Big expectations!!!

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 27 Jul 2012, 22:53

NL_Lexxie wrote:
Coffe wrote:[Because for some reason Berget Events primarily gave missions involving any kind of action to the NAF Rangers and pretty much ignored the Infantry.
Hi Coffe,

I was poldavian this year but after the game I talked to one of the Coy Coms at the Mc D's. He told me that he was not happy with the distribution of orders but he did not blame berget, he blamed the highest commander of NAF. I will not go into more details but as far as I understood there was no communication in NAF HQ.

wanted to mention this since it is not fair to blame BE for this.

Cheers
please don't spread gossip
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 27 Jul 2012, 22:55

NL_Lexxie wrote: I was poldavian this year but after the game I talked to one of the Coy Coms at the Mc D's. He told me that he was not happy with the distribution of orders but he did not blame berget, he blamed the highest commander of NAF. I will not go into more details but as far as I understood there was no communication in NAF HQ.

wanted to mention this since it is not fair to blame BE for this.

Cheers
Yeah, my Coy Commander told med the same thing. The thing is after having discussed the matter on the forums with the Bat Co/C&C they've said that they weren' the ones assigning units to specific missions, they were essentially just acting as "go-betweens" for Berget Events and the NAF forces.

So whenever an order was given that (for example) First platoon and second platoon of the NAF Rangers was going to sieze objective X, then that wasn't really a decision made by the C&C but by berget events. All the C&C did was relay those orders to the NAF forces below them in the chain of command, and apparently they had been instructed to do so by Berget Events (i.e their hands were tied)

A few other commanders I've spoken to confirms that this was going on. And if that's the truth the Berget Events SERIOUSLY need to let go of command to the actual C&C units instead of doing this sort of harmful micromanaging.

An ideal game for me would be one where Berget Events invent and throw out missions during the game and just let the commanders deal with it in whatever fasion they choose. Preferably BE sends A LOT of missions so that the commanders feel hard pressed to send out as many people as possible to achieve different objectives (in order to prevent favoritism), and just take a step back and let nature take it's course.

Now THAT would be FUN!

EDIT:

However if the C6C are just shifting blame on BE, then I have to say that it's highly immature to do.

The responsible people (whether they be BE staff or the commanders) really ought to step up, admit the faults that so many players are complaining about (there's just too many angry and disappointed voices to simply blame it on "a few disgruntled individuals") and show some overall transparency of how the game is run.

This secrecy that goes on just make people more frustrated, blame is placed where it might not belong (I for one admit having blamed a few people that probably weren't responsible for the percieved faults, and for which I am genuinely sorry) and nothing constructive can come of it because the people who try to give constructive criticism aren't really informed of how things are run by Berget Events during the game.

More honest transparency and less secrecy would most likely aid in making the players happy and make future games more enjoyable for everyone.

jurgen975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by jurgen975 » 30 Jul 2012, 13:14

Last edited by jurgen975 on 31 Jul 2012, 10:23, edited 2 times in total.
B7- NATO, India Com, 2nd Platoon, SL 2nd Squad
B8-NAF 5 th Battalion,TL
B9-Due to a gun mailfunction had to leave the game
B10-Company Commander Alpha Company 3 rd Ranger Battalion

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 31 Jul 2012, 00:07

I believe that anyone who feels confident and capable of leading and organizing should apply to a leading position next year.
Those with experience and history should try with company level...

Add a touch of positive thinking and you are able to provide fun for the whole unit. Ask Sappers 8)

Sitting on your butt and waiting for the world to attack you may reward you with some action, but organizing that action for 5, 10 or 100 people is by far the most rewarding feeling. Whoever has done it, will agree with that.

Try it and do it... beats bitching about BE.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

TerrenceAnth
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TerrenceAnth » 01 Aug 2012, 17:06

Personally me and my guys where in the for 2.3 infantry and we seen countless action. Instead of sitting around waiting for missions ask the commanders if you can go out on patrol.
Me and my recon unit went out on patrol and almost every time because we where out in the field where sent down orders to reinforce other infantry and rangers.

On the way back from one of our recon missons we decided to check in on the wind power station and next thing we know we have psyops all over us.

Over all me and my lads where very happy with the event it was our first and we seen alot of action. I found if your geared up and ready to take up a difficult mission then you get called on more.
B10: NAF 23rd light infantry. Fox 2.3 recon PL
B11: Blood Ravens PL
B12: Sledgehammer Company Commander
B:13 GCT Special Parachute Infantry PL
B14 NAF Infantry PL
B15 Ballsdeepwreckingcrew
B16 UPIR Hawk 9 Company Commander
B17 Coming Soon.....

The Black Watch
Blood for the blood god!

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 01 Aug 2012, 17:09

Meaning with this post is to help with NEXT game, not to read about former "expectations/experiances"!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 01 Aug 2012, 22:36

Sorry guy’s Brujo and freno,

I’m not totally agree with you.

First, don’t forget that people are paying for this game and some of us are traveling from all over the globe for Berget-Game.
I know that BE are doing the best they can for the success of the game.
But some players are coming for a “Milsim Event” and for that players are expecting to get orders from the C&C headquarters and when
The orders aren’t coming it’s a bit of problem for them.
Although I consider Berget-Event as a platform and from which you have to evolve yourself,
But if everyone will come to this event and start to look for a piece of action on them self’s without any orders to guide them, it will look like skirmish event …….
Every game has to follow his scenario with an option to go a little to the sideways. When players unit are doing something out of their minds….it’s O.K. for them and it’s good for game
From a certain point of view but if every force in game will go and move or act by the feeling “let’s go and look for action” then everything will lead for chaos..
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 01 Aug 2012, 23:07

I might have written my post a bit too short, Hezi... thanks for the remark.

Of course, the only way for a person to step forward is before the game, during planning and get themselves involved into planning and all....
Being smart during and after the sh1t is not appreciated by those who have tried and bothered for others.

...and then there is the CoC. I think it should be in the rules and disrespecting it should be the reason for discharging a player from game, it's just as much a spoiler to others as is not-taking-hits.

The only real duty of BE should be appointing Bat and Coy CO's with enthusiasm and experience. I for one would NOT like to be ripped off the planning job, when in command, and leave that bit to BE. It's half of the job! Performance on the field is really a result of months of planning.
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 02 Aug 2012, 02:21

I feel I must comment something here. Other and me have said "make your own berget". As said before, that can not be by going of on your own, the chain of command must be followed at all times. If you and your squad needs more to do, ask your commanding officer. Based on my experience, most players that end up going of on their own are people that for some reason has dropped out of their unit and now are bored. What you do then is contact your hq, and they will give you a task or connect you with your unit.

As for the C&C role during berget 10. Yes, the missions came with units, like "3rd will take and hold crossroads". As I am a person with a brain (and I also "make my berget"). Division hq has no business giving my brigade units direct orders over my head. Me and my HQ sorted the missions so that they where solved by the unit that made most sense based on the situation on the ground at that time (not berget missions written two months before). Except for a few missions given to special unit, almost none of the missions poldavian units solved where solved by the unit berget had put on the paper. As my brigade was operating based on my brigade orders and unit areas of responsibility.

I have and I will in the future give berget feedback as to the way missions where given, and hopefully next time the C&C unit can be given overall mission objectives, and just a few "emergency" missions. So that commanders actually can do the mission planing, and work out how to achieve their objectives.

I hope most poldavian players did not feel that their commanders where simply "doing as berget said". With the exception of the last mission (my opinions on that is voiced in other parts of the forum) berget controll of poldavian operations where minimal.
"go to your God like a soldier!"

SafetyTurtle
Private
Private

Post by SafetyTurtle » 02 Aug 2012, 09:59

As mentioned before it also depends on what you find fun.
This year I didn't go on a single patrol (Never left the base) and spend most of my time digging an MG nest at the psyops base and keeping watch and I had a heck of a time.

As mentioned before though, I doubt Berget is the right game for people who are into fast play and spreading alot of plastic.
Berget 10: Poldavian Psyops.

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 05 Aug 2012, 20:03

Eaven i was maybe too short!

Ofcourse you must prepare your self BEFORE gamestart!
Your expectations need to be given front, and togeather we make another great game.

Good comment:
-Berget is a platform....

A platform whitch is buillt togeather, before gamestart.
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.}
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} » 08 Sep 2012, 07:02

Hi!
Any news about Berget 2013!?