Engineers

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
nbIBACuK
Private
Private

Engineers

Post by nbIBACuK » 02 Jul 2008, 14:54

I`ve got this engineer patch on my uniform. What for ? I cannot do anything at all. It was impossible to destroy oil-wails by my TNT - only crew was able to do so. Some of engineers was able to use their own smokes. "You can do it if you was selected by crew" (c) crew. What was the reason of adding this useless roles in to the game ?

Kane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kane » 02 Jul 2008, 15:03

Engineers could use the engineering-crates and was also able to fix broken cars and tanks. Maybe they didn't come to use on all sides and maybe they wasn't as important as medics, but there were definitely use for them.
Kane, Plastic Dragoons
---------------------------
B1- Crew/ russian soldier
B2- Crew/ Russian Radio Officer
B3- Crew/ Russian Spetsnaz Recon
B4- Rebel soldier
B6- Bandit
B7- Bashir City Police
B8- SRG
B9- Ivanchuk's Export & Import

nbIBACuK
Private
Private

Post by nbIBACuK » 02 Jul 2008, 15:17

Code: Select all

- Vehicles do not re-spawn in the same way; they are returned to base-area, where they are considered repaired after being unused for 2 hours.
There is no word in rules about repairing cars by engineers.

There was no promised sticky bombs.
Official Berget-5 organizer in Baltic states
Official Berget-6 organizer in Latvia/Estonia
Official Berget-7 organizer in Latvia/Estonia

atlaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by atlaz » 02 Jul 2008, 15:24

We used our engineers to disarm and plant mines and to repair the oilwells after they were destroyed. So they did play a huge role, atleast in our play.

nbIBACuK
Private
Private

Post by nbIBACuK » 02 Jul 2008, 16:54

how many time dose it take to repair oil-wail ? Some 4-6 hrs ?
Official Berget-5 organizer in Baltic states
Official Berget-6 organizer in Latvia/Estonia
Official Berget-7 organizer in Latvia/Estonia

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 02 Jul 2008, 18:21

2h
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Cogo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Cogo » 02 Jul 2008, 23:22

I ask the Crew EVERY day of Berget, escpecially before the game, and every time I was promised that a crewmember would come "in a couple of hours" and give me information about the Engineer role I was given.

I had a special pouch full of tools all trough Berget 6 and never got to use them once, they actually made me angry time to time, the pouch took some valuable room on my vest and put on more weight. But that is far from what upsets me.

MORE INFORMATION and dont give me frigging promises and don't keep them. Is it really that hard to say that the crew don't have time and they think that the UN forces won't have any actual use of Engineers?

Straight answers is better even if the answer isn't what one might have wanted.

To summarize, my engineer role sucked, there were some rumours about disarming and planting mines, EVERYONE could plant mines so what was I for?

Same for vehicles, the UN didn't get any veicles, so what was I (according to the rumour that Engineers actually good repair them) supposed to repair?

The only + I know is that I liked my armband, looked kind of cool, and some people at the UN base saw me as slightly more important the Riflemen.
Cogo, the Cyborg of Lule? Airsoft Grunts.
NAF Sekreterare
Can you feel the Steyr?

Jojis
Private
Private

Post by Jojis » 03 Jul 2008, 01:34

The engineer in our squad disarmed 2 mines (which we had in the end put there without success) and repaired a oilwell (by catching sun the requested time). The role was not important, but spiced things up a little. When you needed him you wanted him to stay alive. I liked that, kept things not too simple.

As far as I have now understood a car (pickup / technical) could be destroyed only by a mine or by a engineer (touching it for 2 minutes). Because when I shot car's windows the driver only got wounded. So it took a medic to ''heal the car'' by healing the driver. I actually didn't know it was this way before the end of the game when I finally got an explenation why the cars I tried to destroy stopped for 2 minutes and then drove on.
But now reading the rules it says the car should have been destroyed, not only the driver. I guess there was wrong information somewhere, again.
For the next game, I think in fact it would be a good rule for only the driver and who is next to him to wound, not the whole car. Make it a little harder to destroy the vehicles.

Personally I think that what sucked for engineers was that there were no good explenations how something could be repaired etc. (do you need to just touch it or??). But our engineer atleast was very clear on what all things he could do just by reading the rules. There were many rules that also said something about an engineer. So those who didn't understand their role as an engineer didn't read the rules then?

Cogo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Cogo » 04 Jul 2008, 00:07

We had a rule book at the UN camp that I read, (also I read the rules at the website when I first read about berget).

The rules about Engineers were VERY VERY Very loosley described, either that, or I'm blind
Cogo, the Cyborg of Lule? Airsoft Grunts.
NAF Sekreterare
Can you feel the Steyr?

trooper
Corporal
Corporal

Post by trooper » 04 Jul 2008, 16:18

We had also 1 engineer in our team but there where no to do´s for him.
Berget 6 - NATO
-Preussen Rangers-

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 04 Jul 2008, 16:45

Cogo wrote:We had a rule book at the UN camp that I read, (also I read the rules at the website when I first read about berget).

The rules about Engineers were VERY VERY Very loosley described, either that, or I'm blind
Have to agree, you were a little more important :)
You tagged a long on our trip to search for mines. Unfortunetly, we found none :(
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

Arbiterman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Arbiterman » 04 Jul 2008, 19:10

We've got diplomatic car broken by engineer, so that role worked out very well :)

Diplomat and our General Conrad were VERY unhappy, but there were a lot joy for us :P

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 04 Jul 2008, 19:36

Arbiterman wrote:We've got diplomatic car broken by engineer, so that role worked out very well :)

Diplomat and our General Conrad were VERY unhappy, but there were a lot joy for us :P
I Have see engineer at work to catch up mine, I use one to blown up an antenna !

So the engineer work very well for me :p
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

HTN02
Corporal
Corporal

Post by HTN02 » 05 Jul 2008, 13:59

our engineer (vinni) now has the nickname blowjob vinni :P

(he bowed up a tank)

and he stole some mines out of red base...
Berget 5, Spetsnaz Sniper - Berget 6, NATO Sniper - Berget 8, Poldavian Sniper

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 07 Jul 2008, 16:37

5 mines indeed 8)

being able to use your engineer role depends on being at the rigt place at the right time i suppose
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ