How to travel with your gun via airplane

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Bilich
Sergeant
Sergeant

How to travel with your gun via airplane

Post by Bilich » 11 Jul 2010, 22:57

This topic is for boys and girls who want to come on Berget via airplane.

If you are living outside EU it could be expensive to send your gun on the Berget games via post office or express shiping companies.It also could mean that you will be without your gun for a few weeks before and after the game.

Also you could have problems with your local customs if they do not know what is airsoft gun.
The best and cheapest way to send your gun is just bring it with you at airport.

How to do that ?

When you are buying your airplane ticket be sure to look at companies special baggae list. There are a lot of companies that will take airsoft gun on plane in special baggage.

Be sure that you say to your ticket salesman that you will bring airsoft gun with you at least 15 days before the flight. There may be a chance that salesman do not know what is airsoft gun so he/she will write ''a gun , weapon'' or something like that. Be sure that he writes ''Airsoft sport gun'' or something like that.

Make sure that your gun is well packed. A lot of airplane companies will not take airsoft gun if it is not in a hard case. You can put a padlock on it as well. If you ever seen how airport staff drops bags from airplane to those airport car you know what I am thinking when I say that you need hard case :D If it is not in a hard case it could get damaged. We do not want our guns to get damaged , do we ? :P

Make sure that you do not have magasines with dummy bullets because you are not allowed to have them in your case or take it on the plane.

If your country laws requires licence or somethnig like that for airsoft gun make sure that you have it with your passport.

After you check in and pay for gun transport go at the special baggage section and give your baggage to airport employees. They will scan it and you will not see it until you come to Sweden :D

Prices are very cheap. Malev ( Hungarian airways ) will take 30€ for one way for 15kgs baggage. In that baggage you can put your magazines, BB's , slings , red dot and pouches or other staff that you need for your gun.

If you are living outside EU , airport security and police will look at your gun at the arrival airport in the EU as well. Be calm and do not get nervous.They can not open your case without you so they will call you and ask you a few questions about a gun. It might take a while but it will be ok.

It is good to have some papers from Berget games ( just print the few pages from the website and your payment confirmation ).

Also , make sure that you have right information and best way to do that is call your airline company.

And if you think I can help just send me PM :wink:
B8 - Poldavian 3.rd mountainers , 4th platoon
B9 - Mister of Poldavia and sexual object

Splinter-B
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Splinter-B » 23 Apr 2011, 10:37

Has anybody encountered any problems transporting (via air or road transport) batteries?
I contacted an express company and although transporting the guns is not an issue they are unsure and checking what the status about LiPo batteries is.
Any ideas/suggestions?
B9 - NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
-------------------------------------
www.adventuregear.gr

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 23 Apr 2011, 11:47

Splinter-B wrote:Has anybody encountered any problems transporting (via air or road transport) batteries?
I contacted an express company and although transporting the guns is not an issue they are unsure and checking what the status about LiPo batteries is.
Any ideas/suggestions?
For LiPo accus/batteries are comercially safety bags available in case they catch fire. Should you not be able to get one where you are, contact me via PM.

JAMARA LiPo Guard € 9,90
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

Splinter-B
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Splinter-B » 23 Apr 2011, 13:14

Vielen Dank, Ober-Lix :)

I will try to find it locally, if not I will PM you!

Thanks again!
B9 - NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
-------------------------------------
www.adventuregear.gr

EagleDriver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by EagleDriver » 25 Apr 2011, 23:08

For travel to and from the USA, passengers are required to carry loose LiPo batteries in their carry on luggage only. So I have a LiPo sack, as Ober-Lix points out, and it makes them easy to organize in the LiPo sack too.
B9 NAF, 3rd Ranger Btn, 2IC B4 Company
B10 NAF Guy who talks all day to the cute girls serving the food in base.

Armalite5.56
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Armalite5.56 » 14 Jun 2011, 14:58

Just spoke to SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) in the UK and aparently they are counted as weapons and have to be prebooked but there is not limit to the amount of guns that can be in one case. However they did specify that any gas would be resticted but Im not brining any since Im getting it at Berget so not sure what she meant by that, but she did start talking about CO2 and I said I didnt have any... Also there is not fee according to the agent for them as weapons but there would have been if they were RS so it is just counted as a weapon in excess baggage apparently, or so she said I would be charged. But they have to be prebooked for both directions. Also she needed to have it specified if they were rifles and pistols so me and my friend are bringing 3 rifles and a pistol.

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 15 Jun 2011, 00:09

When I traveled from Norway to Sweden by plane (SAS) I had about 4-5 weapons in my bag. So there is no limit in how many weapons you can have in one bag, as long as its one bag.

But don't bring any kind of accessories like scopes or lights in the hand baggage. All though its permitted, I had to run trough the security checkpoint
at Arlanda 5 times.

Also arrive at the airport a little sooner that you have planed, since you have special baggage that takes some extra time to check in.
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2