Sleeping in tents

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 02 Jun 2011, 14:41

To the heater:

- The fire watch should always have a knife and a bottle of water with him at all times, and he should be out of his sleeping bag. Knife for cutting the tent open, and water if something catches on fire like a sleeping bag.

- Get busy! Fire watch can be boring as hell. So bring something to read, to eat, make a cup of coffee for the next fire watch or dry some clothing.

- For god sakes, don't touch the chimney! If you throw in enough wood, this chimney will me red hot and can create some nasty second and third degree burns.

Also when living in a tent, every player should know were his space is. As we say: "Live in your backpack". Keep everything (almost) in your backpack, then you always know were things are. And you are free from team members complaining about your stuff being everywhere!
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

Ilstad
Private
Private

Post by Ilstad » 02 Jun 2011, 15:09

Talisman wrote:To the heater:

- The fire watch should always have a knife and a bottle of water with him at all times, and he should be out of his sleeping bag. Knife for cutting the tent open, and water if something catches on fire like a sleeping bag.

- Get busy! Fire watch can be boring as hell. So bring something to read, to eat, make a cup of coffee for the next fire watch or dry some clothing.

- For god sakes, don't touch the chimney! If you throw in enough wood, this chimney will me red hot and can create some nasty second and third degree burns.

Also when living in a tent, every player should know were his space is. As we say: "Live in your backpack". Keep everything (almost) in your backpack, then you always know were things are. And you are free from team members complaining about your stuff being everywhere!
one outher ting, the fire watsh should also have ther shoes on.
When I was in the army we usally cleand our riffle at the fire whats time.

And just for the comfort, make coffie to each other, its nice du have a cop of coffie/ hot chocolate. when you have to sitt an hour or more, as a fire watsh.

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 02 Jun 2011, 15:50

Ilstad wrote:
one outher ting, the fire watsh should also have ther shoes on.
Great point! This goes under a must!

And as for the rifle cleaning, its a great way to stay concentrated and ultimately- Stay awake.

And from my own experience. Keep hydrated when going to sleep and when your on fire watch. When a stove is lit, the air quality inside the tent can get really shitty. So open one of the openings in the roof, and get everyone to drink before going to sleep.
This will prevent you from getting a dry mouth and a real headache.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dimori » 26 Oct 2011, 13:42

Are you allowed to bring your own bed to the tents? Like this one:
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

Jason
Private
Private

Post by Jason » 26 Oct 2011, 13:50

Dimori wrote:Are you allowed to bring your own bed to the tents? Like this one:
I understood that they are forbidden by the rules (at least they were on B9), but haven't checked the rules for B10 yet.

If you bring your own tent, you can propably do anything you like :)
- B9: The Firm / Zansians, Lima-squad, 2IC
- B10: The Zansian Black Guard, G3, 2IC
- B15: UPIR Shadows
- B17: GFM Scorpions, Zulu PC

S.R.A.P.E - At your six!

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Berget-events » 26 Oct 2011, 14:37

Berget-provides a sleepingplace (200 x 60cm) in tent or shelter. Berget-events do not provide any sleepingbag or mattress. It is prohibited to bring larger mattresses/beds than 200 x 60cm to tents supplied by Berget-Events.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dimori » 26 Oct 2011, 15:25

Berget-events wrote:2.0
Berget-provides a sleepingplace (200 x 60cm) in tent or shelter. Berget-events do not provide any sleepingbag or mattress. It is prohibited to bring larger mattresses/beds than 200 x 60cm to tents supplied by Berget-Events.
The size of the bed in the picture is 192 x 66 x 43 cm. So I guess I can't use it, unless Berget crew is ready to make a small compromise for couple of centimeters...

I noticed in the rules for Berget 10 that it says it is prohibited to bring tent beds to tents supplied by Berget-Events. Can someone clarify what is the final rule about the beds in tents, because I'm getting contradicting information now.
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 26 Oct 2011, 18:59

Forbidding such camping beds is totally meaningless. In fact you can utilize the place in a tent BETTER with it since your gear can be stuffed UNDER the bed instead of beside your/matress/sleeping bag.

If you want better space utiliziation and people safe from flooding water a camping bed is both safer and far more effective than a matress on the floor.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

Mr.Ghost
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Mr.Ghost » 26 Oct 2011, 20:47

motorhead, +1.

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 26 Oct 2011, 21:34

+1 to motorhead, I'd been using it in the past bergets and achieved much better tent-usage.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 27 Oct 2011, 05:58

SPOF spoke about the SLEEPING-SPACE. You can use that as you want. The problem i experiensed during former games, is that it CAN be hard to use all space inside a round tent with square beds. We need to squeece-in about 14-16 players inside each tent...
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 27 Oct 2011, 14:13

Freno got a very true point there. This is the basic problem with round tents (ok, the Swedish tents are not round per se, but roundish anyway).

As much as I would like to use my tent bed in Berget, I know it is problematic. I remember a scene from the army, where draftees slept in sleeping bags on the ground, about 16-18 guys per tent, and the officers and other "paid personnel" slept on their tent beds, in a same sized tent, 8-10 men per tent. And it was harder to move around in that tent, compared to the first example.

If the tents are more square-like, tent beds are definitely the best choice.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 06 Nov 2011, 22:05

As much as I would like to use my tent bed in Berget, I know it is problematic. I remember a scene from the army, where draftees slept in sleeping bags on the ground, about 16-18 guys per tent, and the officers and other "paid personnel" slept on their tent beds, in a same sized tent, 8-10 men per tent. And it was harder to move around in that tent, compared to the first example.
I like the fact that you, my Finn bro:s, still wonder why people dont do it like the FDF.
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

fractured
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Sleeping in tents

Post by fractured » 04 Jan 2015, 19:30

Hate to necro, but I would like to ask why tent beds are forbidden? I know for a fact that everyone takes less space in a 192-66cm tent bed, then in a 195-70 sleeping mattress.
Anyone who could give a good reason here?
B6 UN, B7 SRP, B8 NAF, B11 GCT SIDU, B12 BoPo, B13 GCT 1:st inf, B14 NAF Inf, B16 UPIR inf, B17 GFM inf, B18 GFM inf, B19 Repa inf,

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: Sleeping in tents

Post by Tiger_1 » 04 Jan 2015, 19:45

Read a fem post up, LARGE beds are not allowed, standard military field cot is
"go to your God like a soldier!"