women in Berget..

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 15 May 2012, 19:08

It is not opimal thing not to able to wash one self. But you can manage by changing clean clothes and using baby wipes after going to toilet and desinfection wipes to clean your hands etc.

I have still found time every year to take a swim in nearby lake or the ocean beach to at least to clean up a little bit. Or you can drive to the city and go to the swimming hall where they have showers. This doesn't take more than an hour to do, you just need a means of transportation.

I personally think that if you really need to take a shower, from the hygienical point of view, or because you want to, you can do it. It is not impossible. People do wash their teeth everyday, so why wouldn't they take showers if they feel need to do it. I will, I don't want to have any ass fungus or anything. But these comes to the personal preferences as usual.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 15 May 2012, 19:44

I meant no harm and i am full of silly humor but when someone is new to a game i tend to want to help them rather then to make jokes that can get them insecure.

I think all the Finnish players at Berget has been really good, gentlemen, hardcore players and i know some of them. (no I'm not Finnish, I'm a Swede living in Finland)

I personally i have only used the showers on 1 of 4 Berget games because i was one of the people "responsible" for getting them working in the morning of that game. As WINDI^ says baby wipes/wet wipes and changing underwear is the way to go trough Berget.

i apologize Rectunator if i was a bit harsh
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 15 May 2012, 20:06

If genders bother you, join the Zansian units on the field! Behind the mask everyone's equal and there are no men or women. Only troopers.
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Lokke
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lokke » 15 May 2012, 23:18

Ticket closedown.

Forget it.
Berget 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ,13, 14. 15. Soon 16

Lokke

www.ostfoldmilsim.no
fb: Ostfoldmilsim

blackwidow
Private
Private

Women..

Post by blackwidow » 16 May 2012, 17:31

Gentlemen, thank you for the very helpful information. Now as to me, though I'm pretty healthy for a 60 y/o woman, I feel that by being out in the bush, and running like hell; would slow you folks down. So to make it easier for me, and for everyone to have fun, I've decided; if I do make it is to be on the general staff.

I think that is where I'm best suited. Now as for being an MP back at base camp, I would also love to be in that role, now in the real world; the combat MP (95B) is out there, doing MSR (Main Supply route convoy), taking in prisoners, processing and guarding them. Also, since they have access to larger caliber weapons, they are also the QRF (Quick Reaction Force), and they also do Traffic control, in convoy operations.

Now as to my being out in the field. Yes I would love to be in a nice hotel room, bathroom at my beck and call, the ability to lie in a nice tub of warm water, listening to quiet 60's-70's head banging metal rock....

But as we all know, in combat bathing is a luxury, so if you don't mind a stinky, smelly 60 year old who'll take a chance in showering with the guys, I'm all yours. Just don't put things down my boot, OK - LOL.

One of the more interesting cultural issues here in America is where do the girls shower, and the guys shower. I guess with all of your Continental gentlemen that is not a problem, unless someone is very horney, and can't hold themselves....But, nevertheless with the advances in women hygene products, going to the field is a snap...

So for evreyone who was kind enough to write, and even the ones who have a hormonal problem with women in the field, or the ones who seem to be overbearing, I thank you.

Oh, its been years since I've thrown someone out the window into a garbage can who has given me shit! - LOL.

Thanks

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 16 May 2012, 17:52

And just to alleviate the statements made so far, while women in Berget are treated as and consider themselves equal, there is a basic set of manners even in the Continental guys. Meaning that usually (unless there's like 40+ folks in urgent need of a shower), women will be able to shower on their own if they want to.

The guys will actually be kind enough to wait until you're done often enough, and there's even a few knights-at-heart in Berget who would defend the shower room's door with their life to make sure you get your privacy.
Been here since B08... :)

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 16 May 2012, 17:55

When I attended the event back in 2009, I believe only one base had showers and in that base there was set times for when the guys showered and when the women showered. That way there was no sharing showers at the same time.

I have attended two events, one in 2008 and the other in 2009 and showers was only there at the second event. I can't say if recent events have had showers.

However at the 2008 event, there was a local school or sport centre (I can't remember which) that allowed the players to have a shower after the event. That I believe was more a free for all.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 16 May 2012, 18:29

Last year there were at least showers in the Poldavian base. They looked very improvised, but I think they worked :P
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 16 May 2012, 21:15

It´s not so hard to make a shower on your own. Maybe not so hot water, but WTF...
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Rectunator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Rectunator » 18 May 2012, 07:33

Waldo, I dont know how well the Polly-shower worked as a shower, but the water tank and the shed gave ample cover when we raided your water source. So when you enter the base, take note where the sanitation and bathing facilities are. You never know when you need to take cover. ;)
Berget 9 - Zansian Black Ops, J10 Medic, The Firm.

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 18 May 2012, 10:51

Just like the shitters at the UN base...perfect protection :D
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 18 May 2012, 22:11

Rectunator wrote:Waldo, I dont know how well the Polly-shower worked as a shower, but the water tank and the shed gave ample cover when we raided your water source. So when you enter the base, take note where the sanitation and bathing facilities are. You never know when you need to take cover. ;)
I lol'ed I was on the pol mec last berget, and during a 2hour re-spawn of the cars(because of zansian) i decided to take a shower. Obviously no sooner then i had got to start showering there was an attack on the base :) Lucky for me i had my protection goggles handy :P
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

Rythm
Captain
Captain

Post by Rythm » 21 May 2012, 23:26

You would not be the first 60+ female at a berget event, widow. Last year i had the pleasure of meeting a lovely little french lady about your age. So no worries, you are not alone. Oh, and do keep in mind that most who attended berget have military training due to the conscription in their respective nations.
6mm.se

B9: UN - Platoon commander
B10: Zansian Black Guards - Platoon commander
B11: Ravens - Company commander/Intel officer
B12: Ravens - 2 in Command
B13: Ikaros - 2iC
B15: Mercs - 2iC
B17: GFM - 2iC
B18: GFM - 2iC

blackwidow
Private
Private

Women in the field.

Post by blackwidow » 18 Jun 2012, 23:48

Hey guys thanks for all of the wonderful and incite full information.

As for being a female in the field. I was humping an M-14 and packing a 40lb rucksack, not to mention trying to find a nice place to sleep while traveling with a nuclear warhead underneath my ass. I also spent enough time as a Field MP in the bush, stinking up the countryside with a bunch of my comrades while covered with ticks, grass, and mud.

I was low crawling in mud that came from farm runoffs, and have been wet from playing Airsoft w/o a change of clothing in mild winter weather....

So the fact is that it would be nice to get out of the weather and shower is nice, but if I do play in a combat environment, don't think for a moment I won't be slugging it out with the bunch of you guys, trying to keep warm.

My only question was if there was a shower facility in the field. If not "I'll be cleaing my butt, and keeping my ass greased as someone recently said - LOL.

I may take a bit longer to get up them hills, but the fun is being there with my team mates....And you won't get any whining from me, maybe a few curse words.... LOL

Cam