glass bbs

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
Muerte
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Muerte » 03 Jul 2008, 01:15

Me and my crew had a similar experience to Motörhead's. Also in thick vegetation. A bullet hit my CIRAS over the left shoulder in high velocity, making a very distinctive sound. Never heard that sound before and never felt that kind of jolt from a BB.

Needless to say, that we went the other way. Got no money for dental restauration, need new gear! :wink:

Edit: Just to make things clear... the BB did not penetrate my vest. Just made a hell of an impact...
Last edited by Muerte on 03 Jul 2008, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

Kyle
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Kyle » 03 Jul 2008, 01:16

Could they be these BBB-MAX bbs?

http://www.begadishop.com/catalog/index ... bb446d9fc9

These are also heavy, clear, but made of a biodegradible material.

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 03 Jul 2008, 01:17

Erwin
Private
Private

Post by Erwin » 03 Jul 2008, 01:20

And when speeds reach the sonic wall, they start to make sounds of a sonic boom.

Atleast then the sewing-machine-like sound of the AEG:s would be gone...
Just to make things clear... the BB did not penetrate my vest. Just made a hell of an impact...
Exactly, this sentence IS THE GLASS BB.

Trasher-HU
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Trasher-HU » 03 Jul 2008, 01:24

motörhead wrote:The mentioned projectile also made a distinctive hard "PLAKK" sound at impact and was fired at a distance of approx 5-10 meters through tight vegetation - seen behind my picture in another thread here.
Only 5-10 meters? :shock: That's an important piece of information.

Muerte
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Muerte » 03 Jul 2008, 01:28

It is pretty safe to say that whatever kind of BB that was used, it was poor judgement of distance, concerning the velocity, involved in the situations me and Motörhead experienced.

Edit: On the other hand, this debate is somehow a bit useless. The person guilty for faulty behaviour will never step forward to apologize.

The main thing I that I think is important is chroning your gun with the actual BB's you're planning to use during the game. It is no fool-proof plan, if there ever was such a thing, but it is a chance to stop some of the people, who do not know better than using that kind of crap ammo, from attending.
Last edited by Muerte on 03 Jul 2008, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 03 Jul 2008, 01:33

Trasher-HU wrote:
motörhead wrote:The mentioned projectile also made a distinctive hard "PLAKK" sound at impact and was fired at a distance of approx 5-10 meters through tight vegetation - seen behind my picture in another thread here.
Only 5-10 meters? :shock: That's an important piece of information.
I experience this as a "final shot" more than anything else and won't speculate more about it. It could have been an ordinary AEG and was fired after the photos you took of me laying down at roadside.
Shortly afterwards we went into the tight vegetation behind and had regrouped. Visibility was at most 5-10 meters in that vegetation and that clever merc and his mates took out 5 of us in rapid succession.
I was lucky, but that shot could easily have obliterated my front teeth.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Lexa
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Lexa » 03 Jul 2008, 07:46

dont know about Glass BBs,
but i was shot from about 15m
and the BB went in to my skin

happened while we of the SRP were defending our main camp
from merc attack, that came through the small roads with vehicles

thanks alot to the red doctor that happened to be there
and cleaned and removed the BB,
too bad we didnt think of saving the shot

Muerte
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Muerte » 03 Jul 2008, 07:51

Sweet Baby Jesus on a stick! :o

Tomik99_SVK
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Tomik99_SVK » 03 Jul 2008, 08:05

2Lexa
Just for your information I was one of the mercs atacking base when this shit is happen. And in the moment of this was made, all mercs already death and staying at the cars or coming to the cars with orange hat. You surprised us from back and you fight against your own players which pressing us from front. This is done in friendly fire after our elimination. When we told to someone from SRP players coming from our back, he is atacking friendly he answer us just "--- SPAM !!! --- them" and shot again....
Basically we are not guilty for this I thing but we all was sent to remeassure guns immediatelly by marshals and off course we passed this without any problems.
I think it is normal to get some BB under the skin but ussually from 3-4-5 meters in som CQB with strong gun. And off course it looks terrible but for many of experienced players it is not strange to see this. Hopefully cleaning was done well and you will have not roblems from this.
Good luck

tom_sk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tom_sk » 03 Jul 2008, 08:14

Erwin wrote:To pass trough simple linen cloth, the bullet must fly very fast and be sharp-pointed, or fly amazingly fast, without sharp head.

To pass trough material used in tactical vests...
the flag on the car (if you are referring to it) was not cloth, it was some kind of plastic. strange that the owner of the car did not mention it yet.
you have already deleted my account twice, thank you!

tom_sk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tom_sk » 03 Jul 2008, 09:04

Kyle wrote:Could they be these BBB-MAX bbs?

http://www.begadishop.com/catalog/index ... bb446d9fc9

These are also heavy, clear, but made of a biodegradible material.
indeed they are. it was also already pointed in other thread, so the whole discussion about "glass" bb's is pointless imho.
you have already deleted my account twice, thank you!

meathead
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by meathead » 03 Jul 2008, 09:06

Brujo wrote:1000 was a rumor! Just like the rumor that meathead was gay :P

Well that rumor can my girlfriend and i kill now! ;-) But who spread that rumor, good to now....
OPCR 2,3 / B5, B6,B7
B8 - Not playing

Kartoon
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Kartoon » 03 Jul 2008, 09:42

I talked to the GMs about the glass BB's and they told me they had examined them and in the end come to the conclusion that although transparent, the BB's were actually plastic.

Heavy, but plastic.
Mikko Läntinen
Berget 6 - SRP, XO
Berget 7 - SRP, XO
Berget 8 - Poldavian 1st Infantry
Berget 9 - The Firm - Operations manager

Berget 15 - FinBat XO

Kadmillos ASIK
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Kadmillos ASIK » 03 Jul 2008, 10:04

so...guys... in Italy we have a really restricted low , our ASG can be at least 1 joule (about 99 m/s with 0.20 BB).

I don't know if a glass BB can make much damage then a plastic BB , but to pierce cordura, or ripstop and skin (as we can see in photo) i think that there's too heavy ASG this time.

I have a modified Tanaka (working with gas) but i only use in special competition in Italy and i shot with it only to plastic spot (not human!) the sistem used by the crew to identify the ASG it's too easy, in Italy we mark the ASG directly with a label on the ASG.
Last edited by Kadmillos ASIK on 03 Jul 2008, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
Kadmillos aka Basetta
MSP www.milsim.it

"Next year Andy McClane should have their own, separate faction"