gear...

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Dimori
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: gear...

Post by Dimori » 15 Nov 2012, 17:58

To me my Entrenching tool (shovel) was one of my favourite piece of eguipment last Berget. It was very handy to put up the tent pegs, digging a canal around the tent for water, cutting off some branches (from a dead tree) for defensive cover. I was actually surprised how useful it turned out to be. The most useless item was my tactical flashlight I brought. Never needed it...

And about mosquito repellent, I don't use that. :P
Zansia has the wisdom of falcon.

B10: Zansian "Black guard" Infantry Battalion - F4-7

Naitzo
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Naitzo » 02 Jan 2013, 02:47

My field bed <--Usefull
Best regards, Naitzo.
GOA Norway.
B9- Poldavian 1st Mechanized. Driver
B10- Poldavian 21st Mechanized. Driver
B11- Ravens Guerilla, Mechanized "Panzer Comp", Squad 2. Driver
B12- Engine failure, did not attend.
B13- lol
[LB4LG]

sidewinderxxl
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sidewinderxxl » 14 Jan 2013, 21:34

hydration!, did i mention hydration ?, if you are normally fit(not to fit, but not to shabby either), you can get by with about 2 Litres, though i would recommend 3 litres for 24 hours just to be sure. especially if you are prone to headaches, and keep a small bag of nuts easily aceccible, this will keep your salt lvls up and keep you from passing out. small GP pouch or fanny pack would do.
B10 : Poldavian 15th Sappers

B11: SIDU

B12: PMC Operator - Team Leader of sorts

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 15 Jan 2013, 14:54

Go gamping in the woods. You and your team. Use the gear you plan to play in. (mabye not the guns)
Walk for a while, set up camp, talk crap, make a fire and eat good. Walk some more later or the next day. Notice how some gear gets in the way, feels wrong or is just to heavy. Two guys might bring a cooker when you only need one, or your system of carry is bad.

Some guy said it, training and experience with your kit.

But one specific item? uhm, good boots i guess.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

sidewinderxxl
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sidewinderxxl » 15 Jan 2013, 15:19

the above =)
B10 : Poldavian 15th Sappers

B11: SIDU

B12: PMC Operator - Team Leader of sorts

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 10 May 2013, 00:25

What saved my ass and always has:

- Goretex raingear. Absolutely essential and not having them is the f*cking reason so many people quit the game every year early. Make absolutely sure you have atleast some kind of raingear when you come to berget, I cannot stress this enough.

- Good boots. I've used Haix boots for a long time, but there are many other good boots out there too. Just make sure to use quality boots you have gotten used to. Dont be a jackass and get blisters from shitty boots, you'll ruin the game for yourself and weaken your team. Propably the #2 reason people quit Berget early, if you make me guess.

Most useless gear I had carried:

- While I cant remember anything specific one gear that was absolute dead weight, the overall quantity of stuff I've carried has been dramatically cut back from the first to Berget's I did. The combination of everything extra is what makes you heavy. This is something you mainly get from personal experience and from actually thinking what you are doing. If you are a newbie, best to show your gear list to more experienced guys for evaluation.

.. Ofcourse it should go without saying, that you should leave heavy helmets and armor plates and other useless dummy weight home. Think efficient; Anything you cannot use for your benefit is not needed. Light is right, especially in Berget where days can drag out and mileage can add up. Dont wear heavy gear; you still need to carry water and food anyway so make weight cuts to everything you can without compromising yourself. Think lightweight load bearing gear, plastic magazines, lightweight rain gear, lightweight packbacks.
Hazardous wrote: -To avoid wear and tear on you'r feet, I strongly recommend to by technical socks. You can find them for about 40€ a set. Just change them every morning or when you get wet.
Not sure what you mean by a "set", but you can get a pair of Bridgedale socks for about 20 euros and they are amazing. Best socks I've ever worn in my life. Basic technical socks seriously suck compared to them. Merino Wool FTW, very comfortable, doesnt smell half as bad and keeps feet warmer if wet.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 10 May 2013, 08:36

Bersu wrote:
Hazardous wrote: -To avoid wear and tear on you'r feet, I strongly recommend to by technical socks. You can find them for about 40€ a set. Just change them every morning or when you get wet.
Not sure what you mean by a "set", but you can get a pair of Bridgedale socks for about 20 euros and they are amazing. Best socks I've ever worn in my life. Basic technical socks seriously suck compared to them. Merino Wool FTW, very comfortable, doesnt smell half as bad and keeps feet warmer if wet.
A set contains the inner sock and the outer sock, so that's two socks on each feet.
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

JKangas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by JKangas » 10 May 2013, 11:41

Bersu wrote:Not sure what you mean by a "set", but you can get a pair of Bridgedale socks for about 20 euros and they are amazing. Best socks I've ever worn in my life. Basic technical socks seriously suck compared to them. Merino Wool FTW, very comfortable, doesnt smell half as bad and keeps feet warmer if wet.
Bridgedales are good but I have found Smartwool PhD socks to be even better :) Very good at keeping their form/stretch, have a nice furry wool layer next to skin so no blisters or sticky feeling even without liner sock. Highly recommended.
B8: 1st Poldavian, 1st Coy, Fox Sq. 3
B9: The Firm, Zansian Sq. K, Pizza Delivery Guy
B10: Zansian 1st Coy, Alpha Pl, 1st Sq.
B11: Raven Guerilla Mursu Coy, Alpha Pl, Alpha Sq.
B13: Ikaros Mursu Coy, 1st Pl, 1st Sq. "Front Squat - Etukyykky"
B15: NAF FINBAT Air Cav, Fox 3 Pl.

Bersu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bersu » 10 May 2013, 13:17

JKangas wrote:Bridgedales are good but I have found Smartwool PhD socks to be even better :) Very good at keeping their form/stretch, have a nice furry wool layer next to skin so no blisters or sticky feeling even without liner sock. Highly recommended.
Thanks, have to check those out! Personally, I've never worn double socks since my stint in military back in 07, when there was no better alternative for avoiding blisters than basic wool and sport socks.
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 3
Berget 8 - Poldovian 1st Inf
Berget 9 - The Firm & Zansian Blackops A03
Berget 10 - Zansian Blackguard
Berget 11 - GCT SFODU

pivo-lasko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pivo-lasko » 18 May 2013, 15:34

jar of gasoline.

B8 vets know what im talking about 8)
berget veteran

B5, B7, B8, B9

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 19 May 2013, 17:52

pivo-lasko wrote:jar of gasoline.

B8 vets know what im talking about 8)
+1 and ofcourse don´t ever forget to drink!!!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow