The tents provided by Berget

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.

What do you think about them?

They worked great and added to the base feeling!
40%
They where too small for 16 people, but with more tens keep this!
53%
I dont like when BE provides the tents, i want my own!
7%

Total votes: 116

Doorang
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Doorang » 03 Jul 2008, 01:59

Let us have a heat source next time!
Yes yes fire safety resons, make "post listor" ! And check that they are followed!

Igby
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Igby » 03 Jul 2008, 08:47

I noticed that some of the tents put up in the Nato base where put up in the sand outside of the grassline and I am glad that I didn't get one of thoose tents.
That is something to keep in mind for the next event, somepeople just bring there sleeping bag with them. regardless to that it's not fun to get the sleeping gear dirty.

atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 03 Jul 2008, 09:36

Igby wrote:I noticed that some of the tents put up in the Nato base where put up in the sand outside of the grassline and I am glad that I didn't get one of thoose tents.
We slept on sand the entire week. Even my gunbag that i didn't open was full of sand.
But that's not a problem. People should know better than to only bring their sleeping bags. Some kind of cover on the ground is a MUST while sleeping outdoors if you don't want your sleeping bag to be filled with sand.

C'mon guys, you guys are starting to sound like the type of people that don't even know how to operate a microwave oven. Use some common sense for christs sake.

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 03 Jul 2008, 10:21

atlaz wrote:
Igby wrote:I noticed that some of the tents put up in the Nato base where put up in the sand outside of the grassline and I am glad that I didn't get one of thoose tents.
We slept on sand the entire week. Even my gunbag that i didn't open was full of sand.
But that's not a problem. People should know better than to only bring their sleeping bags. Some kind of cover on the ground is a MUST while sleeping outdoors if you don't want your sleeping bag to be filled with sand.

C'mon guys, you guys are starting to sound like the type of people that don't even know how to operate a microwave oven. Use some common sense for christs sake.
I don't think he was complaining, he was only lucky he didn't get that spot. On the UN side we had several tents with no bottom. I assumed it would be a bottom but nevermind that I thought and unravelled my "liggunderlagg(english translation anyone?)" before putting the sleeping bag ontop. Apart from the fact that my designated area of sleeping was a off country road, went up and down, and my back didn't enjoy that so I ended up being grumpy in the mornings. ;)
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

Ukkolzi
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkolzi » 03 Jul 2008, 12:29

The tents were OK, but as said earlier, not waterproof nor even repellent. When the first raindrops fell down, our tent was immediately leaking, and yes, it was erected correctly, the roof was pretty tight. Fortunately, we got a large tarpaulin to protect it from the (thankfully mostly sunny) weather. The tents could easily offer accommodation to ~16 men, with their rucksacks and possibly rifles behind them. Everything else should be left outside in an orderly fashion, and if possible, protected from the weather.

Before the game we agreed that everyone in our platoon would bring an East German Zeltbahn with him, or at least an extra rain ponco, that could be used for a number of things; as a ground sheet for the tent, a cover for the gun rack or anything else that had to be protected. This has become a standard procedure for us along the years of airsota and again proved to be a smart move, as the tents had no ground sheets. So we used the Zeltbahns. Of course, everyone also had a foam mattress to sleep on.

The Zeltbahn is the single most useful piece of equipment that comes from the Eastern Germany, and because it's EG militaria, it's cheap as hell. It's about 1,7x1,7m square of waterproofed canvas and they can be buttoned together to form a tent. You can button together as many Zeltbahns as you see fit, as they have buttons on all sides. Or you can just use it as a rain poncho. Not a new idea, similar things were used from WW1 onwards. Never leave home without one!

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 03 Jul 2008, 13:40

The tents were OK, at least the idea of event-provided tents was a good one.
But they were in bad shape, some of the attachment points on the inside of the tent were broken, and the poles would just fall down.
They were also badly patched, and had many small holses, I don't think it'd do much good in heavy rain.

I also brought a small, German 2-man tent for some of my kit.

Igby
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Igby » 03 Jul 2008, 15:36

I wasn't complaining, I always clean out my sleeping bag in the morning regardless where I've used it.

I was greeatful that BE provided tents for us, there is nothing to complain about it really.
B5-10