Sleeping in tents

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
JudgementDay
Major
Major

Re: Sleeping in tents

Post by JudgementDay » 09 Jun 2015, 13:33

JudgementDay wrote: #1 rule: Use your head.
If no one objects, go ahead.
Been here since B08... :)

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 09 Jun 2015, 13:51

JudgementDay wrote:
JudgementDay wrote: #1 rule: Use your head.
If no one objects, go ahead.
:evil: :wank:
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

edd
Newbee
Newbee

Post by edd » 10 Jun 2015, 21:57

Can I use heater in privet tent. Primarily for drying equipment.

Rabagast
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rabagast » 10 Jun 2015, 23:33

edd wrote:Can I use heater in privet tent. Primarily for drying equipment.
If this is a private tent with built-in solutions for heating I can't see why that should be a problem. Or are you using a small two/three-man tunnel tent? If your tent doesn't have built in solutions for ovens/heating, don't do it. If you still want to, make sure your tent is situated far away from the other tents on site. A tent fire in modern day tents is extremely dangerous as the water repellant used on tents acts as an highly flammable propellant.

I've experienced some tent fires both working security at large festivals, but also after I started my current work. It is nasty shit.

dane
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dane » 11 Jun 2015, 09:23

beside fire hazards there is a possibility of generating Carbon monoxide.

Vector
Private
Private

Post by Vector » 14 Jun 2015, 19:33

I have an issue, I have a sleeping disorder, which can make the BE tent I am supposed to sleep in, abit frustrated for the others. I have send an PM and mail to Berget, but no reply.
I have documentation from my doctor that it would be the best for me and BE tent People, if I sleep alone.

But havent gotten any reply from BE, and worried that I might sleep and disturb others in the BE Tent.

If I bring my own, I have a green one, but not for 12 ppl., only me, and a buddy of mine that is drilled on what to do With my disorder if it starts up at night.

Do you think BE will have anything against this?

Thanks!

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 14 Jun 2015, 20:34

It should be alright.

If you're in GCT, just claim you're a Ranger, and it'll fit the scenario perfectly. :)
Been here since B08... :)

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 14 Jun 2015, 22:46

Vector wrote:I have an issue, I have a sleeping disorder, which can make the BE tent I am supposed to sleep in, abit frustrated for the others. I have send an PM and mail to Berget, but no reply.
I have documentation from my doctor that it would be the best for me and BE tent People, if I sleep alone.

But havent gotten any reply from BE, and worried that I might sleep and disturb others in the BE Tent.

If I bring my own, I have a green one, but not for 12 ppl., only me, and a buddy of mine that is drilled on what to do With my disorder if it starts up at night.

Do you think BE will have anything against this?

Thanks!
This will not be a problem.

The rules are here so that we dont have 2 thousand people wanting to have thier very own tent, which apparently sometimes in the early days of berget was an issue.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Vector
Private
Private

Post by Vector » 20 Jun 2015, 19:08

I got an reply from BE as well, just to make sure it was OK.
I just like to be on the safe side when it comes to this.

Me and my buddy is looking very much forward to this!

Vector
Private
Private

Post by Vector » 23 Jun 2015, 01:39

I have looked in the veterans corner that some people bring shovels to dig around the tents of private tents to lead water away from the tent, is this allowed on this years event to? :)

munkki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by munkki » 10 Nov 2015, 23:54

Vector wrote:I have looked in the veterans corner that some people bring shovels to dig around the tents of private tents to lead water away from the tent, is this allowed on this years event to? :)
Rule nr.1 Every time you go camping, dig around your tent. You surely dont want to wake up, when your tent is flooding, or even start to digging, when it's raining. Make sure that your "river" is not going directly to another tent.

Also when you stack your gear outside, set layer of wood 1st, then make somekind shelter. This way your weapons, etc will stay dry.
PS. sorry for typos, am having fewer.
B7 SRP
B8 Pold
B9 Firm/ NAF/ Zansian Black Ops
B10 Zansian "Black guard" Inf. Bat.
B11 SFODU
B12 PMC MECH
B13 GCT MECH

Apollo K.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Apollo K. » 03 Mar 2016, 11:29

JudgementDay wrote:It should be alright.

If you're in GCT, just claim you're a Ranger, and it'll fit the scenario perfectly. :)
Hey don't pin this on us xD
Berget 13: GCT - Ranger (Golf - Actual)
Berget 14: NAF - Ranger (Foxhound 5 - Actual)

A_Muller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by A_Muller » 05 Nov 2016, 10:03

It's been a while since my last Berget Event and I have since gotten more issues with my back.

Sleeping on a mattress does not help and I'm wondering if it's still considered ok to use a relatively small (190x70cm) foldable sleeping cot? instead of sleeping on the ground?
B5: RTO, NATO Rangers
B9: Platoon Leader, NAF Rangers, Bravo 5

Pluntan
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Pluntan » 10 Nov 2016, 06:48

A_Muller wrote:It's been a while since my last Berget Event and I have since gotten more issues with my back.

Sleeping on a mattress does not help and I'm wondering if it's still considered ok to use a relatively small (190x70cm) foldable sleeping cot? instead of sleeping on the ground?
Yes, It was OK this year so there should be no reason why it shouldn't be OK @ Berget 2017

We all had similar size beds in our tent and where checked in beforehand if the size was OK
Berget 14: NAF Alfa company grunt
Berget 15: NAF ACE Company Pathfinders SQL
Berget 16: NAF HQ intel officer

Agamendor
Private
Private

Post by Agamendor » 23 Nov 2017, 15:50

I want to let you know that the information about sleeping on cots/beds are missleading.
Its clearly stated that " It is prohibited to bring tent beds to tents supplied by Berget-Events. "