Applying for commanding positions

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 27 Aug 2009, 11:55

jurgen975 wrote:Ticket sell is at the end of this year,when your buying at ticket you can asign for a command position.
A alternate route would be that your sellected by a group of people your going lead.I took the alternate route
not really true but not false either :)

if you're applying for the highest command position, you juste have to wait for BE announce the recruiting campaign

or if it's just for coy or platoon position.
you'll have to apply for a post to commanding officer or coy com, he will choose you if he thinks you suit to the post you're attending :)

for the squad leading position you'll have to apply to your platoon leader once the coy and platoon are announced
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 27 Aug 2009, 12:26

Summary would be something like this:

Faction/battalion commaner: BE decides.
Company commander: Faction commander decides.
Platoon commander: Company commander decides.
Squadleader : The squad decides.
B5 - Soviet Private
B6 - Squadleader Dog 4 SRP
B7 - Platoonleader Dog 4 SRP
B8 - Platoonleader NAF 23rd
B9 - Company CO Fox Dingo, 6th NAF
B10 - CO Fox Dingo, 23rd NAF.

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 27 Aug 2009, 14:11

Cpt wrote:Summary would be something like this:

Faction/battalion commaner: BE decides.
Company commander: Faction commander decides.
Platoon commander: Company commander decides.
Squadleader : The squad decides.
the squad or the platoon leader :)
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Colin23451 » 27 Aug 2009, 21:35

Ok thanks guys

SASTrouble
Newbee
Newbee

Pay?-No way???

Post by SASTrouble » 17 Nov 2009, 23:27

I dont think its possible for Berget-Events to pay the commanders on lower levels as squad, platoon och Batalion command... But with that said I think that a partial payback on your ticket fee and maybe a free ticket to the beerparty would be a nice guesture...??? What U get should be directly connected to what U have to give up in terms of airsofting...
For instance, the platoon commander will at least be in the field and the battalion commander will most likly not...(much anyway)

There are alot of great guys out there that has done a voulantary job over the years and they will hopefully be replaced by new players in coming years BUT...
Since commanders on all levels can (as the case in Berget 6) make or break the game for alot of people they should be chosen on recomendation or merit from erlier games and rewarded for their work...at least with the gesture of a free Ticket to the beerparty or maybe a recomendation paper stating their skills from Berget crew...

Thats my pennys worth on that issue...

I also want to add one thing about commanding... First of all... The people U command have to be briefed in your way of leading... This will make misunderstandings less and help to get peoaple to follow your orders in HOT situations. Also make sure U have a good idea of just how hardcore your players are... Talk to them OFF GAME and state a pace before the game begins...
Ive had good and bad commanders during my years with Berget BUT Ive also had good and bad followers...
What I mean is ... Not everybody going to Berget is ready to take orders but wants to just muck around instead...And frankly u cant do anyting about it if it happens... Just concentrate on the teamplayers left and make sure they have as good game as possible...

Thats more then a few pennys worth but anyway...

Want to just take the time and thank
UN Commander Berget 4,
NATO Command (NOT Rock but rather Chris Saw that made everything work) Berget 5
and last but not least Brujho, NATO Commander Berget 6 for their extensive effort to make sure we all have fun... :-)
BIG THANK U :-)
Berget 4-UN, Squad Leader UN
Berget 5-NATO, Platoon Commander
Berget 6-NATO, Commander Fox coy Mechanized
Berget 8-NAF 5th commander mechanized and Leader NAF QRF
Berget 10-Commander NAF 2nd Mech Heimdal Company