The game area

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.

What do you think about the game area?

It was perfect!
71%
Too big for only 1000+ players
6%
Too big and too challanging terrain
10%
Make it 50 % smaller so we get more encounters with the enemy.
13%

Total votes: 161

Kane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kane » 16 Jul 2008, 10:58

Doff wrote:Area was excellent for a real Milsim lets make that for B7
and the softplayers that not are into Milsim stay home :wink:
MilSim seems to mean different things depending on who you ask... but...

MilSim means Military Simulation and therefore the "LARP"-elements should be welcomed by "milsimmers" since there are in fact all kinds of problem-solving elements in a real war (interacting with civilians, negotiations with different sides of the conflict and dealing with every-day problems) and not just a shootingrange where you can shoot everything and everyone that moves (that would be speeball in airsoft-terms).
---------------
The in-game money and the "LARP"-elements definitely hightened the game-experience for a lot of people and made the game more interesting.
---------------
By the way, the "LARP"-elements on this event was only to talk to, and to interact with other players, not to create RPG characters...
Kane, Plastic Dragoons
---------------------------
B1- Crew/ russian soldier
B2- Crew/ Russian Radio Officer
B3- Crew/ Russian Spetsnaz Recon
B4- Rebel soldier
B6- Bandit
B7- Bashir City Police
B8- SRG
B9- Ivanchuk's Export & Import

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Game area

Post by Blackwolf » 17 Jul 2008, 05:30

Hello

I thought it was a very good area.
Negative points too many civilian vehicles in the game area
More roads would be better

Regards
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Re: Game area

Post by waffelke » 19 Jul 2008, 10:01

Blackwolf wrote:Hello

I thought it was a very good area.
Negative points too many civilian vehicles in the game area
More roads would be better

Regards

yes and they schoot at diplomatic cars :twisted:
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"
spetsnazcommander berget 5

Kamuffel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Kamuffel » 19 Jul 2008, 12:37

I think he means Off-game civilian cars, and i have to agree. It would be much better if the game area is in a more remote location so that not so many off-game civilians are walking / driving in the area.

Sebbe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Sebbe » 19 Jul 2008, 17:42

How was it with Off Game Civilians in Berget5?
B7- NATO, Bravo Coy, 2'nd Platoon, 1'st Squad
Crapgame wrote:Put a sticker on it that says, "shoot me im with B5"

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Post by waffelke » 19 Jul 2008, 19:08

Kamuffel wrote:I think he means Off-game civilian cars, and i have to agree. It would be much better if the game area is in a more remote location so that not so many off-game civilians are walking / driving in the area.
yes i now ,its was a joke ,i did more like the area last year :P
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"
spetsnazcommander berget 5

Kamuffel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Kamuffel » 20 Jul 2008, 10:21

Sebbe wrote:How was it with Off Game Civilians in Berget5?
I saw a few in the B5 area, the saddest part was that some of the civilians that had their summer houses in the B5 area had not been told what was happening, and why there where a lot of "military" running around in their back-yard. (I know one couple that hadn't got any info at all).
But this year it was an Insane amount of off-game civilians driving cars through the game area, out walking the dogs in the game area, besides the houses you actually had to drive past to get into some places of the game area. So I still hold that the game area should be a more remote area where there will be less likely to find off-game civilians. If anything would happen to Off-game persons during an event like this, just think how much bad publicity the hobby would get.
And I saw people shooting with Off-game civilians (non players, without safetyglasses) standing less than 10 meters away from their intended targets.

So far B4 was the best area concerning civilians since it was a fenced off military training area.

Filippo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Filippo » 20 Jul 2008, 13:04

...the game area was really great! Perfect for events like Berget 6!

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 21 Jul 2008, 10:21

Kamuffel wrote:
Sebbe wrote:How was it with Off Game Civilians in Berget5?
I saw a few in the B5 area, the saddest part was that some of the civilians that had their summer houses in the B5 area had not been told what was happening, and why there where a lot of "military" running around in their back-yard. (I know one couple that hadn't got any info at all).
But this year it was an Insane amount of off-game civilians driving cars through the game area, out walking the dogs in the game area, besides the houses you actually had to drive past to get into some places of the game area. So I still hold that the game area should be a more remote area where there will be less likely to find off-game civilians. If anything would happen to Off-game persons during an event like this, just think how much bad publicity the hobby would get.
And I saw people shooting with Off-game civilians (non players, without safetyglasses) standing less than 10 meters away from their intended targets.

So far B4 was the best area concerning civilians since it was a fenced off military training area.
the things is that teh swedish allow you to do that, you can be where you want when you want in the country side (if you respect private house property) and play airsoft like this.

and about civilian, friends of mine, attack a NATO convoy on the main road (1st part of the gamearea and after withdraw) two bycycled women don't want to stop when one of my friends tell us to stop just for 5 minutes until the battle end or until the battle and exchange of BBs low down. They pass in the hotest part of the battle not willing to ear anythings.

same with the car during the first armoured convoy attacked by the NATO (too many car pass in the fire line) and it seems that they don't want to stop for a while when they asked to....

It's not already the all the fault of berget crew :) it's also from civilian who doesn't want to stop for 5 to 15 minutes ....
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

Sebbe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Sebbe » 21 Jul 2008, 12:55

vardemis wrote: the things is that teh swedish allow you to do that, you can be where you want when you want in the country side (if you respect private house property) and play airsoft like this.
That i do know, as i live in Sweden :wink:
I was just wondering how and when there was civilians disturbing the gameplay at B5.
B7- NATO, Bravo Coy, 2'nd Platoon, 1'st Squad
Crapgame wrote:Put a sticker on it that says, "shoot me im with B5"

Kamuffel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Kamuffel » 21 Jul 2008, 21:33

Vardemis, you are not allowed to stop people (unless you are a policeman) from going through the area, and if you see civilians entering a "hot" area everyone should stop shooting and lower their weapons until the civilians have gone by. Since people obviously can't abide to this simple rule i suggest that crew find a more remote area with less chance of civilians traveling through the game area.

Sebbe, see my answer in the last post, I saw a few but not nearly as many as this year.

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 22 Jul 2008, 01:52

This is a very good question. The community wants the game to be close to the city thus creating more revenue in form of you guys going into town to resupply.

On the other hand some people who live close to the gaming area might become grumpy when they find stray airsofters in their backyard. And everyone should seize gaming once you have civilians on the gaming area. They are also free to be on the land just as all of us.

We will take notes of all things you say and bring it into our planning prior to our next event.

Thanks guys!
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 22 Jul 2008, 10:41

On thing is for sure. Something must be done about civilians wandering, driving into heavy fire, because an accident will definitely happen sooner than later (there were some scary moments at B6). And that would be a disaster to our sport.
B6 - NATO, Fox2, mech QRF
B7 - Orlov mercs, Bravo2, medic
B8 - Poldav 3rd Mtn, mech QRF driver
B9 - Poldav 3rd Mtn. recon, Romeo-2 SL
B10 - Poldav 21st Mech Sappers, SL

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 22 Jul 2008, 11:02

Kamuffel wrote:Vardemis, you are not allowed to stop people (unless you are a policeman) from going through the area, and if you see civilians entering a "hot" area everyone should stop shooting and lower their weapons until the civilians have gone by. Since people obviously can't abide to this simple rule i suggest that crew find a more remote area with less chance of civilians traveling through the game area.

Sebbe, see my answer in the last post, I saw a few but not nearly as many as this year.
I'm ok I could not stop them, my friend asked politely to stop for 5 minutes because It could be dangerous because all people could not ear or see what's happening.
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 22 Jul 2008, 11:11

NIN wrote:This is a very good question. The community wants the game to be close to the city thus creating more revenue in form of you guys going into town to resupply.

On the other hand some people who live close to the gaming area might become grumpy when they find stray airsofters in their backyard. And everyone should seize gaming once you have civilians on the gaming area. They are also free to be on the land just as all of us.

We will take notes of all things you say and bring it into our planning prior to our next event.

Thanks guys!
If the community wants the event close to the city for the income of the airsofters, they should ask the police to help the crew to block a road for 15 or 20 minutes if there is an action on this road.

Maybe it's a solution.
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem