The MRE stomach

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 01 Dec 2009, 11:52

Drytech is top-stuff, although the breakfasts are too much for me. Dangerously sweet and I've heard of few that can eat more then half of it, but exckluding the breakfasts their meals are very good comparing with other similar stuff I've had and you can eat each and every different kind of meal without problem. And in the day ration variant you get chocoloate ;)
B5. Russia.
OC2. Militia.
B6. NATO, Bravo coy, 3rd Plt commander
B7. Milos tigers, Sibiria coy, 3rd Plt commander
B8. Poldavian Psy-Ops, Plt commander
B9. UN, Coy commander

Rhyn0
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhyn0 » 01 Dec 2009, 12:10

at B7 i've eaten almost exclusively heatermeals
http://www.heatermeals.co.uk/

they're a "civilian" ration similar to MRE's, and in the US you can get them just as entrees or with sweets, drinks and powerbars for a more complete meal.
I've had only ythe entrees, and i must say they are very good, even if a bit small as a portion. No gastrointestinal problems after eating, they heat fast and very well(gets extremly hot after 10-15 mins), and the heating bag can be used afterwards as a body warmer(one kept my back warm for 25 mins during a chillier B7 night). Most of them are similar to a stew, with sauce and vegetables as well as meat. They don't fell like eating a canned or dried food, they taste like a regular meal.They are easy to carry, i always had one in my buttpack, without sacrificing ammo or other useful thinngs that i needed carried.
It's a pretty great thing to be able during a half hour downtime to just take a load off, heat your meal and eat eat, while still in position at your roadblock foxhole.

4 or 5 other people had them, and none reported any problems with them, so they are highly recommended.
B7- Milo's Tigers, Sq.L
B8- 15th Pold. Psyops, "Bash", Coy Cmdr.
B9- Pold. 3rd, Recon plt. ldr
B10- Pold. Force Recon "Odin's Ravens" Cmmdr
B11- HVIU Operative/Guyana Border Police(Cpt. Garcea)
B12- GCT Rangers-Engineer
B13- GCT Paras Engineer/AT guy
B14- NAF Fathom Grunt/AT guy

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 02 Dec 2009, 15:53

french army combat ration :D

it take more place than dry food but very good and one pack is for one day breackfirst lunch and diner per box :)
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 02 Dec 2009, 21:00

Rhyn0 wrote:at B7 i've eaten almost exclusively heatermeals
same here. i always had one in my vest i case i got hungry. As long as you pick up all the trash, i'll say this is the best option if you want to pack light. You'll "prepare them before you leave home by removig the wrapping and spoon that's included. You'll put the food and waterbag into the heater bag, close them and mark them so you know what it is (thus reducing trash you need to carry around @ berget)

And throw away the included plastic spoon and fork, and bring a Spork.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Rubber Duckie
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rubber Duckie » 02 Dec 2009, 23:36

For the people that have funny tummys or are just picky in what they eat look up the ration builder section
http://www.armyrations.co.uk/

ron the slayer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by ron the slayer » 03 Dec 2009, 22:29

very handy :)

PKE
Private
Private

Post by PKE » 27 Dec 2009, 04:44

sierrasierranorway wrote:MRE sucks, try instead REAL Turmat or DRYTECK as many in Norway call it. The best field food ever. http://www.drytech.no/ Sorry webpage in Norwegian.
Yes I can vouch fore those to. They taste very nice. And I did not have any problems with a runny ass. A bit pricey thou.

Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Re: The MRE stomach

Post by Spof » 29 Dec 2016, 14:19

Never gets too old.
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."

Wandall
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: The MRE stomach

Post by Wandall » 16 Apr 2017, 20:46

I personally love US MRE. The variety and taste (IMO) you get in a single mealbag. Specially when I replace them crackers with these uhm... Sour Drybread? Sour Rusk maybe? Package sais Surskorpor in swedish. A miniscule sized rectangular slize of these has 2,3 GRAMS of fiber in it. 2,3 grams in a 10 grams slize. Might not be the best ratio-vise but sure is tasty and good for tummy!
"One shot, One kill." "First to aid, last to die."