SRP Feedback

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
Glim
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Glim » 01 Jul 2008, 00:58

I just have to say it to all of the SRP's...:

You guys (and girls) really were the best players at B6! I only met you for about 4 houers Ingame (I think it was), but you really impressed me.

A big thanks to Ada, who made me laugh when I was sitting there all alone, and with whom I could talk girly with. :P I had so much fun throwing cones at people. ^^ You rock girl!

Also a big thanks to the guy who translated my last name for me and who bought me a cider at the beerparty. :) You got some great hugs. :) (I really suck at names -__-)

Olli - Thanks for selling me to the Mercs, the walk back and forth to the camp was.. nice... Then to see that car with the red flags... I was just chocked. :P Never expected that one coming acctually. :P

And Taksi, stop displaying that picture of me everywhere! >_< It's not like it's a good picture or anything. :P

Thanks for a good event! I'm hoping to see you all next year aswell!

/Emma Wälivaara,
the wounded pilot who knew absolutely nothing of worth :P

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 01 Jul 2008, 11:53

First of all, thank you for this great game. Great success. We were small, but we were determined. And it took as trough hell and fire to.... VICTORY! The spirit of winter war lives on :)

This was the first big game for me as a platoon leader. I was nervous but in the end I think everything went really well. I would like to have some feedback.

Biggest thanks to Olli. You organized this trip once again and lead us to victory. Great leader has a great bunch of soldiers. Also thank you for the whole tiger squad, in my case a big thank for SGT (Tiger 3) also. You helped me a lot few times.

Then I have to give a big hand to my platoon, Snake, for completing every task. Even if it was many hours sitting and guarding empty forest/road, you did it. With allmost none whining. Thank you squad leaders to listening to me, doing what I told you to do and informing your men. Job well done.

Thanks also to Rat platoon. Information you gathered and delivered was very important and useful for us. You did a bang up job also.

One of the greatest moments for me was planning the convoy ambush, trying to explain it on the "sandbox" so everyone knows what to do. I hope I managed to do that. It was more difficult than man could imagine. English words slipping away and so on. But it was cool anyways :) And the ambush went well. The bombs didn't go off when they were supposed to, but still, it went really well. I should have planned back-up mining on the road little further away just in case that bombs should fail. This was partially my fault.

Only negative thing I like to bring up is as follows. I talked about this with Whale during the last day. Next time, try to circle every platoon in every duty as equally as possible (parting out Recon). This time it was like those more "skilled" platoons got to do the most fighting and "demanding" jobs, as the not so "skilled" sat on guard etc. For example our platoon sat 2 days guarding the road. OK, it was because of the ambush, but still. And on the last day we were put on that part of the hill where was no fighting at all. At any time. 5h sitting. First we were on that part of hill where Leka were put to, but called away. I think it would be reasonable to let everyone experience all that is availabel. Another example: we even didn't see UN base, other squads or platoons were there twice or more. I'm not blaming anyone, just critisizing for next year. We all pay the same amount, we all play airsoft, so no one should be favoured over the others because of skill or what ever.

Over all, great event. Thank you everybody. Friend or "foe" :)

"There are roads which must not be followed, armies which must not be attacked, towns which must not be besieged positions which must not be contested."
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 01 Jul 2008, 12:23

:D

THX Emma! You were a great prisoner! We all wondered where u got the patience to sit around and be stared at all day..
I think the pic is great, it summarizes the spirit of the game!

Best captive ever!
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 01 Jul 2008, 14:30

Windi, I think we all did our fair share of guard duty.
The first two days Hammer Platoon was guarding the crossing and the oilwells or digging foxholes and fortifying positions near our posts. We did take the occasional sprint to the convoy to meet you guys, but that was only one squad from our platoon. The rest were stuck guarding. The first action we saw was the ambush. The rest of the game we were defending the oilwells and the radar station up in the hill.
If i remember correctly, both our platoon and your platoon was sitting guarding the oilwells, and hell broke lose in our base. We decided to leave Hammer (and Dog) to guard the wells, while you guys got to run to base and rape the enemy. Don't understand me wrong, that was the right call to do, since our guys were spread to both oilwells. And besides that, i think guard duty fucking ruled. We got a nice group of really nice people and time just flew by, even thou the enemy was far away.

I think hammer squad sat ~50% of the time guarding different areas and 20% travelling and 30% fighting, but hey, that was okay for me. I have been in the army and i know that most of the time an effective army sits still, guarding and waiting for the enemy to make the wrong decision (like attacking our guard posts).

Dog platoon guys, you ruled. There was not a single time i felt unsecure with you or untrustworthy against you. If you were given a area to guard, you sure did your job, and good.

Windi, your ambushplan rocked, and the sandbox was very nice.
I still remember the question "So whats does that rock symbolize then?" "-That one? *picks it up and throws it away* Thats just a rock." :D

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 01 Jul 2008, 14:41

HAU-HAU! Thx, and the same to U! The battle for the x-ing was great!
I think dog spent about 10.000 rds/sqd that day! :?
Some times its nice to wait for the enemy to come to you... :D
Talk about target rich enviroment, they were relentless!

...Who let the dogs out, who who-who-who who!
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 01 Jul 2008, 14:41

Yes, I know. Those were just the things people complained to me. The point was, that let's circle every platoon in every duty in every place, so no one can whine that they didn't get to be there or do that. Even if it still is sitting on guard.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

jm

Post by jm » 01 Jul 2008, 15:16

First of all I'd like to thank organizers of "Berget6" event as it was extremely well organized and established, and I and my group had a very good time in Sweden!

Event in a nutshell from my point of view:

First day and a half consisted of mostly waiting for the convoy to arrive. Second night we "visited" Russian base and shot some members of opposing team. During the following day the convoy arrived to our ambush spot and we shot them down. Forenoon of third day we defended a crossroads, and I myself was bit bored. But after eating some rations rest of the third day was pretty filled with action! In the evening of that day we took control of an oilfield and I enjoyed that the most of all the event. Last day was mostly defence of the hill we launched the nuke.

Liked

+Russian team gave a good fight on the oilfields!
+Supervision of organizers on the field was pretty good
+Outhouses on the base
+Well organized water supply in the event

Disliked

-"Take hits!" yells during the event
-Driving way too fast on the area
-We never saw any tanks

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Snake Platoon 2nd squad engineer
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Last edited by jm on 01 Jul 2008, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

JoNi
Newbee
Newbee

Post by JoNi » 01 Jul 2008, 15:56

Thanks for everyone in the SRP, you really made me feel part of the group. Special thanks to Snake 3, we were small squad but it was great to play with you guys. Windi you were a great Platoon Leader for Snakes. Thanks Peksu for saving my ass at that night when the mercs had attacked our base and I was lying wounded on the road. Thanks for Juho and Ekman for lending their guns for me. Thanks for Kujala my squad leader you were good leader. Thanks for Olli you kept us together.
Russian Mercs you were a great opponents and Dog Platoons guys were a positive supprise to me.
Now thats enough for thanks now for the feedback
- I was an engineer I didn´t get sticky bombs or any engineer stuff I was expecting to get them.
-I was pissed off that wounded quys were sitting up and not lying down on the ground( I also thought woundeds should had flag in their hand and dead ones on their head?).

Thanks for the Crew for a good event

Ada-Ada
Private
Private

Post by Ada-Ada » 01 Jul 2008, 16:27

Thank you Emma! I had fun guarding you and visiting main safe after my swamp-accident (more girly talk and Hello Kitty-bandages, jej!). Also, I have to thank those guys who dragged me out of there! I was belt-deep and sinking in a swamp, laughing my ass off. (No, I didn't hear what you were shouting, it sounded like big mix up of alert and panic without words. Then it was too late.. :oops:)

For Berget crew - THANK YOU.
Loved the ID system, next time little better color for Nato so the numbers can be seen also. I'd whine only for speed limits, people were driving way too fast on roads, off-game civilians specially, so I hoped they were informed before the event. They caused more panic rushes into bushes than ingame vehicles (even though they speeded too). Toilets and guy who emptied them - Big thanks. Two was enough for SRP and me. Same goes with water, there was enough and we had more when we needed.
For wounded - SIT DOWN. Or lay down. Wounded/dead guys standing next to a vehicle we were attacking were just on the way and collected missfired bb's unnecessarily. It's rude to stay up and act as a flesh wall to cover guys inside the vehicle. You also blocked their view to defend themselves.

SRP, guys, Olli, Hammer 3...
You're just great. I have only one negative thing to say - Damn you Toffo! It was my only clean jacket you soaked with beer! :twisted:
It was easy to follow after you and get hold of what was going on and act as a member of a squad. Since I haven't been in army I really appreciated your patience with me. Special thanks to Kaipainen (our 'french freedom fighter') and Jontte for keeping me motivated when I thought it would had been a good time for a girl to give up. Late, Ville and Aapee, you also made Käpykolo-tent feel like a home and I was never bored sitting in guard with you.
Hammer 3 were mostly just guarding or watching Hammer 1 & 2 getting most of action but I didn't mind that at all. We had our share of firefight during ambush and surprise attack to our base. Empty hours in woods didn't bother me, I love to chill out and keep guard, enjoy fast burst of action and then just idle staring my sector of a line.
The three cowboys - You made my day but I still won't date an airsoft-player. :P Sorry.
Finally - Olli, you made a helluva job getting us there and back successfully. I'll gladly follow you to any battle anywhere.

That's all for now. I'll add more comments when I'll get my head cleared. Sorry for my english. I know it hurts to read that gibberish. Try to endure. :wink:

Alberto
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Alberto » 01 Jul 2008, 20:52

Thanks for the game from the Mercs side. By the way at the oilfields it was Gen. Conrad's charlie company fighting - 2 russian platoons and one Lithuanian/Latvian, so leave some credits for the Baltics :D
Last edited by Alberto on 01 Jul 2008, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
www.usmc.lt
Berget 6 - Gen. Conrad's Mercenaries
Berget 9 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers, 2nd coy, 6pl. 2nd sq.

atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 01 Jul 2008, 20:55

Alberto: It was one helluva fight.

Every time i tried to give a command to my men by shouting, i was forced down to the ground by the goddamn machinegun that was plowing through my men! But in the end, it all went good.

wille
Newbee
Newbee

Post by wille » 01 Jul 2008, 21:39

Thanks for a great airsoft game
vould like to thank all srp players especially the dogs and taksi .
didnt know so many words in finnish before the game but now
i got one scraped into my brain RAPPO!!
srp rocks! will be there next year with my dogs
WILLE DOG3

atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 01 Jul 2008, 22:02

wille wrote: didnt know so many words in finnish before the game but now
i got one scraped into my brain RAPPO!!
RAPU :) It means "Kräfta"

BlOnDiN
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BlOnDiN » 01 Jul 2008, 22:17

Thanks to SRP for the Roleplay before the game, when we were sent as recon squad and we met a patrol of 6 guys, was pretty fun :)

Creds also to Spr spoters that always got an eye on our movement across hills and forests.

and final Creds to guys from Finland, (think was platoon or squad of Taksi) that were pretty well organized and defend their radar and the hill around during last stand actions (saturday late morning, early afternoon)

We try two times to reach the top of the hill, two times we get pushed back.

/BlOnDiN
B6- Conrad Merc's
B7- NATO
B8- NAF

HORUS CORP. mercenary company, WE FIGHT TO DUST

Ukkosleka
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkosleka » 01 Jul 2008, 23:16

Were you with the mercs who attacked from the south? I had loads of fun defending the hillside.

Thanks to all SRP players. The game was a most impressive showcasing of finnish airsoft. I never heard any complaints or anything. We truly did good.

Ill write a proper comment sometime soon..