B6 epidemic cold - Cause: tent mildew?

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.
ATKINS
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by ATKINS » 08 Jan 2009, 11:02

I'm a little scared about virus, bacterias and infection threat. :x

I´m a little surpised about this topic because I have played several times during 3 or more days in south Spain an Portugal, with higher temperatures and a lot of humidity. The worst thing we catch was some fleas in a old windmill. ejejejejejej...
Lt. ATKINS - 14th Royal Airsoft Brigade (SPAIN)

"Sorry for my bad english..."

waffelke
Captain
Captain

Post by waffelke » 08 Jan 2009, 12:19

ATKINS wrote:I'm a little scared about virus, bacterias and infection threat. :x

I´m a little surpised about this topic because I have played several times during 3 or more days in south Spain an Portugal, with higher temperatures and a lot of humidity. The worst thing we catch was some fleas in a old windmill. ejejejejejej...

mmmhh some proteine :? :shock: 8) :lol: :D :lol: :lol:
B9 I Am BACK
THE DIPLOMAT berget6
"you can trust me"
spetsnazcommander berget 5

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 03 Apr 2009, 23:04

Sorry Im not a berget veteran, but theres something I can say about this:

Like some people already said; When you travel from your ordinary life surroundings to a big event with lots of people crammed inside tents, that alone very well CAN make you sick.. Should other people from other countries carry some kind of bacteria or virus that they are immune to, but you arent. Heck, a major climate change alone can get you sick (eg. when you come from hot country to cold north).

Even people in the same country can and will have different immunities and different "local" flu's excetera. I went trough 12 months of service in the army here and I've never been as sick as there (had two bad virus infections). Its only natural that people get sick when you live with a lot of different people in close quarters.

So.. Again when looking at Berget events, it is a international event with 1500 people sharing the same and relatively small space. On top of that you propably have sleep deprivation, poor hygiene (well atleast more poor than normally) and maybe malnourishment. You might be cold at some times. All the things mentioned above can lower your body's defenses against bacteria and viruses.. and remember that its even likely that somebody else on your side has a bacteria/virus foreign to your body.

I rest my case.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU