Berget Dollars - Ingame currency

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.

Whats your opinion on in-game currency we used?

Great addition! Make currency one of the main features in future games!
28%
I hate the idea, it destroys everything!!!1oneone
3%
I liked it, but provide more info next time!
70%

Total votes: 115

mcuz
Private
Private

Post by mcuz » 09 Jul 2008, 08:59

It's totally impossible to satisfy every single AS player. The mix of elements that berget provided should be welcomed. There's a very popular game series in Sweden called PP where everything is based on interaction between the different sides. Negotiate before shooting. maybe not every AS player is up to this but it sure kicks ass of every weekend speedball game. And if berget only where a 72h speedball game then I'll say bye bye. And milsim? every AS player has a different idea of what milsim is. For some LARP (or what ever you like to call it) is the same as milsim and for some it's about hiking day in and day out strapped with a Bergen.

Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Spof » 09 Jul 2008, 12:06

From Berget 5 evaluation:

"The definition of Milsim.
This is a huge problem with big international games. There is a big difference between the meaning of milsim from nation to nation. Because of this, players have different expectations of the game, and also different expectations on how other players should behave and act during the event. There could for instance be situations when players become irritated with each other when some want to sleep instead of guarding a post or someone wants to go and eat in the middle of the game. Players who roleplay can inadvertently insult players who don't, and so on. However we have come to the conclusion not to call Berget games Milsim just to avoid misunderstandings. There are of course a lot of parts that should be considered as milsim, but also some parts that are not. The game will stay on course but we will not call it milsim in the future."
[/b]
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 09 Jul 2008, 12:14

With Berget-Events now a professional organisation the participants have a right to know in advance which specific airsoft gameplay elements this 5 -day event contains before they invest several thousands of hard earned income and travel long distances from abroad.

So who's responsible for communicating the exact ingame elements beforehand? The players? Hardly... It's a delicate balance, but a few simple twists and B7 can be better at this than B6.

If the game is an airsoft-game with milsim elements and LARP elements included the BE website should communicate EXACTLY those different gamer elements well in advance so we can mentally and in practice prepare ourselves for such skills. This was not the case this time, but hopefully this can be bettered at B7 and onwards.

It's not about satisfying "everybody", but of doing a professional job informing the potential and desired players EXACTLY what they should prepare themselves for. Shouldn't be that hard, really. Exctract the game elements and present them so all players can find their place.

We lost several people in my platoon leaving prematurely because they were unable by reading the B6 website to prepare for the real ingame dynamics and partially failing mission control they actually faced . Nobody told them about ingame LARP-elements beforehand and I was just lucky to avoid it ingame. We went down from 3 squads to 2 in my platoon partially because of this and the abundance of passive ingame periods.

But Berget-Events is continuously improving and I'm optimistic about coming events and will most certainly be here next time. Not all airsoft-players have my patience though, but I'm old enough to be their father, so there goes :-)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

mcuz
Private
Private

Post by mcuz » 09 Jul 2008, 13:29

sorry I don't really get the difficult part of the problem. LARP (don't really like to call it that but lets use it anyhow) can't be that hard to meet. Let's say that you meet someone playing a role that demands so speak to your commander. All you have to say is yes and direct the way. You don't have to take out you lambas bread, take on your invisibility cloak and speak about the force. Same goes with the money part. Here go on a mission and you'll get payed. Just do the mission like any other. It's not harder then the firefighter vs burn victim role play done with the misses on Saturday evenings ;)

what I'm trying to say is that just a little effort can do so much.

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 09 Jul 2008, 14:07

I think ingame money, roleplay and the correct amount of milsim elements can blend beautifully if the B7 website communicates this professionally in advance. Younger players than me don't have the patience or flexibility to accept deviations from their website-dictated expectations, though. I feel lucky there.

Now we're talking marketing strategy - because Berget-Events will from now on be judged by a more professional standard. And I hope players won't leave prematurely at B7 as they did this year.

I have my personal doubts if Berget-Events can keep 2000 players happy next year though. Mission control, pregame website info on LARP-elements and game dynamics was not satisfactory for many participants this year with 1000 players so I hope this can be drastically improved next year before attempting the logistic nightmare of 2k airsofters in one game.

But thumbs up for a nice effort, BE. I'll most certainly be there at B7 and see how things work and have a good time. ;-)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

_JT_
Newbee
Newbee

$$$

Post by _JT_ » 09 Jul 2008, 15:41

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had the most money at the beerparty. We won one AK-47. And we could have won all the AK's with our $840.000 by splitting them up ...

We were Mercs, we'd do anything for money, so the presence of the berget dollars did make sense. We only found out at the end of day 2, that there will be a prize and later on that about $3 million are being already ingame. Yes, it changed our game focus. And we liked it. We robbed the smugglers and stole money from Conrad. We didn't make it until the end of the game to steal money from the DIPLOMAT, but he eventually gave us $200k after the game ended.

CIA guys! We searched your cars too!!! Unfortunately your money must have been someplace that we considered private off game property and didn't search it.

Our money was always hidden in a place that could have been searched by anyone without breaking any privacy.

So please, use the remaining $17.000.000 next year!!! And don't tell nobody ... it's all gonna be ours whoooohahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are: WTF (DFORCE, HP90), Beta force - Slovakia
no pain, no game

Simpen
Private
Private

Post by Simpen » 09 Jul 2008, 16:24

Wich one of the cars did you search, and where did you search it? The car I rode in never got searched by anyone and we were barely in any firefights either.

cloud
Private
Private

Re: $$$

Post by cloud » 09 Jul 2008, 17:05

_JT_ wrote: CIA guys! We searched your cars too!!! Unfortunately your money must have been someplace that we considered private off game property and didn't search it.
stop talking shit, PERSONAL bags and boxes were open and in a mess..
how about a fucking report to the police instead, wtf is this shit looting through others cars! we also had a ORANGE flag at the pickup which usually means OFFGAME or out of action....

not so hard to get how you got so much money..

mcgyvan
Newbee
Newbee

Post by mcgyvan » 09 Jul 2008, 17:41

the money i got was hidden in our camp witch was way off at the coner of the map so i do not think any one found it.

EDIT: but then again i got it when there was only about 3-4h left on the game so.....

McGyvan CIA operative

Gravewind
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gravewind » 09 Jul 2008, 18:25

mcgyvan: Your base was east of UN camp? Right? SRP recon squad located those tents about four hours after game had started =)
Antti Kauhanen
B5 FFF
B6 Rat 1-0 SRP
B7 Rat 1-0 SRP

hokke
Private
Private

Post by hokke » 09 Jul 2008, 20:04

Gravewind> one of the bases where there, then on the otherhand we had at least 2-3 other bases spread out over the map.

and by the way, our recon squad managed to get through your lines, find the helo-wreck and observe your recontroops so let's call it even shall we ;P
Last edited by hokke on 09 Jul 2008, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Doff
Berget Moderator
Berget Moderator

Post by Doff » 09 Jul 2008, 20:11

Gravewind
if it was tents ..thats not our camp...we dount use tents :D
>Hellcats<

_JT_
Newbee
Newbee

Re: $$$

Post by _JT_ » 09 Jul 2008, 20:42

cloud wrote:
_JT_ wrote: CIA guys! We searched your cars too!!! Unfortunately your money must have been someplace that we considered private off game property and didn't search it.
stop talking shit, PERSONAL bags and boxes were open and in a mess..
how about a fucking report to the police instead, wtf is this shit looting through others cars! we also had a ORANGE flag at the pickup which usually means OFFGAME or out of action....

not so hard to get how you got so much money..
You better calm down puppy!!! Didn't I write we did not search what we considered private stuff? To be more specific, we did not open any of your bags or boxes, nor did we look inside your car, since your drivers were sitting in it! Your cars got searched while going down from the mercs base on the last day. Your cars were certainly not marked orange. We've just finished the healing at our respawn point as you got stuck in the traffic nearby - the russians were attacking the nato on the road below. Your guys hopped off the cars to check the situation. Since we didn't want to attack a tenfold power directly from the respawn, we were just watching what's going on. And thing we could do was to look what's loaded on the back of your pickups.

And if you still have hard feelings - GO F.U.C.K. YOURSELF !!!

If you'd known who WTF is, you'd never write such crap.

To Berget Crew: Sorry for the vocabulary
no pain, no game

mcgyvan
Newbee
Newbee

Post by mcgyvan » 09 Jul 2008, 20:58

at Gravewind:

well if u guyes found a camp in L, 26 then congratulations you found it :D

(on the hill side with a nice ocean view 8) )

hokke
Private
Private

Post by hokke » 09 Jul 2008, 21:28

OT
_JT_> I think cloud is speaking of a another occasion when our vehicles seemed to have been searcher (afaik the only time we ever let our vehicle un-attended) and that was on the small dirt road going between the SPR main junction and the helo-wreck. (during 2nd day of gameplay if i'm not misstaken)

Things were tossed around on the flatbed, some personal backpacks had been opened and things just didnt where were we put 'em before we left.
(Though nothing seems to be stolen, but it all comes down to common curtesy)

.</ot>

And for the record... Vehicle "Slacker" had a sugerdaddy whom always carried our 700k+ with him.