Spare Weapon

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Stalker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Stalker » 30 Jan 2009, 20:27

Hi,just to share some experience.
My M4 stoped operating just one hour before Berget 6 start so one of my team mates spend 40 min in the tent repearing.We found a peace of piston
tooth left from the last experiment of another breniak

:)
Berget 6 NATO Fox 4
Berget 7 NATO Fox 4
Berget 8 NAF 23 Fox 4
Berget 9 NAF 6 FOX 4
Berget 10 NAF 23 FOX4

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 31 Jan 2009, 00:39

Thats why I love my R85. I carry a spare mechbox, takes about 3 minutes to change the entire box, no tools needed. Can be done in the field. Much lighter than a spare gun ( although I of course carry a couple of those as well, just in case).

One thing I really can recommend though is this:
KNOW YOUR GUN!

People who have no idea of how the inside of a mechbox looks like just freaks me out.

But then again I am a tinkerfreak extraordinaire so maybe it's just me.

Bulldog-IL
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bulldog-IL » 31 Jan 2009, 09:54

Here's a new one. my M60 drum mag motor has perished last day, so if anyone taught that support weapon can survive with just one drum mag, carry at least 2 of them, so you want get stuck.
The Brigade Team
B7 - NATO, INDIA Company, 2nd platoon
B11 - Blood \ Ravens Guerrillas, Code name Zulu
B12 - Ravens Guerrillas

Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

Batteries

Post by Colin23451 » 26 Aug 2009, 03:13

Are there places to charge batteries there? Thanks.

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Blackwolf » 26 Aug 2009, 06:02

Hello
Are there places to charge batteries there? Thanks
Yes but its 220 V

But you have to bring your own charger

Regards
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Colin23451 » 27 Aug 2009, 21:29

Ok thanks, are the plugs unique, do I need to buy an adapter?

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 27 Aug 2009, 21:36

Colin23451 wrote:Ok thanks, are the plugs unique, do I need to buy an adapter?
you need a international adapter européan plug are not like Us plug :)

be careful look at your charger if he can handle 220/230 V because I think that the Us Is 110 or 120 V ;)
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

Cosmo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Cosmo » 09 Nov 2009, 22:28

Just to share my experience:

Do not bring more then two primaries, one secondary and maybe something manual, like a bolt sniper or a spring shotgun. Anything more and you would have brought them along for nothing. Bring a charger, or have one for your whole team, and maybe an extension cord. Ask BE crew at the site if you can use it before plugging it in (the extension cord).

Also, i recommend you bring a primary that is as light as you can carry and use without any problems. I ended up ditching my DMR Hk416 in favor of a lighter MP5K PDW simply because it was easier to move around with and put less strain on my arms. Berget is different from your average Sunday airsoft since you'll most likely be doing a LOT more mild-effort instead of concentrated bursts of energy.

That's all i got for the moment, but i say again. DON'T BRING ALL YOUR EIGHT GUNS, YOU WON'T NEED THEM. :p
B10 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Second Squad
B9 - NAF6 - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon
B8 - NAF23 - Foxtrot Company - Third Platoon - Bravo Squad
B7 - NATO - Foxtrot Company - Fourth Platoon - Bravo Squad

LukeAR
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LukeAR » 10 Nov 2009, 05:41

We had a HUGE overweight problem when traveling from Israel:

some of our packs wheighed in excess of 30 kgs and most of us brought only 1 piece of hardware.

The way I see it - you need a spare weapon for every 2 or even 3 people coming - so this way you can actualy spread the weight between the team-mates.

We were not charged for the overweight but you never know whats the mood of the guy at the ticketing...

And ofcourse - don't forget to bring matching batteries and magazines for the spare! (ALSO a spare batt for your radio would be nice).
Berget 9 - NAF 3rd Rangers.
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Infantry.
Berget 7 - NATO, INDIA 2-2 comms NCO.

Ukkolzi
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkolzi » 11 Nov 2009, 12:20

Before any weight issues (seriously?), one should consider:

1) Reliability
2) Performance
3) Role in the squad
4) Coolness factor!

An SMG might be easy to carry, but an RPK with a 3000bb drum will seriously boost your team's firepower. :wink:

The possible secondary (spare) weapon should be your most reliable gun and if it is an AEG, check the batteries well before the event. A good choice would probably be a stock Marui AEG or something similar, those things in most cases run forever.

An alternative for a secondary weapon is spare parts or even a spare gearbox. Certainly better than nothing, and gives a chance to those who can't travel with a huge pile o' guns!

Edit:
Oh, and by weight issues I DON'T mean the traveling weight issues, but you know, the gun-in-your-hands-in-the-field type weight issues.

skinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by skinner » 11 Nov 2009, 14:02

Being a user of AUG, I plan to enjoy its modular design - I will buy another one, will tune it to Class 2 and will use its body with the frontset from my current AUG (thin steel barrel, good hop-up, scope, etc) as the main weapon. The body from my current AUG (already tuned to Class 3) will get a hardware semi-auto lock and will go as a spare weapon. Therefore, I will take not 2 but 1,5 guns without any need to reassemble the main gun in case of malfunction. Switching a frontset from one body to another is a couple clicks.
A riflescope reticle is also someone's point of view
Berget-8 - NAF 5th Infantry Battalion
Berget-9 - NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion
Berget-10 - NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion
Berget-12 - will wear Multicam

Goggan
Corporal
Corporal

Too many guns

Post by Goggan » 29 Nov 2010, 18:48

It is up too you and your team how you should deploy weight amongst you and how much every person is preperd to carry. Me and my team travel by car and the car limits every team mate to take no more than 80kg to drive safe and legal. But thats just silly, but it is good when you kan take on roles all the way from 2 men sniper teams, 4 men scouting, or 8 men support, makes it easy for you comander to give you things to do.

I favor a long gun like RPK (drum) or SVD(reach) and carry a secondery gun like mp5k or some kinde of pdw.
But my 416 and m16 and 5 handguns will travell with me if they work.
KSI CROW
#"Peace in my sight"
B7 Civ Agent BC
B8 Civ Hunter
B9 Pol 3rd
B10 civ Hunter
B11 UA17
B12 civ Undertaker
B13 Hades police
B14 walk over

Gugge
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gugge » 08 Nov 2011, 17:34

I'm using extreme precaution, my main gun is a m16a4 @139.8 m/s (lucky me 10 shot average :D ) singel fire only, but I've had big problems with mosfet's not holding in it, so I've upgraded to a dubble-AB-mosfet just to be safe, plus I'm bringing my shotgun and m1911 co2 pistol AND a friend in the company is bringing a spare m4 just for me <3 Thx Hawkins <3
B10 - NAF 3Rd Ranger Battallion Valkyrie Squad
B11 - Blood Ravens, Rico's personal babysitter Squad
B12 - Blood Ravens, Rico's personal babysitter Squad R-1-1
B13 - IKAROS Corp. "At the business end of things"
B14 - UPIR Inc. Infantry 2IC
"REDISPONERE IN INFERNUM"

Skies
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Skies » 05 Jan 2012, 02:06

Hi dudes! my mates and I always have a "chinese parlement" before we go to any games, because murphy is everywhere!!
1) we all use primarys withe the same mags and secondarys with the same mags, for example stanags for the primarys ans ak.mags for the secondarys, so that we all have the same mags and can help each other out.
2) we split the tasks, two of us take a charger and the others 2-5 extra batteries for the others. just in case^^
3)we make sure that we ALL have the same plugs on our asg's so that every batterie fits every asg. :D