Player evaluation + & -

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2008, 00:29

Bloodhound wrote:
Hmm,

You can check mine. It does not stink. Maybe only once a day :lol:

Hygene is very important. It is one of the first things they teach you in the armed forces. Toilets may stink but they are supposed to be clean. Next time I will take a dump in the enemy foxholes or in the commanders hat :lol:
I meant those "field and festival" toilets. Don't know the exact name for them in English, sorry about that. Would've made my point more clear.

First thing they teach in Finnish Armed Forces is how to take a dump in a REAL crisis situation. Without a closed door and privacy. And no toilet paper. Please do not patronize me about military training.

The only difference being, that toilet does not stink, it has some billion cubic meters of airspace ;)

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2008, 00:45

Bloodhound wrote:Maybe bad hygene is the reason you don't see many finnish armed forces around the world. :D :lol:
FDF has been around the world for over 50 years now, cleaning up the mess after NATO, SEATO and some other pee-heads _around the world_. 47 people have been killed in these operations over the years, and some 30000 _RESERVISTS_ have served in 28 operations, including Suez Canal, Cyprus, Lebanon, Namibia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Afghanistan. The first one being UNEF I at Suez Canal, in 1956. Just a year after Bundeswehr was re-established...

You don't probably see our boys in news or on "Time magazine" but they are there, hundreds of them, every single year. We don't like to be on the frontpage, nor be noticed by name. Neither we like to wage war and kill people just to look good and "thump our chest". Keeping up the peace is 1000 times harder than pulling the trigger...
No just kidding, it's just my personal opinion. We can't agree on everything at Berget I guess.
I suggest you make your personal opinions based on factual info, not hear-say or assumptions. Some things are not to be "kidded" about. I probably take this too seriously, but I am a proud UN-veteran and I feel personally offended every time they push us down.

Bloodhound
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bloodhound » 02 Jul 2008, 10:42

That was not my intention! I apologise if I went out of line there!

I agree on your opinion about toilets in the field but hopefully you do understand that you can not compare a civil airsoft event hygene with real crisis situations hygene.
-----Berget 6 - NATO Forces - Golf 1------

-----DARKWORLD AIRSOFT SQUAD-------

--------Royal Dutch Navy Reserve---------

[JH]crazydog
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by [JH]crazydog » 02 Jul 2008, 12:20

beast wrote:Good

...When I start asking why they didn't proceed to respawn they told me:"Because is far away". In reality their respawn point was quite close to Nato Base. In any case they were cheating.
The marshalls were simply standing behind the corners and I had to call them to see...
I will not argue with you who was cheating or not, there was cheating on all sides.

But the respwan-point of the mercs was between merc-base and main-safe-zone on half way up the hill, so it was not realy near nato-base as you think.

I hope Berget -Crew will think aboput the respawn-points for next event.
With a better respawn-situation i believe much of cheating will not happen, because players will not have to march over a hour to get to respawn and back to game.
Jarheads never die, they just go to hell to regroup

Berget 10 -
Berget 9 - Freno's XO
Berget 8 - PSYOPS XO
Berget 7 - Yuri Orlov's Mercs HQ-Staff
Berget 6 - Conrad's Mercs XO

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 02 Jul 2008, 13:18

Now I have seen it all.

I do feel right now, that I've been playing with a bunch of little girls, who whine and bitch about every single little thing they can set their eyes on.

The toilets. THE TOILETS!! You had them, and they were even better and more spacious than most I've seen in my life! What are you whining about the hygiene?? they had plenty of paper there for you to wipe your smooth bottoms and plenty of desinfectant for your hands (and for your ass too!). I brought my own desinfectant for my hands, because I expected not to see any toilets around - especially ones with desinfectant.

Living in the forest IS dirty and it IS uncomfortable! Get used to it or stop playing airsoft. Next year your girlies will be whining about the LACK OF SHOWERS or some crazy wild crap like that.

I think that the reason behind this complaining is the fact that 99% of the players are completely at lost when it comes to living in forest for longer than 2 hours. Perhaps for next year the crew (or, one of us finns who don't seem to have any problems!!) should write a simple, basics instructions on how to take care of hygiene and sanitation in the woods - I certainly seem to know few tricks that I thought were just common sense but don't really seem to be.

It's sad that even serving in the military in central europe doesn't seem to provide you the means to survive during a crisis. I wonder if you'd really see huge latrines towed after you during a real life crisis.

And yes, this is airsoft, I know that. But since the living conditions are close to that of a real crisis situation and since the reality is, that things were (and most likely will be) what they were, nothing stops you from adapting to the situation and making the best out of it.

Like it has been said many many many many many many many many many many times before, last year my side didn't even have a god damn single toilet in the whole base!! Closest one was over 2 kilometres away. But you still didn't see any of us whining back then and it seemed that everyone else was almost dying out there, because the toilets were some 400 meters away instead of right in front of their noses. Atleast this year you got it better!

I am indeed flaming you guys a lot right now with this angry comment. Maybe then you'll see how childish all that complaining looks like.

Bloodhound
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bloodhound » 02 Jul 2008, 22:35

relax dude!

It is very nice to hear that you are a Rambo type of person but if the question is asked about good or bad things people should be free to give their opnion.

If there is some room to change things in next events these posts can be useful.

If you have some tips you can start a topic on the next Berget forum.
-----Berget 6 - NATO Forces - Golf 1------

-----DARKWORLD AIRSOFT SQUAD-------

--------Royal Dutch Navy Reserve---------

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 03 Jul 2008, 00:17

B4, we hardly got water in the guerillabase.
B5, we hauled the water 700m to our "base".
B6 was the first year i experienced toilets and "running" water in the base.

I was happy and enjoyed every game.

We just have to accept that a lot of panzies attend these games.

B7 people will demand masseuses, a hairsalon and airconditioned housing..
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 03 Jul 2008, 09:36

Bloodhound wrote:relax dude!
I am, was just flaming you guys a little in order to get you to think or to say something that makes sense ;)
If you have some tips you can start a topic on the next Berget forum.
I probably will, since there is obviously a need for all sorts of tips and info.

JoNi
Newbee
Newbee

Post by JoNi » 03 Jul 2008, 11:20

This was my first Berget game and I whined of lot of thinks, but I thought the toilets were the best and they were clean as they could be at our camp.
-Berget 6 SRP Sniper/Engineer Snake 3-

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 03 Jul 2008, 13:43

Bloodhound wrote:That was not my intention! I apologise if I went out of line there!
A bit maybe, but probably just from my point of view :oops: As I said, I always am a bit touchy about this issue. Which was off-topic anyway, so we should consider it "case closed".
Bloodhound wrote:I agree on your opinion about toilets in the field but hopefully you do understand that you can not compare a civil airsoft event hygene with real crisis situations hygene.
Of course it is not the same thing, but as Roska stated above, AS event is also a military simulation, and it includes adapting to situations un-similar to civilian life and comforts.

On feedback, I agree. Service promised should equal to service provided, if the agreed price is paid by the customer. But the point when we go to grey area, is when customers expect service not agreed on writing and when they're expectations are opinion-based. Then it IS problematic and feedback on those things is of course always welcome, at least I feel so when I arrange events in my "home turf". But it should also be expected that the arranger of the event will correlate the requests and feedback on resources and possiblities to provide the services as they see fit.

And it is not very practical to make a 300-page detailed contract on services in an airsoft event ;) So until that happens, I think we (the players) should accept there are grey areas.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 03 Jul 2008, 14:05

I think the toilets in the SRP base were not as bad as those in the NATO base.
In the NATO base, we had one of the newer, plastic toilets, and it wasn't too bad, really.
We also had a small trailer with four awful old toilets on, these smelled like shit, and crap was smeared all over the seat.

Next year I'll get a BC for my team; a Bæsj & Carry (poop and carry) :)
Much better to shit out in the open, with fresh air and birsong, than in those smelly, claustrophobic coffins.

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 03 Jul 2008, 14:14

But, ofcourse, if people would just actualy shit IN THE TOILET, and clean it after they are DONE, it would be a lot nicer for everyone comming after. I personaly had no problem with the 4 trailer toilets, I picked the one that lookt the best, cleaned it up, did my stuff, and cleand it again before leaving. Took me 1 min of cleaning total.
It might be the fact that I spent my entire basic traning cleaning the company toilets, so I dont mind cleaning shit..but as long as you wash your hands and any part that comes in contact with the stuff, you will survive having to clean shit up.
More toilets would be good, but there was no big problem (I never spent more then 2 min in a line to wait for one).

I might write a more "Berget 6 general feedback" post later, but just needed to have a say on the toilet "problem"
"go to your God like a soldier!"

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 03 Jul 2008, 23:25

So people can't hit their target even in the toilet?

I can see the situation;

Unnamed player; "Take the hit you stupid toilet seat!!"
Toilet seat; "You're using unauthorized ammunition!"
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

mcuz
Private
Private

Post by mcuz » 04 Jul 2008, 10:55

personally I took my toilet paper roll and my shovel and built my own toilet using a log. Had a in my opinion a perfect dump with first class sea view upon a mountain.

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 04 Jul 2008, 11:17

Should this this thread be called "Good or from Anus"?
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO