Gun permit for The Netherlands

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Buffalo
Newbee
Newbee

Gun permit for The Netherlands

Post by Buffalo » 20 Jun 2012, 15:21

Hello I'm no veteran but now gained some experience in obtaining gun permits for airsoft weapons. We shall attend Berget 10 with 6 persons and we're comming from Belgium with a camper and a normal car. We wanted to drive through Belgium ( wich is stressfree due to the law where you can own , and transport airsoftweapons freely if the transport is made following this rules :
1 transport only between , home-event-store for repairs.
2 transported weapons : no battery connected ,
3 magazines empty and separated from the weapon and/or the weapons bag or guncase.
4 no lasersights and/or silencers mounted to the gun
5 transported weapons in a closed bag or gunciase preferably with a locking mechanism )
We then want to drive through The Netherlands where owning an airsoftweapons is strictly illegal.
So therefor I needed to contact the Ministry of Justice and I did this by mail at : frontdesk.justis@minjus.nl and then I received a form to fill out because the airsoftweapons are treated as illegal weopns where I needed a permit for.
The form I neede to fill out was called " aanvraag tot ontheffing ".
The form was sent by email and to be downloaded as acrobatreader-file
You need to print out the form , fill it in and then send it by mail to the Justice department at :
Ministerie van Justitie,
Directie Bestuurszaken,
afdeling IBB/WWM,
Postbus 20300,
2500 EH DEN HAAG
Now it takes them about 8 !!! weeks to make their decision so keep this in mind if your planning to do so.
After that I received a mail from wwm.administratie.ontheffingen@minvenj.nl that stated my apply as ready and after a few extra needed informations I had to pay 50 euros for the possible approval and needed to send provement that I payed by scanning and mailing my bankticket.
It can take 13 !!! more weeks for them to make their decision
BUT !!!!!!
We also needed to pass through Germany where German law says it's legal to own an airsoft weapon if it is modificated to only single fire , has a serial nummer and a obligated "F" mark that the weapon is homologated for use in Germany. So if you have automatic weapons they are strictly forbidden and you need to ask the BUNDESKRIMINALAMT for an " Erlaubnisschein Mitnahme von Waffen durch Bundesrepublik Deutschland" since your weapon will otherwise be treated as a "VERBOTEN WAFFEN" but you can never obtain such a permit if you do not have an adress in Germany.
If you take the risk you can get your guns confiscated and even arrested.
So what to do now ? : modificate our guns to only single-shooting ?Or sending them over ?
or ...... dissasemble the guns to parts ( and parts can't shoot at all.... ) so whe chose this sollution and also made clear to the Dutch Justice that our weapons will be diseassembled when we cross the borders of The Netherlands which made it easier to obtain the "DOORVOERCONSENT"
If you ignore the Dutch law you risk your guns being confiscated , destroyed , a fine of 2700 Euros and even getting arrested so as we have a saying here in Belgium
"A warned man is worth two man

I hope this info can help other players who want to do this for comming Berget-events

greetz Buffalo
"Train with the best , die like the rest"

WhiteAce
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by WhiteAce » 20 Jun 2012, 15:44

You actually did get a Dutch permit? :o
Berget 5: 2IC Spetsnaz.
Berget 6: CoyCO NATO Golf coy.
Berget 7: PtnCO 2nd platoon 2nd coy
Berget 8: 3rd Rangers Battalion:
Berget 10: Co of NAF forces

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 20 Jun 2012, 16:36

EagleDriver wrote a pretty good guide how to get a gun permit for germany. You need to contact a Ordnungsamt. the BKA-permit is only for german retailers only as far as i recall.

Note: Dissassembling the guns and putting them in different bags is not an option. German authorities are not stupid :P
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

trixje
Newbee
Newbee

Post by trixje » 20 Jun 2012, 17:16

we're also travelling by camper from Belgium to Berget :D
We've sent the lower receivers as a package so we aren't taking any complete guns with us. (exept a 10/22 that has F markings).

I mailed with the customs of Germany and that was no problem because parts are not complete guns and so cannot be used to do anything illegal.

We're not travelling trough the netherlands, we travel from Liège to Aachen and then right up the north!

Damn I can't wait to go ^^

Buffalo
Newbee
Newbee

Dutch gun permit

Post by Buffalo » 22 Jun 2012, 15:19

WhiteAce wrote:You actually did get a Dutch permit? :o
Yes we did indeed. Today by mail came a form we needed to print out.
That was it after many mails and phonecalls of course.
I would like Mvr van den Bosch very much fore making this permit possible in this very short amount of time. :D
"Train with the best , die like the rest"

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 22 Jun 2012, 15:51

Awesome news that you got your permit. :)

I have to say that I found something quite odd: you say it's strictly illegal to own any airsoftweapon in The Netherlands? This coming from the same country that lets you smoke cannabis legally?

Is it just me or is there something amusing about:

"Oh sure you can engage in drug-use that's pretty much illegal everywhere else in the world and you can pay for the services of prostitutes wihout knowing if they are human-trafficking victims or not, HOWEVER you are FORBIDDEN from owning any kind of plastic pellet launcher that is about as harmful to anyone as your average mosquito bite." :D

Not that I frown upon the Dutch social tolerance of cannabis smoking or prostitution. In fact I wish more countries in the world would take after from them in regards to those particular issues (out of personal liberty-related reasons, not because I personally use drugs or the services of prostitutes).

But you have to admit that regardless of where you are in the world, countries tend to have strange and near-humourous inconsistencies in their laws. :D