Be realistic about your expectations

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 27 Apr 2009, 06:28

Tystnad wrote:I dont really agree there. If your feet hurt, and you know its more than they should, then do tell right away. Theres really no use in killing your feet of with nasty blisters and shit if it could've been prevented by simply telling your teammates and maybe asking for help from someone who knows how to treat them properly.

The thing is to be smart about the "whining". :wink:
It´s HOW you say it!
-I have blisters on my feet, so i stay in camp this missions, have a good fight guys!
-F*CK! I don´t like our Coycom. He will take us on impossible missions and through impossible areas. I don´t want to get dirt on my new 5.11-boots! I want you all to stay here with me and we will discuss how to make muteny!!

If you are hurt, you must tell us. Everybody could need a break once a while, and maybe you can use a transportation for a mission. Just tell someone in time and be HONEST!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Spitfire
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Spitfire » 27 Apr 2009, 10:49

if you get blisters on you feet, there is particulary something wrong...
don't go to a game with brandnew shoes...
they make you look like sexy gear-do, but they will make you blisters...

belive me, don't go somewhere you wanna have fun with shoes that are not used at least for some days...

if you are very lucky, you won't get any blisters, but this is unfortunately not always the case...

my tipp for people that have problems with blisters:
- wear to pairs of socks... a thinner pair as first layer (can e.g. be a womens sock) and a thiker one as second layer.
- make sure you have a tight fit with you shoes, use the laces, this is not just decoration... the less you can move in shoes, the less you can get blisters...
- in night, take out the inner sole, so the shoe can dry completely.
- put newspaper in the shoes to make them dry faster and complete
- don't wear the shoes to sleep if you can take them of
- if you know your problematical places on you feet where you get all the time blisters, put on a compeed plaster before (that's really great)
- if you get a blister, put on a compeed (this will lower the pain and you will nomore recognize a blister on your feet)
- if a blister gets open: use desinfection and put after a compeed on
- do not open blisters ingame

if you follow all those instructions, you won't have any problems with those blisters...

i did like this and made several walks during my service from 20km to 100km in one part... and by following those instructions, i had not one blister! even on the 100km thing nothing!

and about the expectations to the game:
this is a roleplay, involved different militaries...
and in all armies you will get situation with nothing to do...
then you run somewhere to wait...
simply said you run to wait and you wait to run....
this may happen in such big games aswell... just think about it :wink:
Intern. Org. Switzerland

Swiss Army Captain

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 27 Apr 2009, 16:24

Tip don't use compeed. when it's warm the thing become like bubblegum in your boots, instead try to use some medical tape that is much better, and as soon as you take a break during long walks: CHANGE SOCKS!!!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like... Victory!

B7: NATO BRAVO Coy, 3rd platoon

Mathias_h
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Mathias_h » 27 Apr 2009, 20:53

Compeed is God's gift to feet!
Great things!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual maturity" - Sigmund Freud

Berget 5 * Spetsnaz
Berget 6 * Conrad`s - Mercs without pay
Berget 7 * Milo`s Tigers - Mechanized
Berget 8 * NAF - Mechanized
Berget 9 * NAF - Sniper

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 27 Apr 2009, 21:24

Use your boots! That´s your gift to your feet!!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Spitfire
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Spitfire » 27 Apr 2009, 23:02

never had problems with hot weather and compeed... not even in the silly NBC suit walk...

cheers
Intern. Org. Switzerland

Swiss Army Captain

Tystnad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tystnad » 28 Apr 2009, 00:04

Cant say Ive ever experienced any problems with Compeed either, not even when we ran in wet boots for 5 km. As long as the area you apply it to is clean and dry, and you make sure you apply it properly, it will stay there.

Roska
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Roska » 20 May 2009, 20:03

I've had plenty of fun in my past Berget games. I've been to 4 major battles in past 2 games and 4-6 smaller clashes, but it has been enough for me. Last time I spent almost 2 days guarding a crossroads. But I didn't complain, I was enjoying - I felt I was part of a big operation and what I did was important, as we were covering the most obvious route to our base.

Now, in many ways berget events resemble military, I'm sure everyone who has been in the army knows that (and somehow they tend to complain less than those who haven't been :)) and knows what I mean. There is a lot of waiting, but waiting can also be fun and entertaining. If nothing else, you can always talk bullshit with your friends.

I can tell you that I had my fair share of talking bullshit (and attacking, too) in the army, so I don't mind doing that in Berget too. For example, of one 7-day war exercise I spent first 5 days just guarding. 16 hours of guarding, 4 hours of readiness and 4 hours of sleep. It wasn't really all that terrible, because we spent part of the time in cars doing patrolling (meaning I sat on the back drooling and dreaming) but rest of it was just standing outside in the bitter cold winter (and I mean standing, you didn't want to lay on the ground... :D).

Then again, for the last few days we had plenty of "war". First we had 9 hours straight of small scale battle with enemy forces and trying to capture them (meaning we kept running after them around places). The next day we chased off some speacial force dudes for over 11 hours straight. We spent most of the time walking or running in the woods after them, and we advanced some 15 kilometres during that time. Might not sound like much, but it was really killing us :)

So you know, just.. things happend the way they happend, nothing might happend or there might be just too much happening. Just use all the time you can to rest and fight like hell when you've got the chance :)

Jon *Plast1k*
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Jon *Plast1k* » 25 Jul 2009, 09:03

This looks sooooo fun.......I am only 14, is there any way around the rule (that you have to be 18)?

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 25 Jul 2009, 10:38

No! You just have to wait.

Jon *Plast1k*
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Jon *Plast1k* » 25 Jul 2009, 10:44

Is there any certain reason why? I have been shot at 500fps before...this plays at less then that.

I have played paintball for a couple of years.

I am currently ON AN AIRSOFT TEAM........ok, yeah, its a weekend team, BUT SO WHAT!?

I just dont understand why I am not allowed to play........
A Prisoner Of War is a man who trys to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 25 Jul 2009, 11:03

Yes the reason is that you need to be 18 to own an Airsoft gun a person can't borrow you one either since you are not at an applicable age so says the law. The law about to borrow you a firearm under the surveillance of an adult is not guilty since it only cover guns fired on a firing range during safe conditions and not during simulated battles in terrain. That you have a weapon is also clearly not allowed since you are not yet 18 and that you play with it is even more of a crime. I appreciate that you're eager to play but you just have to wait. I hope this info was useful you.