every time.
Also during the last mass attack of Nato forces against Mercs base, there have been a lot of discussions, some really hard, but the marshall arrived after a lot of time, when everything was already finished.
Last edited by beast on 30 Jun 2008, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

Filjka
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Filjka » 30 Jun 2008, 16:10

+Big, interesting and very beautiful terrain
+nice missions
+"white nights"- dont need to use flashlights to see anything in forest
+SRP playing
+one of game master helped me to reach gas station when went to it after the game. Thanks for him!

-Where was the tanks? I didnt saw them..
-Noone travels me and my teammates to mission places by vehicles. NATO- only by cars.
-NATO dont need to wear eye protection when they are in their base.
-If NATO is "off-game", they dont need to wear orange flags.
-kicking out of game one of our guy for nothing (i think, another topic will be created about this accident)
-chroning IN game time really sucks because anyone can use 0.25 gramm pellets and more when measuring velocity.
-cant see small dark-blue and dark-yellow armbands of NATO and SRP
-"food" which i have got for food tickets was not food.
-why to chrone weapons if anyone can replace crone "tickets" with another? you should write type of weapon on them

Anyway, game was cool! thanks to organisators and all players!

beast
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by beast » 30 Jun 2008, 16:18

Filjka wrote: -why to chrone weapons if anyone can replace crone "tickets" with another? you should write type of weapon on them
Yep this is a non sense.

Nobody has checked the magazines at check in and croning.

Bloodhound
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bloodhound » 30 Jun 2008, 16:33

beast wrote:
Filjka wrote: -why to chrone weapons if anyone can replace crone "tickets" with another? you should write type of weapon on them
Yep this is a non sense.

Nobody has checked the magazines at check in and croning.
I know for sure there were many high caps around!
-----Berget 6 - NATO Forces - Golf 1------

-----DARKWORLD AIRSOFT SQUAD-------

--------Royal Dutch Navy Reserve---------

circuit
Private
Private

Post by circuit » 30 Jun 2008, 16:49

Berget 6 was were entertaining game. Thank you Berget crew. Here are some points from SRP side.

Good
- Base had toilets and plenty of water.

- Crew asked from us what we were lacking. (They emptyed the toilets and we got more water ect)

- The 0300-0900 bace off-game rule. Airsoft is a game where everyone is trying to have fun and tired players are not fun to play with.

Bad
- The two first days.
No real enemy. We had made peace with all sides in about the first 6 hrs and probaly we could have maintained that trough the whole game. We made peace with general Conrad because there was 400 of them and only 150 of us. Berget 5 was more clearer (Russia VS NATO). People were getting really worried that nothing will happend and they will only get guard duty. So our commander had to make up some missions. (Like the attack on UN base on 25.06.08 at 0200)

(By the way it was wery odd that after we had ambushed a major NATO convoy they still send some medical supplies to us and did not think us as the enemy)

- The lack of information from the crew about what was going on.
Some kind of Berget 6 news paper would have been useful. It could have been A4 that would told the players what had happened and what was going on. That had keeped every player informed about the game plot. We tryed to keep the SRP side informed of what was going on but had there been more than 150 players on our side it would have been much more harder. Plus we had only two languages is use.

nbIBACuK
Private
Private

Post by nbIBACuK » 30 Jun 2008, 17:46

about arm bands, take a look at SPR armband:

small and invisible

and now take a look at Conrads arm bands:

little bit bigger(according to rules)

Bloodhound
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bloodhound » 30 Jun 2008, 17:59

The armbands were not checked either. There were some small armbands on the other sides to.

I quote: Armbands must be at least 11cm and will be checked......... just like the magazines.
Last edited by Bloodhound on 30 Jun 2008, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
-----Berget 6 - NATO Forces - Golf 1------

-----DARKWORLD AIRSOFT SQUAD-------

--------Royal Dutch Navy Reserve---------

Ukkosleka
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkosleka » 30 Jun 2008, 18:04

Yes, we had a problem with our armbands. Most of the finnish players got their armbands from the same source. It just happened so, that those armbands werent too good and rolled up (as in the picture). I tried to hold mine nicw and wide, but it just didnt work too well.

I would like to apologize for my and other finns part.